Caucasus Texture DLC by Starway - Donation page is online

I have a question. So i have donwloaded the new 8k textures. When i drop the folder in my _Mods folder and slect it in JSGME no texture is loaded in the game.

But if i seleect the first donwloaded Caucasus Map texture from Starway it will load without problems.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Installation method is the same in version 1.1 and 2.0, only the main mod folder has a different name, but that shouldn't make any difference. Double check if the whole package downloaded and extracted correctly.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Starways mod causes integrity check failure on OB for me now...

No Problems with that for me! 2.0 works Fine in Open Beta

The underground is where I dwell at, It's where I find my heaven, and where you find your hell at :music_whistling:

Direct copy creates no problems for me. Actually need the mod to get rid of stutter present in the vanilla version of open beta. Really great that this mod has this effect, would be nice to just have it as the base texture package in the map, as a result.

Edited by yellow_jacket

Do you have to download and install 1.5x before installing the other updates or can you just grab 2.0 and install that? I'm a bit confused about the order I should install this. Thanks

Just download the latest version; they've all been standalone releases so far.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

You can use the texture files but not the .lua config files! Works fine here.

True but those textures were created for looking and working great with those modified lua's, and BTW, those news lua's get rid of stutter and the freezes when we zoom in/out in cockpit.... now this is annoying..... this is amazing but Starway's modified lua's are much better in term of performance than ED's ones....

True but those textures were created for looking and working great with those modified lua's, and BTW, those news lua's get rid of stutter and the freezes when we zoom in/out in cockpit.... now this is annoying..... this is amazing but Starway's modified lua's are much better in term of performance than ED's ones....

Yes it will not be as perfect as the original mod but at least you will have the terrain. I also tried to update one OB server with Starways config files but that will not work anymore. So basically the Integrity check ensures a clean client and clean server. The server will have a red IC icon if not clean, at least at the server console but not in the server list. I hope this red icon will make it's way in to the server list also so you easy can see modified servers.

Yes it will not be as perfect as the original mod but at least you will have the terrain. I also tried to update one OB server with Starways config files but that will not work anymore. So basically the Integrity check ensures a clean client and clean server. The server will have a red IC icon if not clean, at least at the server console but not in the server list. I hope this red icon will make it's way in to the server list also so you easy can see modified servers.

So, maybe we can suggest to ED if it's feasible to add Starway's lua's config files as an in-game option, whis this, no integrity check problem. At the beginning, this mod was intended to be sell as a separate DLC, with is own config files, maybe they can have a look at this.... what do you think about this?

+1

this is amazing but Starway's modified lua's are much better in term of performance than ED's ones....

Maybe a good poll for this this is a great idea to offer ED This has my vote. ( Unify and not dividing ;) ) I think we need this lately.

maybe we can suggest to ED if it's feasible to add Starway's lua's config files as an in-game option, whis this, no integrity check problem.

+1

Maybe a good poll for this this is a great idea to offer ED This has my vote. ( Unify and not dividing ;) ) I think we need this lately.

Yes, i was thinking about a poll, but it would be interesting to heard Starway about the new integrity check and his textures.

So, can the new integrity check be toggled off on the server so mods can be used?

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

So, can the new integrity check be toggled off on the server so mods can be used?

Yes.

But a lot of servers would want to use the integrity check. (keep for example people in WW2 planes flying with Aim120's and stuff out of their servers..) If you check right now in the server list on the beta. Already about 1/4th of the servers are requiring integrity check.

But in my opinion, their should be some sort of distinction in the "integrity check". Such as, "allow graphical mods, don't allow mechanical ones". But I can image that to be virtually impossible to implement. As they already sort of do that (changes in image files are allowed, core lua files are not.. such as starways Shadow lua file.

Easiest option to me seems ED white-listing that file in some sort of way. But that's something only ED developers can tell us :)

Edited by CrashO
  • Like 1

Hey guys,

Is the starway mod compatible with 1.5.4 beta?

For some reason the winter map is in fact summer or autumn.

For instance, when I spawn instant action winter, it's in fact not winter at all.

Which lua do I need to fiddle with to get this working agian?

Hey guys,

Is the starway mod compatible with 1.5.4 beta?

For some reason the winter map is in fact summer or autumn.

For instance, when I spawn instant action winter, it's in fact not winter at all.

Which lua do I need to fiddle with to get this working agian?

Had the same problem. Restart helped for now. Fix by ED needed. I gonna make some screenshots next time and report it. But highly probably it has nothing to do with texture replacements.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

According to this explanation, check which is the month in question.

I made a mission with the editor (month: june) and tried some instant action missions. I had winter every time. After restarting the software, everything was correct again. So highly probably it has nothing to do with texture replacements of this dlc.

Edited by PicksKing

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

New mip maps for fields, villages and towns for more detail and better distance blending. Thanks again Kuky for the tip! Approved for 1.5.4

Nvvgbrl.jpg

lIuSXSI.jpg

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD