Caucasus Texture DLC by Starway - Donation page is online

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting a lot of shimmer/flickering from the grass. Is there a way too reduce it?

Check this http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=159434 .

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Haukka81 - thanks for the tips, I'll give it a try.

Though ref the AA - I've not had any framerate issues up to now, but might need to bear that in mind when my Rift arrives.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

---------------------------------------

UPDATE 2.0 released!

Dear Simmers, I am happy to announce the release of the second update for this DLC. This time it is really huge. Almost every texture has been retouched. Specially the noise, fields and mountais are completely new based on the feedback I received.

Fantastic update! Thanks, Starway! :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

After some testing, I guess it's back to 1.1 for me. The smooth and bland look of new textures is a bit of a letdown, though I guess I could try to change something with these noise parameters everyone was talking about a couple of pages back. I understand A-10C owners feedback, but since I don't have it, spotting tanks on this TV-something device is non-existent factor for me :D.

Much bigger problem is a very noticeable performance hit though - I guess my old GTX780 just isn't good enough for these and increasing noise is going to make things even worse. I wonder if it's possible to combine 2.0 runways, roads etc. with 1.1 everything else. Never tried mixing, will have to take a closer look into the folders.

Thanks for continuous modding work anyway!

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Mister Starway:

1- It sould be better to reach your download url at page N°1

2-Your blog is not updated.

Hey man!

Windows 10 (64 bits)

Intel® Corei7-3770 CPU@ 3.40GHz 3.40GHZ

32,0 Go Canal-Double DDR3

Moniteur Philips 24 pouces (1920x1080@60Hz)

Moniteur Philips 19b (1280x1024)

2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (NVIDIA)

1024 MoATI AMD Radeon HD 5450 (ASUStek Computer Inc)

Track IR 5, Saitek Rudder Pedals Pro, Hotas Warthog

Hey, just wanted to say:

This is just great! Its a great improvement for the FLIR, the NOE flying looks great and the additional scenic little streams and valleys are perfect.

Thanks so much, finally back to the Evil Within!

• Like 1

Hi Starway !

Just a little remark. Mountains seen from far show snow but when you come closer your photorealistic texture without snow appear. It's a bit annoying, specially on the highest mount of the map:

8diditopgun-1-20160614-005341.png

8diditopgun-2-20160614-005341.png

Do you think it's possible to do something ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Hi Starway !

Just a little remark. Mountains seen from far show snow but when you come closer your photorealistic texture without snow appear. It's a bit annoying, specially on the highest mount of the map:

Do you think it's possible to do something ?

Yes, please can this be fixed?

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

After some testing, I guess it's back to 1.1 for me. The smooth and bland look of new textures is a bit of a letdown, though I guess I could try to change something with these noise parameters everyone was talking about a couple of pages back. I understand A-10C owners feedback, but since I don't have it, spotting tanks on this TV-something device is non-existent factor for me :D.

Much bigger problem is a very noticeable performance hit though - I guess my old GTX780 just isn't good enough for these and increasing noise is going to make things even worse. I wonder if it's possible to combine 2.0 runways, roads etc. with 1.1 everything else. Never tried mixing, will have to take a closer look into the folders.

Thanks for continuous modding work anyway!

your observation frightened me Art-j:(

I was about to download it but now...

Gtx770:unsure:

your observation frightened me Art-j:(

I was about to download it but now...

Gtx770:unsure:

You should download it and try it out for yourself. You can always go back to a previous version.

intel i7 6700k overclocked to 4.6, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, Asus z170 pro gaming motherboard, Asus strix 1080, Max flight stick(modded), MFG Crosswind pedals.

Version 2.0 textures are amazing but I have performance issue. As I use low textures so I compared all config files and there isn't changed any thing except one setting which don't make any difference. I don't know why I drop FPS.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

You should download it and try it out for yourself. You can always go back to a previous version.

I have a GTX 770 and it struggles. Try it for yourself but I have had to revert back to a different terrain due to low fps.

My experience with the 2.0. Loving it! Thanks Starway!

Can't wait 'til ED releases 2.5 and I apply this DLC!

Somehow the embedded video doesn't work, but I found it on youtube for those who are interested:

[ame]

[/ame]

Cheers!

• Like 1

I have a GTX 770 and it struggles. Try it for yourself but I have had to revert back to a different terrain due to low fps.

The new DLC update is using 8K textures which are graphics card demanding. That might be the reason why you feel a performance hit.

Best,

SW

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD

Rgr that. Suggestion For You then - keeping the links for both versions, over here and on Your blog, so that everyone can find and get the package he's happy with :).

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Can you say roughly how much VRAM is needed for the 8k DLC? If it needs at least 3GB for example, knowing this would save those with only 2GB from trying it.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen