Caucasus Texture DLC by Starway - Donation page is online

Yes that is correct. If you want to use the files from the latest dds package, just drag and drop the "noise_1.bmp.dds" into the zip files. After that you can delete the old bmp file from the zip.

Best,

SW

Yes, but you didn't give us "noise_1.bmp.dds" in your new "LandTexturesWinterOther" folder. You gave us "noise_1.bmp.bmp" :(

Are all the "noise_1.bmp.dds" files the same? Maybe I could use one from one of the other folders?

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but you didn't give us "noise_1.bmp.dds" in your new "LandTexturesWinterOther" folder. You gave us "noise_1.bmp.bmp" :(

Are all the "noise_1.bmp.dds" files the same? Maybe I could use one from one of the other folders?

Try to reload the file. There is something wrong with your files. The should be named "noise_1.bmp.dds"

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD

Thanks for this new version guys, now visibility of the ground objects is more real

RYZEN 7 1800X 3.5ghz / 32 DDR4 RAM Crucial / Nvidia 2070 RTX EVGA / Samsung SSD 500 GB / Acer XB270H G-Sync / Trackir 5 / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / Oculus CV1

Try to reload the file. There is something wrong with your files. The should be named "noise_1.bmp.dds"

I downloaded again and got the .dds file in the "LandTexturesWinterOther" folder now. :thumbup: Thanks.

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

Hi All

It may be a big coincidence, but since I installed Starway I am getting crashes in external view. I can get several seconds and maybe a minute EV and then.

Black Screen for 5 seconds.

The Black Loading Screen with DCS logo for maybe 20 seconds.

And then the little grey window that says DCS has stopped working.

Like I said it's only since I installed Starway so it seems it maybe the issue and I am going to try it tonight with the mod removed and see if it is stable.

Are there any know issues with Starway that might be causing this?

Thanks

Thanks for this new version guys, now visibility of the ground objects is more real

+++++++1

THANK YOU STARWAY !!

Now we have great visual quality and same time these are usable for cas etc.. missions. Not too easy or too hard to spot tanks etc.. :joystick:

Again, THANK YOU !

ED, just made these default textures to caucasus, performance is great with small noise files :)

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What a wonderful job you guys did guys. Worthy of DLC, a shame not to have gone in the e-shop of ED and steam, but good that succeeded the community funding.

Congratulations, with the effort of you Caucasus gained new life and more breath to continue with one of the main maps within the DCS World

Intel i7 7700K | ASUS MAXIMUN IX Hero | GSkill RBG 3000mhz 32G(4x8G) | MSI Trio 1080ti | 1x M.2 SSD Samsung 960PRO 512G | 1 x WesterDigital 4T | Corsair AX-850W | Monitor Alienware 34" aw3418dw | Oblisidian 800D |CORSAIR H80 | Teclado Logitech G15 |Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite | Trackir 5 + Clip pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Pedal MFG Crosswind

Hi all,

I am posting here because I am using Starway texture for trial: I found a few bugs that I am not sure if they are related to these textures.

I was flying low near Batumi yesterday, with the Gazelle, and it looks like the ground level is higher than the water. Meaning, the two textures are not on the same level.

Also, the trees around the hills appear to be floating off the ground.by a few meters.

Again not sure if it is a map issue or texture issue?

Cheers,

e.

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

Both are a map issue. Have been with us since the beginning of the DCS. I thought the water level problem was fixed with 1.5, but maybe it didn't. Wonder If it's going to be adjusted when the 2.5 update comes.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

don't have that alt pb on nevada , but I have it on caucasus map in 202

one remark

working on 202 with caucasus map, with 1.1 version of Starway, and trying to mix with Barthek one's, if I keep Barthek trees and Barthek's low altitude textures (not mountains where I keep Starway's), no pb with trees. If I use Starway's trees on Barthek's ground, I do have the pb of flying trees on some locations

yt2s.jpg

Ive found some strange trees. I dont know if they already looked like this in vanilla dcs.

I think they looked like this from Lock On ;)

don't have that alt pb on nevada , but I have it on caucasus map in 202

one remark

working on 202 with caucasus map, with 1.1 version of Starway, and trying to mix with Barthek one's, if I keep Barthek trees and Barthek's low altitude textures (not mountains where I keep Starway's), no pb with trees. If I use Starway's trees on Barthek's ground, I do have the pb of flying trees on some locations

I don't think it has anything to do with the texture. Place a tank exactly there and test both versions with the same exact spot not at random. Vanilla version has the same little issue in some places (same places). The issue might get aggravated if a tree texture is "painted" a bit shorter. The R_For texture.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Still underway with 1.0 DLC Texture pack, recognize there new update mainly fly Gazelle currently personall found it's harder to spot targets in the FLIR with the Starway texture pack. Is there workaround or is just me how think this?

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Still underway with 1.0 DLC Texture pack, recognize there new update mainly fly Gazelle currently personall found it's harder to spot targets in the FLIR with the Starway texture pack. Is there workaround or is just me how think this?

I fly helos too, just install new update 2.0 and you see targets fine :thumbup:

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Some time ago I had a small talk with Barthek about a feature... here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2234538#post2234538

So... I wanted to bump this idea and I made this little movie to make a moving picture speak more words.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Thank zaelu for this video.

This is a very good beginner's guide how mip mapping works. Maybe you want to repost it or move it somewhere in the "how-to" section too.

Best,

SW

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD

Yes thanks zaelu, being ignorant to all things textures and modding, i found it very informative.. i had no idea there was even that type of LOD change within the cockpit, thanks for sharing

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals