AT Soldier Mod

The TOW units fire now without hitting the ground, thanks for correcting.

I'm still not having a lot of luck when air transporting TOW units by helicopter. They embark and disembark fine but once on the ground they tend to not engage enemy units. I think it's an AI thing with the DCS engine, because it seems that they need to go to a first waypoint to kind of "Wake up" and start detecting enemy units.

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

I had a mission where the TOW units once again fired into the ground. There was no elevation rise in front of them and other TOW units in the same mission fired without this issue.

Also I get no sound from the ATGM units when they fire. I just assumed there was no sound but then I watched your video and noticed there is sound. Maybe I installed incorrectly?

(EDIT: The lack of sound was due to another sound mod that was messing up the rocket motor sound, the sound of the AT Infantry works just fine now)

Edited by monkie

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

Hey, I`m pretty new to DCS Mods. Can you please tell me how to implement a mod into DCS ?

Or give me a link where I could read and learn ?

Thank you in advance.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

Well not all "Mods" are the same but if you are specifically asking about Morkva_55's AT infantry mod then you would simply copy the file folder "Infantry AT" into the directory as follows:

DCS World\Mods\tech\

Inside the Infantry AT folder you should see 4 folders and an .lau file called "entry"

That is all you need to do, go into the mission editor and you will now see the ATGM soldiers are selectable under the infantry category.

A lot of folks use JGSME for mods but in this case it's simply adding one folder that most likely won't be overwritten or changed during an update.

• Like 1

Thank you for the quick answer.

That sounds as even I can work it out.

Really looking forward to play with it.

BTW. What`s it all about the Toyota Trucks ??? Are they a part of the mod ?

Edited by ex81

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

No, the Toyota trucks are a work in progress unrelated to the AT Infantry mod, the first page of the thread explains the Infantry AT mod and has the link for download.

Morkva, there are some problems.

soldier_9k115 model with connector POINT_SIGHT_1 ---> i know the sight position is correct and realistic but we can see only the grass if the grass/smallshit is turned on in the options menu. and the whole model is trembling/shaking and very slowly move on the ground when it should be fully static

soldier_9k135 model ---> missile tube is not moving vertically by arg1. only connectors rotate. please add/make tube rotation for arg1 animation

thanks

sign-pic4.jpg

Morkva, there are some problems.

soldier_9k115 model with connector POINT_SIGHT_1 ---> i know the sight position is correct and realistic but we can see only the grass if the grass/smallshit is turned on in the options menu. and the whole model is trembling/shaking and very slowly move on the ground when it should be fully static

soldier_9k135 model ---> missile tube is not moving vertically by arg1. only connectors rotate. please add/make tube rotation for arg1 animation

thanks

Press "C" or "H" for AT unit stay stable.

Mod updated. 28.August.2016

- Sight point for 9k115 moved upward,

- Infantry chassis size reduced,

- 9k135 model and animation fixed.

45b20c27e322.jpg

467205dab32e.jpg

8ed307a5b6cf.jpg

51cd76e21631.jpg

Edited by Morkva_55

su-24.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did some short tests in ME, this is what I found:

It is present in 2.5 as long as you place it in the SavedGames mods folder.

AI can succesfully engage enemy targets with both TOW and AT-14.

AT-7 dives and crash due to a pronounced launch curve described by missile trayectory.

This missile trayectory affects every type of launcher when used by human player, making it

almost impossible to use the weapon without hitting the ground.

I can remember similiar issues with the first versions of this MUST HAVE mod before the

updates.

Allways wanted to say thank you for this one, Morkva!

Hello Morkva,

thank you, for your great work.

I would like to learn how to create a new simple Infantry mod. For that, I try to read as an example, your file "9K115" with Notepad++. But this file seems note to be a standard text file (like .lua).

Can you tell me what type of file is it, and how I can read/create this ?

Is there some ressource explaining how to add a new mod in DCS. My quesiton is not for the .edm files or for the textures one, only for the code files necessary for including the new mod in the Mission Editor.

I advance, thanks for your answer, who help me a lot..

Mod updated. 20.February.2018

- Fix compatibility for DCS World 2.5.0

!!! Press "C" for AT unit stabilization before open fire !!!

Great! I wish this kind of units were included in the game as a standard feature :)

I read somewhere that you were working on a technical pickup truck with a DSHK, any news?