Next subsonic cold war jet fighter suggestion (pick/suggest)

carss

Next subsonic cold war jet fighter suggestion (pick/suggest)  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Next subsonic cold war jet fighter suggestion (pick/suggest)

• FJ-3M Fury
    • F9F Panther/Cougar
    • Hawker Hunter
    • Dassault Mystere
    • Mig-17
    • HAL HF-24 Marut
    • Folland Gnat

How many of you guys have thought of considering the next subsonic fighter after the F-86 and Mig-15. It can be naval or air force. And it can be eastern bloc or western bloc as well, be it Russian, Chinese, Indian, French, British or even American.

There is a poll with a few options as to which might just be a good option. You can select your favorite as well as suggest one you would like.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

First of all a random poll is probably not a deciding factor.. second of all.. what are these choices? If you do make a poll, at least include app aircraft that could fill the role, not just some few that you like. This coud really just be said in any of the other whishlist threads

(not being mad or anything, just.. dunno)

As for what airplane i'd choose.. probably the Tunnan

Not really interested in more fighters of that vintage to be honest.

But I voted:

- F9F Panther/Cougar becasue of carrier plane + used in Korea

- MiG-17 because used in Vietnam, first russian jet with afterburner could be interesting.

That being said (again, just thinking aloud):

With a Korea map this could actually be fun, we have F-86, MiG-15, and hopefully soon Meteor and Vampire (I think that one was used as well, not sure), and a A-1 in the works by modders. A F9F would fit there well, plus it is a carrier plane for 1950s carrier operations.

But well, I think I'd still prefer modern stuff.

With a Korea map this could actually be fun, we have F-86, MiG-15, and hopefully soon Meteor and Vampire (I think that one was used as well, not sure), and a A-1 in the works by modders. A F9F would fit there well, plus it is a carrier plane for 1950s carrier operations.

But well, I think I'd still prefer modern stuff.

Haha, My point exactly, hopefully a Korean war map in the near future. And it'll make perfect sense since we already have both jets that fought then, and it'll also open scope for more subsonic straight wing or swept wing and possibly some mild carrier capable jets.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

It isn't. It goes Mach 1.2 at altitude IIRC

So not great supersonic speeds, just a bit. Almost subsonic. :D

I'd say it's kinda like a Mig-17 or F-100 where it just touches supersonic

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Cold War subsonic jets" is a rather broad term though, isn't it?

If you mean early jets, I'm personally not too interested in them, but would probably like to try out flying around in a Gnat may be. Though, arguably it isn't all that early either. There already are Vampire and Meteor on the way from VEAO, and they intent to do Hunter too eventually, and rumour has it that ED will eventually do Me-262, and finally Polychop may do Ho-229. So the most iconic ones are already in pipeline.

However, Cold War subsonic could include a lot other and more modern stuff too...

I'd like A-7, A-6, A-4 for example, and Razbam intents to do first two at some point, and a community mod is in works for the latter. Buccaneer, as unsightly as it looks, could be interesting to play around with as well, Super Etendard too.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Hawker Hunter for me,such an iconic,beautiful aircraft.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Not interested in another sub sonic fighter jet.

Same here. At least, one of this era.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How many of you guys have thought of considering the next subsonic fighter after the F-86 and Mig-15. It can be naval or air force. And it can be eastern bloc or western bloc as well, be it Russian, Chinese, Indian, French, British or even American.

There is a poll with a few options as to which might just be a good option. You can select your favorite as well as suggest one you would like.

well just for the sake of covering all bases. you should add the F-86H hawg sabre to the list. I remember reading an article how they used use national guard F86H's use it in excecsies as a aggressor to simulate the MIg17, agaisnt F105s, F100,s and F4s.

The most definitive version Mk6 was a more powerful than the Mig17, so it would take better piloting skills of the mig or Hawg sabre pilot to be able to deal with hunter.

i think its a tough choice. Love to see the Mig17F, just for nam scnearios, and it would be a "transonic" jet with early single stage afterburners. (Remember technically some of these fighters were transonic, not subsonic) though id also like to see the F9F2/5 panther for Korean war scenarios, allowing to have a carrier capable jet of that time period. the improved Swept Winged cougar is also intersting aircraft. Too late for Korea, but intended to make the gruman design competitive in an era of growing swept winged fighters.

Hunters beautiful too, and i recall that VEAO does plan to do it somewhere down the line. But id also like The F86H because , F86 variant from post korea, yet it was the most powerful fighter version of the SAbre that was actually serviced by the united state, and i think it deserves some limelight.

Anywho to each his own. different people like different eras, some dont like modenr aviation, some like ww2, some legacy 3rd generation, Or like me, I actually find all eras of aviation interesting in thier own way, just seeing the aircraft evolve. and i like how DCS has expanded into various eras.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD