Prepurchased F-5E Tiger II

Azazel

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

something something 20% less

Not really because they're driving the prices up. So you're thinking you're getting a good deal but you're actually still paying full price.

Source: F-5 on 20% "discount" is about the same price as the MiG 21

/да бойз/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not really because they're driving the prices up. So you're thinking you're getting a good deal but you're actually still paying full price.

But the Mig-21 has been out for 2 years...

So the Price is not the same as it was on release...

You cant Expect a Newly released product to have the same price as one that has been out for a few years.

in two years time im sure the F-5E will be the same price as the Mig-21 is today (20% less then it is today and the mig-21 might be even lower priced).

The newly released Products have higher price tags not because they drive up the prices but because they are new and as they become older the prices will go down to 20%.

So if you buy it on Pre purchase you will get it cheaper then it will be for the next 1-2 years (Except for future sales ofc).

Edited by mattebubben

If the F-5 was the only $60 module then you'd have a point, but it isn't. The L-39, M2000 and C-101 all cost the same.

Based on past pre-purchases, then up until it's released to early access.

Based on the actual announcement, until July.

DCS: F-5E Tiger II will sell for $59.99 in July 2016

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You cant Expect a Newly released product to have the same price as one that has been out for a few years.

Actually, considering that each aircraft should be using code developed for previous aircraft, the newer module should be less expensive.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Actually, considering that each aircraft should be using code developed for previous aircraft, the newer module should be less expensive.

Dont really have anything to do with Production cost.

And also since most of the Modules are from different devs they use different codes.

But mostly its not about production cost.

Just like games in general they tend to cost the same when they are New and then the price is lowered over time.

And yes they reuse code but its still a ton of work for a module.

The Code is always evolving and being updated for every module they do (and very likely its updated or parts are remade during the making of a module)

Edited by mattebubben

+1

A-10C was 60 back in the day and the prices on modules got down. Cost of production can really drive de ASKED price up. The PAYED price is up to the free market.

Personally I wait at least for release to buy it with some of my 83$/points/marbles or a sale... or both.

I have also little less time and a lot of other planes/helicopters I didn't flew enough and I start to have a feeling that buying into modules like a collectionneur will just create the illusion I will have more time to play... :cry:

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

As somebody who grew up seeing Tigers flying in and out of Dübendorf AFB all the time, of course I couldn't resist!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

\\\S.D. Plissken... American, Lieutenant: Special Forces Unit "Black Light". Two Purple Hearts, Leningrad and Siberia. Youngest man to be decorated by the President. Then you robbed the Federal Reserve Depository... life sentence, New York maximum security penitentary.

\\\My Specs

ASUS Maximus IX Code / i7 7700K / 32GB DDR4@3600MHz / MSI GeForce 1080Ti / Samsung M.2 960 EVO / ACER PREDATOR X34A / TM Warthog / MFG Crosswind Pedals / TIR 5

Although im barely off the ground and just messing around with flyin i would love the f5 in my hanger but im gonna wait till you experienced flyers get the bugs worked out..

The "SCALES" of aeronautical performance will weigh heavily on your next move..

Although im barely off the ground and just messing around with flyin i would love the f5 in my hanger but im gonna wait till you experienced flyers get the bugs worked out..

Where's your Test Pilot spirit :D

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.