Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

Focus in make "like the real" is not always good, because in games the actions happens in different way. E.g. real pilots don't need press buttons for "zoom FOV" or "center TrackIR".

The zooming and centering is necessary because we look at the virtual world through a monitor. Hopefully, in some near future, we can get rid of zooming and centering with advanced VR technology. And anyway, limitations of current visualization technology are not a reason why we should not try to achieve realism where technology does not limit us. And in this case it would have been easily possible. To me this is just a missed opportunity.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Don, I believe that's down to your local courier which takes over the delivery after it passes through your country's import office. I know some users reported not being available but the delivery was still made. Hope you get your hands on them soon!

I was able to get online yesterday evening and authorize re-delivery for hopefully today with the USPS, so hopefully will get them today.

I am enjoying the stick very much but am so ready to go with softer springs and softer center cams.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Ugh no cams today... maybe tomorrow.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I've got some great user photos to share with you guys; first up we've got a great example of some creative implementation of the VPC Desk Mount from one of our Russian users, really shows how versatile these mounts can be!

This is a direct mount to an Ikea chair with the TM 16000M:

TFtjECN.jpg

wd3ZPgO.jpg

Next up, Wasserfall has modified his MT-50 grip with RUS button labels and realistic button colour scheme - it looks great!

7ZDH1Vq.jpg

pnAiX9D.jpg

sq7FyBR.jpg

jXOQcQO.jpg

What does everyone think of the Russian button labels??

Edited by Cyph3r

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Russian labels are cool! Please implement them in your next revision! In the future I'll be buying a mongoose stick as well and I would love the labels on them even though I don't speak Russian. But I did fly the first dcs module of ka-50 in Russian! (Because that was the only version).

On another note, my cams arrived. Gonna do some heavy duty flying this weekend and see if all my problems will be sorted :)

The Russian labels look great and should be engraved on your sticks by default, IMHO :)

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

+1 Cyrillic labels look great, I would have selected the labels if it had been an option.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

I admit it looks great, but since I don´t read or understand Russian it makes no sense with labels in Russian other from the look of it. I would perifere an option between Russian or English :thumbup:

Intel I7 4770K, Evga 1080 FE, win10 64Pro, 32GB ram, TracIR 5, Hotas Warthog, MFD Cougar x2, MFG Crosswind

The buttons will have different uses for different aircraft. Therefore I prefer no labels at all.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

:thumbup:

Finally got my replacement cams today!

They definitely look better than what was shipped with my stick originally.

Will try tackling putting the soft center cams along with softer springs in tomorrow.

Don B

looking forward to your input dburne.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Well I am about 45 minutes into this, have the gimbal out and ready to do the actual surgery of replacing springs and cams, man this thing has a lot of screws lol.

Will see if I can actually do this and get everything back together properly. Right now my desk is a mess!

Don B

If i order the MongoosT 50, which base would you recommend, guys?

Could I keep it on the desk, same like Warthog, Saitek, etc?

I'm afraid i have not enough space to have it mount on the computer desk

Thank you

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

I seem to be having trouble getting the cam to properly seat over that notch, has a little angle to it, hope it will be ok...

Edit - worked with it a little more and got it to seat.

Edited by dburne

Don B

Pitch cam screw not budging and starting to strip out, ugh.

Don B

If i order the MongoosT 50, which base would you recommend, guys?

Could I keep it on the desk, same like Warthog, Saitek, etc?

The grip is too tall for comfortable use over desk. Rough equivalent to Warthog with 7~10 cm extension:

T-50x_TMW.jpg

Find a way to fit in front of your chair. :)

Edited by Sokol1_br

Well the pitch cam screw pretty much stripped now, no way is it coming out.

Looks like I am stuck with the installed harder center cam for pitch now on this stick all due to how one stinking screw was installed.

Pretty frustrating... guess I had no need for these replacement cams after all. They should really look at some maybe better quality screws for these cams. I am stuck with this one. Will see if I can get it all back together without any further issue. Not very happy though. Will be soft center on roll and harder center on pitch.

Edited by dburne

Don B

The grip is too tall for comfortable use over desk. Rough equivalent to Warthog with 7~10 cm extension:

T-50x_TMW.jpg

Find a way to fit in front of your chair. :)

And what's the price if i order it exactly like in the attached image ??

Thank you

1.jpg.6d3c77d50a023610b9e5aa524163fa16.jpg

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

I encourage anyone that decides to attempt a cam replacement to do so with extreme caution. I was determined to get this cam screw out and kept trying, it broke off and is now protruding through into the metal bracket, and the gimbal will no longer move at all period.

Appears my T-50 gimbal and therefore stick is now toast. Totally locked in place.

I should have just left that harder center cam in when that screw would not come out instead of being determined to get it out, which has now ruined my stick.

What a waste, very unhappy.

Don B

What do you mean, dburne ?

So, you wanted to replace the default cam ? If so, why ?

Thank you

What do you mean, dburne ?

So, you wanted to replace the default cam ? If so, why ?

Thank you

I did not like the harder center cam which came installed on mine by default, and the extra cams I got were defective so waited a few weeks until I get the replacement cams yesterday.

Tried to install the softer center cams ( 2 dot ) this morning. Roll cam replacement went fine. Pitch cam one screw came out ok, the other would not - locked in there like it was glued in or something and stripped. Thought I might could get a small drill bit started into the end of it, then reverse it and back it out. Screw went on through into the bracket behind it and broke off. Screw is protruding into that bracket and therefore gimbal will no longer move. With it broken off, don't see any way to get it at this point.

Yeah I know I probably should not have tried this, had done it with other screws that were stripped in the past successfully. These cam screws are not very good. So I have a locked up gimbal now that is no good to me.

Guess now I will just have to go back to my Warthog and wait for the MCG Pro grip for my Gunfighter Pro. The Mongoose is done. Lot of money down the drain for me.

Edited by dburne

Don B