Caucasus Texture DLC by Starway - Donation page is online

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys please stop whining around and welcome to reality. If you want unrealistic looking textures supporting ground units beeing sitting ducks go with the stock terrain. You can't have both!

Cheers!

How are they 'whining'.....they are stating there views, and if I was the creator of this awesome mod I would welcome feedback, good and bad.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

It's easy, just change the noisemax in your terrain lua back to noisemax = 0.6; or noisemax = 0.5;

Thanks Mustang!

That's what I was just about to post.

It is really easy to create customized config files. The files are located in your JGSME folder under config/terrain. Here you can find several lua files: Extreme, high, medium … choose the one which is representative for the option you select in the game menue. Means if you select extreme visibility in the game, you should edit the file which is called extreme.lua.

Look for the line which says "noisemax = …" Reducing the value means less detail on the ground by improoving visibility of ground units.

Best,

SW

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD

Thanks Mustang!

It is really easy to create customized config files. The files are located in your JGSME folder under config/terrain. Here you can find several lua files: Extreme, high, medium … choose the one which is representative for the option you select in the game menue. Means if you select extreme visibility in the game, you should edit the file which is called extreme.lua.

Look for the line which says "noisemax = …" Reducing the value means less detail on the ground by improoving visibility of ground units.

Best,

SW

Okay I'll try it. What is this noise? Is it actually a effect or just the name of different bmp files the game uses (edit: that you made)? I assumed it was just some different transperant layers over a base layer.

• Like 1

My bad sorry buddy does that include the runway textures also?

Yes, they are included.

Okay I'll try it. What is this noise? Is it actually a effect or just the name of different bmp files the game uses (edit: that you made)? I assumed it was just some different transperant layers over a base layer.

It adjusts the intensity/contrast of the noise texture. The lower this value is, the less contrast the base textures have.

Best,

SW

Ground vehicles are impossible to spot visually (compered to stock textures) on open fields, grass etc. Even if I know where they are, I can't see them, until it's to late to aim & shoot.

I don't see any dirt rotor-wash from helis when landing on terrain.

Anybody else having those problems?

Spotting is shitty now, please starway, take look for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi

thanks for your work it's really awesome.

Just a noob question as I see you are talking about visibility. Is this mod compatible with your DLC : http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160634

Thanks

He's talking about scenery visibility, affected by "visib range" setting in game options. You're talking about targets visibility settings, which is completely different thing. So I guess the mod You linked to is most likely going to work OK.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Spotting is shitty now, please starway, take look for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please see this post:

Thanks Mustang!

Best,

SW

Airfield Batumi Textures

@Starways

Is there any plan's to upgrade the Batumi airfield? Also when looking around different airfields last night I noted about 3 that had the updated textures for the runways then it was spotty with the stock textures. Just did not look right, thought maybe they were over sights?

Edited by Highlander

does anyone notice that if unzip all zip file into folders with same name and put those folders to the destination, the in-game appearance is a little bit different from directly replacing those texture zip files by starway's

- zoom in/out show different textures

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Hello ! Paid , thank you for your work Starway! We're airborne , we'll see ).Sorry for my English , Google translation ))

-DED-Squad

"На себя-это вверх, от себя-это вниз... "

Oculus Rift CV1. Win10Pro ,Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X, Corei7 10700KF, 32GbDDR4(3200), MSI RTX 2070 Gaming 8G, VPC WarBRD MT-50CM2, Saitek X55 (РУД), педали Ми-8+демпфер,TrackIR5 плюс чего-то ещё с осями и кнопками )