TrackIR Behavior with 1.5.4 Release

It is exactly how it works in real life also.

Well then that is good to know I guess. Strange all these years they did not simulate that part of real life.

I sure miss the old incorrect way...

:)

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New view is fine with me but I will say that I'm fairly new to DCS. I few adjustments and I'm fine (TrackIR from day one).

I remember when I first started with DCS, I hated the default view, I couldn't see where I was flying - felt like I had to raise the view. Now that I've had more cockpit time, I realize most flying is done with the instruments. I can understand those that got use to the old view, but it wasn't ingrained into me making it easier for me to adapt.

• Like 1

Another problem that I saw, TrackIR was horrible if I enable full screen (Alt Enter) with nvidia Adaptive (Half Refresh Rate 1/2) Vsync.

The change of vision is not smooth, it is flickers

solved, I disable Vsync in DCS options, and than the problem go away.

Dell U2715H 27" IPS 2560x1440 / 60 Hz; Ryzen 7 7700x; 32gb DDR5 6400; B650M Aorus Pro; Water Cooler Arctic liquid freezer II 280

Well then that is good to know I guess. Strange all these years they did not simulate that part of real life.

It must also be incorrect that I can see my knees while I type this.:music_whistling:

• Like 1

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Kuky, I'm getting this message immediately on mission start, without having ever moved my head yet, just looking straight ahead. What could this be?

That doesn't look like having anything to do with default view change. If TrackIR doesn't track straight away at mission start with you just looking forward must be problem with TrackIR. Does it track/move in TrackIR software?

No longer active in DCS...

You funny guys :smilewink:

That doesn't look like having anything to do with default view change. If TrackIR doesn't track straight away at mission start with you just looking forward must be problem with TrackIR. Does it track/move in TrackIR software?

Yes, Track IR works fine in the TrackIR software screen, TrackIR worked fine in the old ver 1.5.3, works fine in all of my other flight sims, and now works fine again in DCS World after I replaced the new 1.5.4 TrackIR default.lua with the old TrackIR default.lua from ver 1.5.3. Go figure.

Thanks to you and BIG NEWY for working so hard answering all these questions since the release yesterday. :beer: You guys should get combat pay since the release of 1.5.4. So I guess it's problem solved for me by stepping back to a 1.5.3 file. As long as ED continues to allow me to use this old file in each new release version, I'll be a happy guy! :thumbsup: But I do so wish an in game selection will be added to use the new system (that doesn't work for me and others but is liked by some here), or an option to use the old, tried and true, never been a problem before, if it's not broke don't fix it, way of head tracking with TrackIR.

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

But using the new TrackIR default.lua should not make it stop working, I wonder if you have some mods that conflict... but if you're happy with old file that should do it I guess (for now at least).

But using the new TrackIR default.lua should not make it stop working, I wonder if you have some mods that conflict... but if you're happy with old file that should do it I guess (for now at least).

I don"t have mods and have same problem.

How can I replace the new 1.5.4 TrackIR default.lua? Can I copy 2.0 version?

Dell U2715H 27" IPS 2560x1440 / 60 Hz; Ryzen 7 7700x; 32gb DDR5 6400; B650M Aorus Pro; Water Cooler Arctic liquid freezer II 280

/DCS WORLD/CONFIG/INPUT/AIRCRAFTS/DEFAULT/trackir/default.lua

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Anyone else having issues with the cockpit view jittering? Not sure if it's TrackIR related but it jitters and I cannot zoom out from the dash. Really annoying. Tried disabling vsync but that made no difference. Seems to only be happening in certain aircraft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I solved disabling Vsync in DCS options.

But I tested only with Su-25, Su-27 and A-10A.

/DCS WORLD/CONFIG/INPUT/AIRCRAFTS/DEFAULT/trackir/default.lua

:thumbup:

And, can I use 2.0 file?

Anyone else having issues with the cockpit view jittering? Not sure if it's TrackIR related but it jitters and I cannot zoom out from the dash. Really annoying. Tried disabling vsync but that made no difference. Seems to only be happening in certain aircraft.

Yes, I'm getting this in the F-15C with 1.5.4

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

I have flown a few hours last week in beta, mostly choppers and M2k and cant say I hated it or couldnt see any angle etc.

Fine with me

my 2 cents

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

My problem is I can't center trackIR in game. I've to swap (Alt+Tap) out to any application running then I can center trackIR outside the game and swap back in game again. Is there anyway to solve this? Seem that no one has problem with center trackIR in game.

My problem is I can't center trackIR in game. I've to swap (Alt+Tap) out to any application running then I can center trackIR outside the game and swap back in game again. Is there anyway to solve this? Seem that no one has problem with center trackIR in game.

What key, or key combo, do you have defined for centering? If it is a key/key combo used by DCS, it is possible that DCS is trapping the keystroke and not letting TIR ever see it. I have mine set to keys that DCS does not use, which, thus far, has given me no problems.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I just had that problem in another sim. Try running TrackIR as Administrator. That fixed it for me.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

I played around with each plane I have (I have all except the Gazelle) and here's what I did for the A-10C:

I'm sure you guys know that TIR has included a profile for the A10C. Just look in the "Titles" tab in the TIR software for DCS: A-10C.

Using that profile, I just re-centered the view upward 22 degrees, saved the profile and voila! good to go in the A-10C like nothing had changed.

The remainder of the planes are livable with the TIR change in 1.5.4. In some cases in may look a little different but all are flyable. I don't really understand what and why the change was made, you know if it ain't broke...., but I guess I can live with it. :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67