VSN flyable aircraft mods

Yes, go into the entry.lua, find the VSN version and mod type, and for the old = #, change # to 6.

I tryed these it works. But with problems.

The hud is displayed only half. Upperside is cut. No gauge in the cockpit works anymore.

All you need to change that, if the mod has those files, run the .CMD file with the avioncs you want.

it doesnt exists in the new mod.

i try the 2.5 - F-14

By all these exitement i forgot one important thing:

Thanks Raz0+r for the mod!!!!!

I tryed these it works. But with problems.

The hud is displayed only half. Upperside is cut.

edit the "entry.lua"

dofile(current_mod_path.."/Views_SU33Pit.lua")

change to

dofile(current_mod_path.."/Views_F15Pit.lua")

No gauge in the cockpit works anymore.

yes, therefore only the Su-33 version, you can take the VSN_F14A_AFM which uses the F-15C Avionic, landing on the carrier is not possible.

• Like 1

yes, therefore only the Su-33 version, you can take the VSN_F14A_AFM which uses the F-15C Avionic, landing on the carrier is not possible.

yes thats my problem.

optimum were Imperal units with working gauges and carrier landing. (like in the old mod)

At this point its russian hud or no carrier

Edited by BlackLibrary

hey guys, nice !, will definately try the F14mod for 2.5 till heatblurs baby is out..

as I havent seen any F16C flyable mod for 2.5 so far:

any chance we will see VSN F16C flyable mod back in 2.5 ?

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Hi All,

Does anyone know if the swing-wings on the Tornado GR4 and IDS are working in 2.5? I've had no joy with getting it working.

Ta.

"Remember, always treat your kite like you treat your woman."

"Do you mean, do you mean take her home at the weekend to meet your Mother?"

"No! Get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back!" "WOOF"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi All,

Does anyone know if the swing-wings on the Tornado GR4 and IDS are working in 2.5? I've had no joy with getting it working.

Ta.

Yes, they work, the controls are mapped to the ground lights I believe, but yeah. for sure they work.

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Yes, they work, the controls are mapped to the ground lights I believe, but yeah. for sure they work.

Great, cheers. Also (bit of a long shot), does anyone know if the speed that the wings pivot can be changed? They switch from one position to the other very quickly.

Ta.

"Remember, always treat your kite like you treat your woman."

"Do you mean, do you mean take her home at the weekend to meet your Mother?"

"No! Get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back!" "WOOF"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tried the F14 and Tornadoes. I was expecting to prefer the Tornado, but ended up loving the looks of the F14, particularly so the one based on the Su33, which I promptly landed on a passing carrier.

Great work guys.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

hey guys, nice !, will definately try the F14mod for 2.5 till heatblurs baby is out..

as I havent seen any F16C flyable mod for 2.5 so far:

any chance we will see VSN F16C flyable mod back in 2.5 ?

The F-16 works with 2.5, just tested it.

Hey Razor when you get the chance can you check the F-16. The cockpit glass is a little off.

What's wrong with it?

That's down to the new Deferred Shading, the specular maps need to be revamped on some of the VSN addons, the Tornado GR4 has the same issues.

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

OK I reinstalled it but the only thing I see is the shiny skins reflecting. Is there a way to get rid of the shiny glow to the plane...Look at the wing

Screen_180214_204352.png

That's down to the new Deferred Shading, the specular maps need to be revamped on some of the VSN addons, the Tornado GR4 has the same issues.

Since those mods use the models, skins and textures from DCSW, ED would have to update them as we do not have access to the source files.

• 2 weeks later...

Just DL'd the F/A-18C, F-15E and Tomcat to tide me over until the official Hornet and Tomcat drop and I have to say, pretty good work guys, thanks so much for these. Survived my first two traps on the Carl Vinson in the Hornet and drove me to really learn how to setup my HOTAS (T16000M/TWCS).

Thanks!!

'Gimp

Edited by AcroGimp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

no, there is no defered shading/specular maps for/on the old F-16 model.

that's the basic in-material reflection. i will ask HungaroJET to fix that, he's a master of material-map-settings of 3D models

sign-pic4.jpg

Thanks. I’ll try that. Do you know any servers or groups that fly on 2.5 with mods?

Pretty much no server has these mods due to the fact that if they have any mods installed, other people cannot join the server unless they have these mods.

Pretty much no server has these mods due to the fact that if they have any mods installed, other people cannot join the server unless they have these mods.

not quite right (unless something changed recently) if you host a Server with mods enabled on it anyone can join, but if a player joins without a particular mod they will either not see it or will see whatever aircraft the mod is running from, example the F-14 / F-18 will show up as an Su-33 (or F-15) to other players without the mod,

As a player with mods active you can only join a server that has full integrity check disabled, or has integrity with exactly the same mods running as the player joining,

again other players will only see your mods if they are enabled and selectable as client on the server mission and if the other players are running the same mod as you

Edited by Dingo_Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5