Caucasus Texture DLC by Starway - Donation page is online

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update 2 in progress ...

7EYVXwm.jpg

Looks much better and cleaner , maybe even helps bit spotting ?? So no need to mess with files myself :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

please the torrent for the update?

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

You must deactivate then delete "Caucasus Map DLC by Starway" as version 1.1 contains everything.

the 1.1 version is a complete replacement, SW just used a different name for the package which i think is what is leading to the confusion. As i recall it was noted in a previous post right after 1.1 was first released, that it was a full replacement, not an incremental update.

So download the latest 1.1 version, delete all others and put only the new v1.1 in jsgme, then activate.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

Please see this post:

Noise max 0.4 or 0.5 made huge diffrence for spotting, low alt terrain wont look anymore like it has lots of dirt on it , thanks :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Noise max 0.4 or 0.5 made huge diffrence for spotting, low alt terrain wont look anymore like it has lots of dirt on it , thanks :)

Great! I'm glad I could help.

Just to let you guys know: Right now I am working on a new 8K noise texture which is less "noisy" and more lively and some other adjustments. Summer and spring is done. Everything should be ready by next week.

This will be the last big update before converting the DLC to T4.

All the best,

Starway

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD

Just to let you guys know: Right now I am working on a new 8K noise texture which is less "noisy" and more lively and some other adjustments. Summer and spring is done. Everything should be ready by next week.

All the best,

Starway

Does it mean that ED is about to release DCS 2.5? :joystick:

Anyway, the "noise" in your textures is not the main reason the TGP is not working. The reason is that the TGP's FLIR is broken and has to be fixed by ED.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Alis Aquilae Aut Pax Aut Bellum"

Veritech's DCS YouTube Channel

No, I don't have a clue when the 2.5 version will come out.

Good try though, Veritech :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

All the best,

Starway

Please try to test that visual spotting is ok before relase (would be nice to have it spot on for final before T4)

It's always compromise but im happy to hear that you are making less noisy :thumbup::thumbup:

And big thank you for beast overall ground textures for this sim.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here is 0,5 , nice soft natural look. Colors are very good (least in my uber ips monitor)

http://www.image-share.com/upload/3258/55.jpg

55.jpg

And here is 0,9 sharp but fake detail look, even with impostors on its very hard to spot tank in low alt. Colors are bit puke , noise max effects colors too so more tuning is needed

56.jpg

Edited by Haukka81

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does anyone have a comparison screenshots with stairways default noise max value and say a value of 0.4?

Not home right now and I would love to see the difference. Thank you in advance :)

Here is the comparison too ( http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2804242&postcount=757 )

Full resolution:

0.5 (modifed)

DCS-2016-_sqpqaaq.jpg

0.9 (default). More details on the texture.

DCS-2016-_sqpqaqp.jpg

Btw.

In the first version Starway has this option as 1.1 level. Maybe good idea is to have it something between also (0.7?).

0.6 is ok too:

DCS-2016-_sqpqqsh.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro