The Harrier official campaign thread

baltic_dragon

The Harrier official campaign thread  

686 members have voted

1. 1. The Harrier official campaign thread

• Both training and campaign in Caucasus
    • Training in Nevada and campaign in Caucasus
    • Both training and campaign in Nevada (so another Red Flag)

Hey folks,

I've talked to Prowler and decided to surface the idea, or rather a poll, here for you to help us decide where to place the campaign. As some of you probably know I will be doing first the training and then the normal, full - length campaign for the Harrier.

Now my idea is to do the training more in a form of a campaign than just standard training missions, which will be linked with the combat one that will follow some time after. This is a very early stage, as I don't want to start working on anything substantial until the plane is in an advanced and stable stage to avoid having to redo or upgrade things. Still, I'll let this poll run for several months to see what the general feeling is.

So, the question is simple - in which theatre would you prefer to have the training and the main campaign:

A) Both training and campaign in Caucasus

B) Training in Nevada and campaign in Caucasus

C) Both training and campaign in Nevada (so another Red Flag)

Also, if any of you is interested in helping with the campaign (mainly in the form of VOs, but I'd also welcome any experience and knowledge about the Harriers) please let me know here or via PM.

Appreciate the feedback!

BD

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, Baltic.

Great news you will be doing the campaigns. More than happy to help with VO and/or testing.

To allow for everybody (and not the happy Las Vegas crew) to enjoy your work (which btw adds to the product attractiveness) AND , as importantly, to allow carrier ops at SEA for our beloved MARINES aircraft, both campaign have to be in a free map with sea, ie Caucasus.

Best regards

• Like 1

Details:

Asus Z-170E, Intel i5-6600K @ 4.2GHz, 16GB RAM

MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G

Win 10 Home

carrier ops in black sea

training in nevada

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Since having the campaign on a pay-map is already on the table, may I offer another suggestion?

1989 (first year the AV-8B(NA) was operational), the Soviets are overrunning Europe. NATO forces are severely beaten and the Soviets are taking disastrous losses as well. Severely weakened, the Soviet 2nd strategic echelon barely occupies France. NATO launches a final counterattack with the last remaining reserves. The offensive is lead by the 1st Marine Division swung from the Pacific to the Atlantic, by making an amphibious landing at the beaches of Normandy.

Since having the campaign on a pay-map is already on the table, may I offer another suggestion?

1989 (first year the AV-8B(NA) was operational), the Soviets are overrunning Europe. NATO forces are severely beaten and the Soviets are taking disastrous losses as well. Severely weakened, the Soviet 2nd strategic echelon barely occupies France. NATO launches a final counterattack with the last remaining reserves. The offensive is lead by the 1st Marine Division swung from the Pacific to the Atlantic, by making an amphibious landing at the beaches of Normandy.

EPIC !!!

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

+1 For the Normandy idea. The map seems to be a perfect fit for the AV-8B. Providing CAS for Marines at the Normandy beachhead out of auxiliary airfields directly behind the front lines. Using the Harrier in a Cold War scenario it was originally envisioned for.

Your M2KC campaign is very high quality and well made , i just wished that the training and operation were separated into 2 campaigns

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So the consensus seems to be that no campaigns should ever be made for a map that is not free. Then what is the point of having other maps? By that logic, there should not be any campaigns for any aircraft that are not free because people would have to own the aircraft. :doh:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

It would make more sense to create training missions first of all for the free Caucasus terrain with carrier ops which everyone can access while the campaign/s would take place in any terrain.

In my opinion the main thing should be to create the training missions for Caucasus first of all. So that everyone can practise flying the aircraft without to purchase any other terrain.

It occurs to me that building a campaign of any kind for the Caucasus should be avoided until after v2.5 is out.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Nevada should be the natural place for US aircraft training campaigns. It is the best way to use this map. If nobody supports NTTR map with campaigns because many players don't own it, there will be no incentive for anybody to buy it. Looks like a vicious circle. Would be a waste of a very fine map.

I voted for training in Nevada with the campaign in Caucasus however, what about initial aircraft training in Nevada and then carrier training and campaign in the Black Sea? Wouldn't this mimic real life to a degree?

My rig - I5 6600k @ 4.5 - Corsair H100i GTX - Maximus Hero viii - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG edition DDR4 3200mhz - Gigabyte 1080ti (Overclocked) - TM Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Rudder pedals - Oculus Rift CV1

This.

Lord of Salt

Nevada should be the natural place for US aircraft training campaigns. If nobody supports NTTR map with campaigns because many players don't own it, there will be no incentive for anybody to buy it.

I also would like to have more stuff for Nevada now except for the Caucasus map which will get an overhaul in the future. Also there are only two campaigns available for the NTTR made by ED.

I'd like to have more campaigns for Nevada as well especially if it's possible to fly them with US or western build aircraft. However with the AV-8B's carrier capabilities I would rather like it more to fly it over any sea map.

So Caucasus would be ideal for a campaign now as well as training missions. Normandy maybe too once it is possible.

Edited by Texac

Nevada only as we should be able to do a lot more with the AV8B once the Strait of Hormuz is released. Am hoping that is on track for later this year after 2.5 released. We do need to move forward and for those that don't have Nevada yet, it is stunning.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

I'd like to have more campaigns for Nevada as well especially if it's possible to fly them with US or western build aircraft. However with the AV-8B's carrier capabilities I would rather like it more to fly it over any sea map.

So far we have no carrier for Harriers. When it comes it will probably be many months after the Harrier was released and a separate DLC. Thus they can bundle it with an own small (training) campaign.

So far we have no carrier for Harriers. When it comes it will probably be many months after the Harrier was released and a separate DLC. Thus they can bundle it with an own small (training) campaign.

After the M-2000C arrived in DCS it took many months to develop and release a campaign for the Mirage.

I don't know how long it will take to build the campaign. It might take many months as well so that they can start off with an older carrier model which will then be replaced with the new one that fits to the Harrier. Only if that is possible for baltic_dragon.

Hey MBot, I really like this idea. I don't think it would be possible as an initial campaign, but that certainly is a good option for a later - date DLc once the map is done and stable. It migh also be a good incentive for those who only fly modern jets to buy the map. So thanks for the suggestion, I will return to it!

Your M2KC campaign is very high quality and well made , i just wished that the training and operation were separated into 2 campaigns

Thanks! And I think it will, training campaign (campaign mind you, so with a storyline, characters, other pilots etc) first and then the normal, full - fledged campaign later on.

It would make more sense to create training missions first of all for the free Caucasus terrain with carrier ops which everyone can access while the campaign/s would take place in any terrain.

In my opinion the main thing should be to create the training missions for Caucasus first of all. So that everyone can practise flying the aircraft without to purchase any other terrain.

See above, training missions will come first. Would not be possible to develop everything at the same time, as campaign building is a very, very time consuming process.

It occurs to me that building a campaign of any kind for the Caucasus should be avoided until after v2.5 is out.

I won't start working on it (not counting the general idea, character development etc) until the module is in a state similar to M-2000C now. I don't want to repeat the same scenario as with Mirage, where I worked on the campaign as the plane was being built and I missed out some of the features and opportunities it offered. But I will catch up on those in Nevada Red Flag ;)

That remains to be seen. It is quite possible that carrier will arrive just in time to be included in the campaign. Too early to know.

Thanks for all the feedback!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png