[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

I've been trying to stick with vanilla installs, as I've had problems in the past; and once you just add every single thing from the get-go, it's a mother to diagnose. As it stands, I have multiple issues and am glad I haven't added more than necessary for flight and VR. 
That said, thanks for the suggestion; I'd used OVME before (and will probably do so once my current bugs are worked out), and Skateailla's launcher looks good as well.
Erik
Ah, yeah, makes sense. Luckily the app doesn't "add" anything. It's just a launcher that ED should have made in the first place. One can still start DCS by the stock shortcuts.

OT
Any chance you'll be at "Copen", "Sweden" or "Tons" next year?
"Aces High"

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Hello everybody!

I have used JetPad nearly 1½ year. It is a amazing device! I can't fly (DCS, MSFS) without it. With JetPad sim flying experience is really immersive! I do recommend it everyone flight sim enthusiast! I did these two gaps to the seat (attached image) for even more comfortable flying🤗

20211104_115252.jpg

Thank You  =Andre=    !!

^juimo

Edited by juimo
  • Like 5

Hardware:

Asus ROG Strix X-570-F | AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Asus GeForce RTX 4090 TUF Gaming | Kingston Fury Renegade DDR4-3600 CL16  64 GB | Corsair HX850i | Samsung SSD 980 PRO 500 GB M.2 | Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 | BenQ LCD BL3201PT | HP Reverb G2  | Loogitech G700s | Loogitech MX Ergo | Winwing F/A-18 H.O.T.A.S | TekCreations F18 Hornet Right Replica Panel | Thrustmaster Hotas Cougar FCC | Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder | SimShaker JetPad |

Software:

Windows 11m Home x64 ver.22H2| SteamVR | VoiceAttack | FPSvr | SimShaker for Aviators Beta ver. 2.6.1.0 |

2 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Ah, yeah, makes sense. Luckily the app doesn't "add" anything. It's just a launcher that ED should have made in the first place. One can still start DCS by the stock shortcuts.

OT
Any chance you'll be at "Copen", "Sweden" or "Tons" next year?
"Aces High" emoji869.png

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

thanks for that... I'm installing it now

are you using it to launch SSA, or do you have SSA set to start with Windows?

Erik

Edited by Ainuke

i9 11900K :: 32GB G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 :: Corsair water loop ::  Samsung 2TB 980pro nvme :: Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Waterblock :: Gigabyte Aorus Z590 Xtreme MoBo :: HP Reverb G2 VR

VKB Gunfighter flightstick and collective :: TM Warthog throttle & MFDs :: MFG Crosswind pedals :: 5 Dayton Audio bass shakers on 5.1 home theater amp

Win10 Pro x64 :: DCS 2.7 (Huey & P-51, mainly; have all the other rotors, but haven't explored their depths as yet)

Hello All,

Any word on where I can find the individual aircraft settings? I'd like to copy them so I don't have to go through setting up all the values again.

Thanks in advance,

Erik

i9 11900K :: 32GB G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 :: Corsair water loop ::  Samsung 2TB 980pro nvme :: Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Waterblock :: Gigabyte Aorus Z590 Xtreme MoBo :: HP Reverb G2 VR

VKB Gunfighter flightstick and collective :: TM Warthog throttle & MFDs :: MFG Crosswind pedals :: 5 Dayton Audio bass shakers on 5.1 home theater amp

Win10 Pro x64 :: DCS 2.7 (Huey & P-51, mainly; have all the other rotors, but haven't explored their depths as yet)

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Ainuke:

Hello All,

Any word on where I can find the individual aircraft settings? I'd like to copy them so I don't have to go through setting up all the values again.

Thanks in advance,

Erik

they are in the SSA app, and they will be created automatically when you get into the specific aircraft. that means, at first you have to fly a mission with SSA on, and then you get the profile automatically.

Edited by NWGJulian

sooo i just found out, that on the working motors, there is a 12V AC signal with about 120-150 Hz.

on the 3 broken motors, there is only a somewhere between 10-50 mV signal with 10-90 Hz.

all connections seems to be good.

sadly i cannot test the motors because i dont have a function generator at home.

otherwise there is nothing i can test anymore, the electronic board is out of my skills.

Edited by NWGJulian

35 minutes ago, NWGJulian said:

sooo i just found out, that on the working motors, there is a 12V AC signal with about 120-150 Hz.

on the 3 broken motors, there is only a somewhere between 10-50 mV signal with 10-90 Hz.

all connections seems to be good.

sadly i cannot test the motors because i dont have a function generator at home.

otherwise there is nothing i can test anymore, the electronic board is out of my skills.

Please email me, so I could help you. This a software support thread, not hardware.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 hours ago, NWGJulian said:

they are in the SSA app, and they will be created automatically when you get into the specific aircraft. that means, at first you have to fly a mission with SSA on, and then you get the profile automatically.

Thanks for the response.

I see nothing about aircraft in the SSA app on C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/SimShakerBeta. several .dll and .exe and a couple folders. /Data would seem to hold what I want, but no, nothing related to aircraft in that or its subs.

I want to copy/export the aircraft settings so I can reinstall SSA and not have to redo all of the effect values per plane.

Erik

On 11/4/2021 at 6:00 PM, Ainuke said:

Thanks for the response.

I see nothing about aircraft in the SSA app on C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/SimShakerBeta. several .dll and .exe and a couple folders. /Data would seem to hold what I want, but no, nothing related to aircraft in that or its subs.

I want to copy/export the aircraft settings so I can reinstall SSA and not have to redo all of the effect values per plane.

Erik

You can export the settings from the application.

7 hours ago, f4l0 said:

You can export the settings from the application.

Thanks for the response.

I'd ask where in the application I can do that from, except I can't (again) get SSABeta to launch without error. As soon as DCS launches, I get an unhandled exception error, "an attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions"

I thought I'd killed this by un/re-installing SSA, but now (the next day and a restart later), it's back. I can't find logs anywhere; where are they supposed to be?

Erik

48 minutes ago, Ainuke said:

Thanks for the response.

I'd ask where in the application I can do that from, except I can't (again) get SSABeta to launch without error. As soon as DCS launches, I get an unhandled exception error, "an attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions"

I thought I'd killed this by un/re-installing SSA, but now (the next day and a restart later), it's back. I can't find logs anywhere; where are they supposed to be?

Erik

Ok, I've found the export settings function under the File menu, now that I have the app running again. I *think* the reason for the socket error had to do with the Windows sound output dropdown was set to the SPDIF-out unintentionally, and SSA was trying to access it. I'll have to see if there's a way to hide that so I don't accidentally select it again...

Any plans to add a refuel effect for A-10C like F-16?

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

On 11/4/2021 at 10:08 AM, juimo said:

Hello everybody!

I have used JetPad nearly 1½ year. It is a amazing device! I can't fly (DCS, MSFS) without it. With JetPad sim flying experience is really immersive! I do recommend it everyone flight sim enthusiast! I did these two gaps to the seat (attached image) for even more comfortable flying🤗

20211104_115252.jpg

Thank You  =Andre=    !!

^juimo

Very much agree.  JetPad is brilliant!  Aircraft is dead without it.  I enjoy it very much with SimShaker Wings and SimShaker for Aviator software 🙂

Also makes great flight simulation with VR and with force feed-back joystick.  🙂

f4I0 and Andre are brilliant!

Happy landings,

Talisman

Edited by Talisman_VR
  • Thanks 1

Bell_UH-1 side.png

16 hours ago, Ainuke said:

Thanks for the response.

Erik

I have the same exact issue, and i cannot solve it. I tried to uninstall and reinstall but It didn't solve the problem.

It could be related to what is written here:

Solved - An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden | Blog (ardalis.com)

These are the results of the command on my RIG.

image.png

Edited by VirusAM

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

2 hours ago, VirusAM said:

I have the same exact issue, and i cannot solve it. I tried to uninstall and reinstall but It didn't solve the problem.

