Ryzen price politics

Damn...

They Ryzen 7 1700X and Ryzen 7 1700 prices in India are higher than the i7-6700k and 7700-k...

I was hoping it would be lesser or at least on par with Intel prices...

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's because pre-order costs more, wait a few weeks to stabilize once you find them on the shelves

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

It's because pre-order costs more, wait a few weeks to stabilize once you find them on the shelves

Nope... No Pre-ordering available in India...

They are the retail prices from 2nd March onwards

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

Ordered the R7 1700X. Been waiting for Team Red to make a comeback.

Which MoBo you planning with it?

Edited by Nash

I'm really interested in the 5 series with 6 cores and 12 threads to see how they compare against the Intel I5-7600k and even the I7-7700k.

Ok now just read that the 5 series is planned to be released later in Q2 as late as June.

However the Ryzen 7 1700 looks interesting for such a low TDP part. Tweaktown has reported that a OCUK member has overclocked on the Asus Crosshair VI board to over 4Ghz on all 8 physical cores fully stable. That is pretty darn impressive. One other interesting thing to note is that the overclocks were far more successful on this and one other board. Very early days I guess. I'm sure all will be revealed when the NDA is lifted 3rd March and there is a torrent of reviews online. Guess I will have to lock myself away for a week to digest all the findings before determining weather to wait for the 5 series with 6 cores (12 threads) or going the full hog 8 core (16 thread experience).

The VRM Array on that board is hands down better than the others, thats why.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

The VRM Array on that board is hands down better than the others, thats why.

Ok thanks SkateZilla. Interesting that with this board they did away with any display ports and instead it has another 4 USB3 ports. In total it has 14 USB ports on the rear I/O panel! It only has a single M.2 slot on the bottom of the board however. Before reviews come out this one is currently top of my list from a feature and aesthetics viewpoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

DisplayPORTs would only be used if there was embedded Display Engine in the Chipset or CPU.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Ok thanks SkateZilla. Interesting that with this board they did away with any display ports and instead it has another 4 USB3 ports. In total it has 14 USB ports on the rear I/O panel! It only has a single M.2 slot on the bottom of the board however. Before reviews come out this one is currently top of my list from a feature and aesthetics viewpoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it only has one M.2 slot because the ryzen CPUs only have 24 pci-e lanes, also they don't have built-in graphics like the intel chips do, so not much reason to have a hdmi/displayport connector...

socket 1151 has 20 pcie lanes...

Really if you want a lot of I/O you'll wanna get a socket 2011 CPU, they have up to 40 pcie lanes...

it looks like you might be confused as to what the VRM is... it's basically the powersupply for the CPU, it makes sure the CPU is getting a constant extremely clean power source, so the better the VRM, generally the more stable your cpu is.

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Larger, Better Components in the VRM allow Better Overclocking.

Cheaper And Smaller VRM Array's will overheat and blow out easily when overclocking.

As for M.2

The ASUS and ASRock Boards both have a M.2 PCIe3 and M.2 PCIe2 Slot.

I see the 8-core is up for preorder on newegg.

$330 for the 1700, and $400 for the 1700x.

I still do not understand why AMD is pushing these 8 core CPUs so hard when the benefit for most users ends at 4 cores.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

HUGE price drop on many Intel i7 CPU's happening across the globe :P

AMD Go Go Go !

For example: 7700k no goes for 299;- 5820k-6c goes for ~319

The top end CPU's tho remain at an utopic price...FOR NOW hehe

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I still do not understand why AMD is pushing these 8 core CPUs so hard when the benefit for most users ends at 4 cores.

Because AMD knows best.

6-8 cores is the future for multi-tasking and rendering. More is simply better and the majority of the market isn't people who 'just' game. Think about the market as a whole. The production industry in general always needs more computing power and the more cores gets the job done faster. Physics based rendering benchmarks of Intel 6-8 cores crush the benchmarks of any Intel 4-core. Quad cores are great for just dedicated gaming. Higher frequency, less power usage, less heat, but less strength. The moment you want to factor in more processes while gaming, you can expect performance degradation. Biggest performance hit nowadays is streaming which is still a growing hobby and a new market target as of 2013. HD (720+ high bitrate/medium encoding) streaming is a very stressful load in and of itself which really tanks quad cores and below. Most top streamers you see on Twitch now are running either a 6 or 8 core processor setup, or they are feeding video to a separate system dedicated to just rendering tasks.

Intel i9-13900K : ASUS TUF RTX 4080 : 32GB G.Skill RipjawsV 4000 : TM HOTAS Warthog : HP Reverb G2

The top end CPU's tho remain at an utopic price...FOR NOW hehe

Why the flagship extreme edition CPU of my socket (4960X) is $2,810 on Newegg currently is absolutely flipping beyond me...

As much as we all expect Intel to drop prices, I feel they might just keep the pricing of enthusiast processors as-is just for greed.

Intel i9-13900K : ASUS TUF RTX 4080 : 32GB G.Skill RipjawsV 4000 : TM HOTAS Warthog : HP Reverb G2

Because AMD knows best.

6-8 cores is the future for multi-tasking and rendering. More is simply better and the majority of the market isn't people who 'just' game. Think about the market as a whole. The production industry in general always needs more computing power and the more cores gets the job done faster.

I agree with that. Are those users the same as the early adopters though? I probably phrased my question poorly. For the sake of market share I would have expected the 6 and 4 core versions to be available sooner.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Something had to be first, they chose top end. It makes a lot sense tbh, AMD really needs to be the undisputed performance king for a bit just to get people to notice them. Targeting the very top with aggressive pricing certainly draws attention. Another reason is early adopters. They may only want a quad core, but will buy the 8 core simply because it's first. Thus more money for AMD.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

Something had to be first, they chose top end. It makes a lot sense tbh, AMD really needs to be the undisputed performance king for a bit just to get people to notice them. Targeting the very top with aggressive pricing certainly draws attention. Another reason is early adopters. They may only want a quad core, but will buy the 8 core simply because it's first. Thus more money for AMD.

AMD going top end depends on overclocking headroom, being able to beat a 7700K at stock speeds means nothing, as it pretty easily hits 4.9GHz and stays stable, even with super high end ram...

Where i see the ryzen cpus being useful is for the mainstream gamer that likes to stream to youtube or twitch while they play their not DCS games... DCS is mostly single-threaded, so if money isn't an issue best wait for the 7740K and see what that clocks to...

and this is a DCS forum, so everything I'd talk about is first and foremost with DCS context...

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD going top end depends on overclocking headroom, being able to beat a 7700K at stock speeds means nothing, as it pretty easily hits 4.9GHz and stays stable, even with super high end ram...

Where i see the ryzen cpus being useful is for the mainstream gamer that likes to stream to youtube or twitch while they play their not DCS games... DCS is mostly single-threaded, so if money isn't an issue best wait for the 7740K and see what that clocks to...

and this is a DCS forum, so everything I'd talk about is first and foremost with DCS context...

Yep, that has not yet been proven.

I honestly hope AMD will get very close, meet or exceed Intel's IPC performance, which is great if you use all the new options that we have now, AVX Offset, CPU Temperature Control Offset, etc. .

The thing is, AMD also has a few tricks up the sleeve that make OC a lot more comfortable and easy to deploy for "different" workloads. That is the new hype when overclocking, and has to be.

With prime95 28.10_b1 and it's utmost brutal AVX usage you will very likely not have a 7700k that will take the load at 5GHz or even more without delidding. I have done it and pulled the chord, I mean I stopped the test. It didnt fail but ran into the 100°C and just everything went red but it didnt fail. That aside, who needs that ? Handbrake, the realworld usage for most users is the only thing right now you will get in touch with AVX code aside from stress testing and benchmark apps. Handbrake instead, uses FAR LESS watts when doing a 1h full stress test, it is not even close to what prime AVX eats away. Numbers I havent noted but where somewhere 90W vs 130W.

Even more gentle as it doesnt use AVX is older prime95 26.60b3 ( and not later as it then uses AVX ).

Mind you, that overclocker Guru "der 8auer" who sells his stuff with Case King and Overclocker.co.uk shop sells his signed rigs tetsed with version 26.6b3 and does NOT apply AVX stress loads beyond certain GHz values as Watts and Temps are beyond what the real world dies can deliver, you just wont get it to 5.2 with Full AVX and just water cooling. That is reserved for other cooling sub zero and not of real 24/7 use I guess.

Back to topic, AMD announced their OC Suite and more leaked what and how those Ryzen dies can be clocked. It seems that also them differentiate between low load, medium load, full load for 1 or few core, same with many-to-all cores.and then AVX loads. The chip will likely adjust with clocks and cores on/off ( that would be COOOOL as hell !! ) to compensate for the powerdraw and/or heat. Whatever has priority and applies. More cores cooler or less cores bit those faster ( cool for DCS and such ). Say it could drive 4 cores to 4.4 and 4 Off while keeping HT on, that would be a cool feature. Presets would be nice, GAMES, MULTIMEDIA, DESKTOP etc.

I have meanwhile myself compromised to an AVX offset of 2, so AVX is done at 4.8 to not stress the die too much until I finally delid it. I will do it as it has proven 5G worthy and stable, 3866 as well but not again with primeAVX, any other one but not that. Also RealBench got excluded, as it failed all the time for GPU driver reasons. It's of no use if it fails due to conflicts and issues.

It holds any game I played at 5.1 3866 but for stress testing stability I would have to delid it first I guess, but the benchmarks run till 5.2 and those numbers are agressiv, AMD Ryzen has to deliver a lot to get close to a 7700k at 5 or beyond.

At 5.0 a 7700k pushes like this:

CineBench R15 clocks in at around 1100 MP and 220 SC / 5.02 factor

UBM says its an UFO with 120%CPU and 128%RAM

GeekBench 4.0.4 6435-SC 20119-MP

Passmark IPC 2900

Aida64 memory 52GB/sec 59GB/sec 52GB/sec 42.6ns

And now, this is available for 299,-€ and boards will eventually drop in price too as Intel lowered the Chipset price for board makers as well.

With a 5G 7700k and fast RAM you are on-par or just a little below a 6-core 5820k at stock settings and 2133 RAM in about all MP-benchmarks and way faster in IPC. The gain in speed pays for 2 of those cores in MP. That much more it can push at 5G, it can substitute a full 2 stock clocked cores of an 5820k and the fast RAM almost reaches the speed of Quad Channel at 2133.

Looking at the 5820k, that comes almost as a bargain now. The boards are still too expensive but it usually clocks to 4.4 on water and that is with all 6 full bore AVX. As it has a superior IHS it takes the punch aka power fed into it. At 4.4GHz you can safely fire up DCS as well and enjoy it.

I personally think the 1700 without the X will be the choice for most PC's. the 1700X and 1800X will be for the high end priced rigs only. They sell for more than a 7700k then.

One can pull his hair soon when making decisions, that I can say. The prices are competitive by now, the performance seems plenty on both...make your pick :P

I forgot to add:

Asus ROG OC Guide for Kaby Lake states all 7700k hit 5G, just some 20% with AVX and the other 80% have to lower AVX to like 49 or 46 or such. That is a bold statement.

So the above values are somewhat general world values as well, not only mine.

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I do hope the better competition from AMD at least makes prices better , along with larger leaps in technology for the cpu. Heck I am running an X-79 system with a 4820K at 4.5 GHz rock solid, and even today three years later from when I did this build, I don't see anything that would give me a big enough gain to justify the expense of a new system build.

I used to run AMD , both CPU and GFX several years ago and was a big fan. However after Intel's Core 2 Duo offering I switched back to Intel and have been with them ever since. I don't see that changing anytime soon. Hopefully though when I do build my next system, maybe next year, I will benefit dollar wise from the better competition from AMD.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

AMD Targeting Performance Tier First is the correct route, They've been lacking in that department for over 6 years.

You win back the Performance Market, you win back gamers and Performance Enthusiasts,

You Force Intel to Cut their MSRPs of their Chips, which affects their overall revenue stream.

Performance AMD Chips is what every has wanted for the last 6 years the APUs and Low Teir Chips already performed OK for what they were, even the Intel Faithful, because they are tired of Paying $1200+ for chips.

Dr. Su needs to be up for Nobel Prize for saving AMD, they where in a free fall just 6 years ago.

If I had the pocketmoney now ( getting another Baby we just found out ) I would get an Ryzen and make me a nice HomeServer out of it, put it next to my TV in M-ITX format, add a nice GPU and enjoy some games and stuff on my TV, have it on 24/7 as a fileserver as well.

A true 24/7 runner that save your a%§ ( 24/7 Backup, NAS, etc.. )

That 1700 would be enough....darn !