***DCS: AJS-37 Coming to DCS: World!***

Cobra847

Yeah, Tomcat first guys. Development must be ready by now. One project at a time. This is too minimize the risk of delays too the consumers. NTTR map had a delay of a year. The tomcat should be ready for christmas. Please, push first the Tomcat out before you start the next project. :thumbup:

I might be missing some sarcasm here but the Viggen was always meant to be out before the Tomcat.

Im so sick of these retarded Tomcat comments, Leatherneck has been quite clear with the release plan of their confirmed modules. So stop asking for the tomcat and just go and buy the Viggen when it arrives so that Leatherneck can keep producing for the community.

Intel Core i7-8700 3,20GHz - EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 - 32Gb Ram - DCS on 500 GB SSD - Windows 10 - Thrusmaster Warthog - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - Track Ir 5 - Samsung Odyssey+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.virtualredarrows.com

Yeah, Tomcat first guys. Development must be ready by now. One project at a time. This is too minimize the risk of delays too the consumers. NTTR map had a delay of a year. The tomcat should be ready for christmas. Please, push first the Tomcat out before you start the next project. :thumbup:

As shaggy already said, the Viggen was always planned to be released before the Tomcat! And it's not just the Viggen. The F-4U Corsair is also supposed to come BEFORE the Tomcat. That's nothing new, it has been communicated like that for more than a year now. So please stop posting these bull**** Tomcat comments in the Viggen forum. If you wanna talk about the Tomcat, fine, but take it to the appropriate forum section. shaggy is right, it is indeed getting pretty annoying.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The Tomcat has been done for ages now bit there are still some copyright issues regarding the trailers, pilot models, music, voice actors and beach volleyball scene.

In the meanwile, enjoy the Viggen, it has a ground map radar!!!

Modules: too many

System: I7-7700K, GTX 2080 Super, 64GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, 3TB HDD.

The Tomcat has been done for ages now bit there are still some copyright issues regarding the trailers, pilot models, music, voice actors and beach volleyball scene.

In the meanwile, enjoy the Viggen, it has a ground map radar!!!

Allright! When????

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Allright! When????

The wait is almost over. Pre-sale can start any moment now and release should be pretty close as well (probably just a few weeks).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

The wait is almost over. Pre-sale can start any moment now and release should be pretty close as well (probably just a few weeks).

Great. It looks amazing. instant buy. Thank you.:thumbup:

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Great. It looks amazing. instant buy. Thank you.:thumbup:

It does indeed look amazing. Soon we will be able to fly this swedish beast :)

Tornado3 small.jpg

They currently aim to release the tomcat in mid/late 2017 according to the AMA they had on november 28.

They currently aim to release the tomcat in mid/late 2017 according to the AMA they had on november 28.

Tomcat can be discussed here: https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=395

You can even find the release date information there. Please keep this thread on topic which is the Viggen, not the Tomcat.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Tomcat can be discussed here: https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=395

You can even find the release date information there. Please keep this thread on topic which is the Viggen, not the Tomcat.

I dont know why u are so triggered by someone asking something about the tomcat in the wrong section? Im sure theres no ill intent. Sometimes not everything is in ze perfect order (german stereotype :thumbup: )

Edited by addde

TILS is not compatible with ILS.

TILS is a Ku-band (15-ish GHz IIRC) system with two sweeping antennae that transmit pulse coded signals to the aircraft, while ILS is a VHF/UHF (localizer = 108,1-111,95MHz, glide path = 329,15-335MHz) based system using CSB (Carrier and Side Bands; DSB in normal radio nomenclature) and SBO (Side Band Only; DSB-SC) signals to create space modulated AM waveforms that the aricraft detect (the aircraft receivers detect the difference in modulation depth (DDM) between the demodulated 90 and 150Hz LF tones, and generates fly right/left and up/down commands to the cockpit display).

Very simplified, you could imagine that the TILS transmitter transmits morse code dashes ("-") when the antenna is pointing in one direction (for instance below the nominal glide path angle), and dots (".") when the antenna is pointing above the glide path. This will give you fly up/down indications similar to what you get from the DDM detection in the ILS receiver. The same goes for the offset localizer portion of the system.

Edited by drPhibes
  • Like 1

TILS is not compatible with ILS.

TILS is a Ku-band (15-ish GHz IIRC) system with two sweeping antennae that transmit pulse coded signals to the aircraft, while ILS is a VHF/UHF (localizer = 108,1-111,95MHz, glide path = 329,15-335MHz) based system using CSB (Carrier and Side Bands; DSB in normal radio nomenclature) and SBO (Side Band Only; DSB-SC) signals to create space modulated AM waveforms that the aricraft detect (the aircraft receivers detect the difference in modulation depth between the demodulated 90 and 150Hz LF tones).

Very simplified, you could imagine that the TILS transmitter transmits morse code dashes ("-") when the antenna is pointing in one direction (for instance below the nominal glide path angle), and dots (".") when the antenna is pointing above the glide path. The same goes for the offset localizer portion of the system.

Thanks! :)

Yeah, I know. I apologize if I came off as rude.

The calm is difficult because us Viggen fans were expecting some system details over the weekend that didn't come. Also the tease of information that was supposed to be the "announcement week" kind of fizzled. It's just disappointing to make time to come here often and see nothing but Tomcat posts instead of wanted Viggen news and info. :cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I dont know why u are so triggered by someone asking something about the tomcat in the wrong section? Im sure theres no ill intent. Sometimes not everything is in ze perfect order (german stereotype :thumbup: )

The thing here is that those wishing more for the tomcat than the viggen (or simply "tomcat ftw, **** the rest"-crew) have been breastfeeded info of the release order for several months, basically everyone that follows LNS knows this, some accepts it, but some refuses to be mature about it.

The Viggen-crew have devotedly and humble been following and posting in the single AJS37-thread for almost 400 pages, minding our own business, and when we finally get the Viggen-subforum, many F14-fan gets triggered and just has to show their dissatisfaction for the whole existence of Viggen in THIS forum? time after time after time after time.

And i would most certainly accept this if they all where unaware of the fact, which is the point in some cases.

But when i see the same people in several parts of the forum, getting the same answer week after week ("sorry, but the tomcat is not ready, and will not be the next plane, come back in the beginning of next year for more nice tomcat-info"), and its getting obvious that they are ONLY HERE to spread negative posts of the Viggen, or LNS. Then, it's becoming annoying... Because, we, the viggen-fans, or NOT the ones to blame.

With that being said, i am too longing for the Tomcat, and i understand that it's easy to get biased when we get the Viggen before.

I dont know about you guys, am i completely off on this one?

• Like 1

The thing here is that those wishing more for the tomcat than the viggen (or simply "tomcat ftw, **** the rest"-crew) have been breastfeeded info of the release order for several months, basically everyone that follows LNS knows this, some accepts it, but some refuses to be mature about it.

The Viggen-crew have devotedly and humble been following and posting in the single AJS37-thread for almost 400 pages, minding our own business, and when we finally get the Viggen-subforum, many F14-fan gets triggered and just has to show their dissatisfaction for the whole existence of Viggen in THIS forum? time after time after time after time.

And i would most certainly accept this if they all where unaware of the fact, which is the point in some cases.

But when i see the same people in several parts of the forum, getting the same answer week after week ("sorry, but the tomcat is not ready, and will not be the next plane, come back in the beginning of next year for more nice tomcat-info"), and its getting obvious that they are ONLY HERE to spread negative posts of the Viggen, or LNS. Then, it's becoming annoying... Because, we, the viggen-fans, or NOT the ones to blame.

With that being said, i am too longing for the Tomcat, and i understand that it's easy to get biased when we get the Viggen before.

I dont know about you guys, am i completely off on this one?

No, you're right on. But I talked to addde per PM about this (I didn't want to derail the thread) to explain my reaction and actually he is on the same side as we are. We're all annoyed by these ignorant Tomcat comments, but lets not exaggerate this. Lets get back on topic: The Viggen :)

And I'm also eagerly waiting for the Tomcat btw, but the topic here is the Viggen. :pilotfly:

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'm guessing, since the Viggen vs Mig match will be this weekend, this week friday's patch should include the Viggen right?

Then we'll all have the viggen sitting in our DCS installation, unable to be played :(

No. The grudge match will be played with a special build of DCS that has the Viggen visual model, LN employees will be flying the Viggen from what I've heard.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

No. The grudge match will be played with a special build of DCS that has the Viggen visual model, LN employees will be flying the Viggen from what I've heard.

So all participants need to install a special DCS version that is given to them by ED? Sounds a bit odd. :huh:

Tornado3 small.jpg