Solved - An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden | Blog (ardalis.com)

image.png

Maybe AV software blocks access to the port?

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 10/27/2021 at 1:06 AM, =Andre= said:

I guess, if you edit original SimShaker.lua located in SimShaker for Aviators\Data subfolder you will not have to do that every time.

I took your advice and yes it did work, in conjunction with sikjar's method. Thanks very much!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Setup: Vive Pro 2, RTX 3090, I7-11700K, VKB Gladiator II/K conversion, TWCS, TPR pedals, PlaySeat, SimShaker, VoiceAttack

21 hours ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

Any plans to add a refuel effect for A-10C like F-16?

Yeah I'll added it on my list...

14 hours ago, VirusAM said:

image.png

SSA uses these ports:

UDP 29375 for DCS
TCP 12842 for DCS

UDP 29377 to send data
UDP 29376 SSA -> JetSeat Handler
UDP 29380 SSA -> SoundModule

---

I released a new beta yesterday. I used a completely new build pipeline and thus feedback would be good if everything works on your side... I would like to release a new stable soon

I got some reports that the new beta deletes the your settings. Please make a backup and report, if it really deletes the files!

---

Update: I just released a new beta 2.2.10 which 'should' fix that issue. Before update, please take a backup of your settings either by export or screenshots!

Update can be downloaded at: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AldPAmClTeGqcPhSkJhHNXS4pRM <- Auto updater will not work in this case...

Edited by f4l0

Maybe AV software blocks access to the port?

This was not happening until some days ago. I tried disabling the windows firewall, but I will try also to disable the antivirus

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

1 minute ago, VirusAM said:

This was not happening until some days ago. I tried disabling the windows firewall, but I will try also to disable the antivirus

I got some reports that steam might block one of the ports ssa uses

Hi,

Im still struggling with my hornet having continuous vibrations after take off. Even if I disable all effects while in the air, the “wom wom wom wom” vibrations keep going.

I tried DCS export repair but the issue is still there, and I am using the latest (non beta) versions of SSA and SSSM. Any advice? 

12 hours ago, evilnate said:

Hi,

Im still struggling with my hornet having continuous vibrations after take off. Even if I disable all effects while in the air, the “wom wom wom wom” vibrations keep going.

I tried DCS export repair but the issue is still there, and I am using the latest (non beta) versions of SSA and SSSM. Any advice? 

Can you identify which effect is running crazy? You could check the logs to see what is going on... Does the effect stop if you pause DCS?

18 hours ago, f4l0 said:

Can you identify which effect is running crazy? You could check the logs to see what is going on... Does the effect stop if you pause DCS?

I have the game paused right now after taking off from a carrier. The vibrations are still persisting through the butt kicker (analog output), and here's what I see when I enable verbose logging in sound module. Seems like it's p1_12_0_1? Should also mention that the vibrations persist even when i'm back at the main menu.

Spoiler

17:0:6.24 Received: p1_12_0_1~0~0~0
17:0:10.305 Received: p1_12_0_1~1~100~-1
17:0:10.449 Received: p1_12_0_1~0~0~0
17:0:13.863 Received: p1_12_0_1~1~100~-1
17:0:14.2 Received: p1_12_0_1~0~0~0
17:0:17.561 Received: p1_12_0_1~1~100~-1
17:0:17.696 Received: p1_12_0_1~0~0~0
17:0:21.833 Received: p1_12_0_1~1~100~-1
17:0:21.975 Received: p1_12_0_1~0~0~0

image.png

Strength settings for the hornet

image.png

Thanks for helping me with this! I LOVE this mod for DCS.

Edited by evilnate

has anyone else updated past 2.28 open beta, i have tried 2.29 and 2.30 and both will not work with errors and says microsoft net.

Unistalled gone back to 2.28 and works fine! 

Also it would be good if there was somewhere with a changelog rather than when you just install it, have looked everywhere and cannot find one, or rather one that is not current.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat