Announcement - new A-10C DLC training campaign

++bump. I am also very keen on some new challenges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Eagerly waiting for this ever since I've heard of it. I just wish the new cockpit textures also arrive by then.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

• 2 weeks later...

I am curious, is this released already? Bought some A-10C campaigns few hours ago and just found this thread. I cannot seems to find this campaign in Ed's shop list.

Looks like one that would ease my re-entry into the A-10C again with the gorgeously looking new cockpit which is at this stage a work in progress.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I need retraining having been away from the A-10C for ages as new aircraft have come along. Happy to fork out for this
Maple basic flight training for A-10C has been putting me on the edge each time I am to get my flight rating.

It has been a good learning campaign. Doing the Startup, emergency landing, flying traffic pattern and precision landing has been very rewarding.

Long absence from the A-10C made passing startup mission and proper shutdown very frustrating. The FE was very unforgiving but I got the whole process memorized now without using a displayed checklist.

Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Maple basic flight training for A-10C has been putting me on the edge each time I am to get my flight rating.

It has been a good learning campaign. Doing the Startup, emergency landing, flying traffic pattern and precision landing has been very rewarding.

Long absence from the A-10C made passing startup mission and proper shutdown was very quite frustrating. The FE was very unforgiving but I got the whole process is memorized now without using a displayed checklist.

I have those campaigns too and was waiting for these missions to be out while doing maple flag missions. I got all the way to the tactical training campaign and stopped there a long time ago. I remember the emergency landing mission when I had to do it there was a bug where the jet became completely unresponsive with only left hydraulic failure. I think that's been fixed though by now.

I remember testing out the missions Baltic made for this training and they are top notch; the instructions are clear, concise and the instructor is super accommodating. So I can't wait for them to be out as well. With all the modules that have come out I miss being in the hog. Definitely need a refresher so I can continue the enemy within 3.0 too.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I remember the emergency landing mission when I had to do it there was a bug where the jet became completely unresponsive with only left hydraulic failure.

I remember testing out the missions Baltic made for this training and they are top notch; the instructions are clear, concise and the instructor is super accommodating. So I can't wait for them to be out as well. With all the modules that have come out I miss being in the hog. Definitely need a refresher so I can continue the enemy within 3.0 too.

I am not sure of the hydraulic pressure bug.

When I put off my right engine as instructed, my aircraft became lopsided. I thought this was normal, had to use lots of roll trim to compensate to land successfully. Watched Recon Stewart video of same mission and noticed the APU & APU gen was switched on after right engine turned off. This may have helped in him getting a relatively stable landing.

This would be an absolutely good time to have Baltic training mission for the A-10C released. Hoping we could get a sniff of what the state is with that campaign.

That mission where u gotta make an emergency landing at the abandoned airfield? You have to set FLT CONT switch to MAN REVERSION. That way you get back some control.

Furthermore, you can bail out at any time and still win the mission.

I had a bit of a hard time with that one, too.

I remember setting it to MAN Reversion but I had a very difficult time with control on the way down. Even people in recon Stewart's YouTube video comments mentioned the same.

I had no idea that you could bail out and still win.

That mission where u gotta make an emergency landing at the abandoned airfield? You have to set FLT CONT switch to MAN REVERSION. That way you get back some control.

Furthermore, you can bail out at any time and still win the mission.

I had a bit of a hard time with that one, too.

Oh the MAN REVERSION would be interesting to try.

Was the instruction to land on an abandoned airfield? In my case I made it back to Batumi airbase where I got my mostly Q minus rating.

Perhaps the mission have since been updated.

The Baltic Training mission would really be amazingly detailed. I flew the first mission demo, took almost one hours to get system setup and bird rolling.

Happy this is done for the NTTR map and wish Ed's ATC upgrade for the airfield is ready so one can do proper atc approach and departure procedure mission.

Didn't try it tbh, but FE was like 'you may also eject'. Flight controls were indeed extremely difficult, but I managed to do it after a couple of times.
I get the mission you are talking about now.

Presently on it and not easy so far.

Man Reversion on seems make the aircraft wobbles unconttollably. Have flew the mission twice now and in the first I cannot deploy my speedbreak to get to landing speed, moreso that airfield is rather too short.

Second mission did not trigger the part where I am instructed to shutdown the engines and I strayed in military zone while waiting for that to happen.

Looks like I would just eject next time since I am given that route.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I've been talking about the 'Practice Emergencies' mission, I guess it was mission 8. That landing with all the system failures was brutal, took me A LOT of trys.

After I was done, I realized that I could just have ejected. At least I think so, but might be worth a try.

Yes someone also told me that you can still pass the mission if you eject.

Yes someone also told me that you can still pass the mission if you eject.
I eject once, and I got "You damaged the aircraft" message from the the FE.

That rated me unqualified.

I landed overshooting the runway, barged into the perimeter fence and damaged the front strut with fire on the broken wings. This gave "You managed to get the bird on the ground" message and I passed.

On my first landing and running off the runway, the aircraft blew up, got a bad rating in that instance.

The instruction was you can eject if you cannot perform the emergency landing but did not seem to work except there are other conditions that has to be met when ejecting.

Edited by Eaglewings

Err, guys, I'm sure there's a better place to discuss that mission than a thread for an as of yet unreleased campaign by an entirely different author. ;)

+1 yes, it is very rude of them to hijack the OP thread.

Unfortunately it's been a fairly common attitude lately on this Forum. Not much one can do about it, other than adding such people to the ignore list :(

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Attention drawn. Wao, guilty as charged here.

I must admit I have completely lost track of the topic here. Rudeness is honestly not intended,

I am current doing those maple missions and was easy to forget the topic of the open post.

Apologies fellows

In the spirit of staying on topic, any idea what is the state of this campaign? I know Baltic Dragon would have his hands filled with Raven One for the Hornet at the moment.

The demo mission of this campaign was really quite detailed and close to what I would imagine is obtainable in the real world scenerio.

• 8 months later...

The A-10C II will surely raise interest for such a campaign. It would be common business sense to use the new version in it. But there is only one mission from 2016 and then nothing for 4.5 years - sadly it looks pretty much abadoned, atm.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

I remember testing quite a few of these missions back then but of course with the new A-10C-II there's probably several things that most likely will have to be tweaked and updated to fit the new model. BD has never let us down, saying it's abandoned is far fetched. It may take longer but remember in the end it will be all worth it..assuming ED patches don't break stuff as soon as it's out lol.