Normandy Early Access Discussion

SkateZilla

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No they dont, units are still pretty heavy WIP.

That should make them easier to shoot down then. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

It's really very cool and a refreshing change, wish I had more mission builder skills though.

My want to do essay far exceeds my skills sticky note :)

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Is the Spitfire supposed to work in this?

My controls seem to be way out of whack, pull back on elevator and it goes up then snaps back to neutral. Same with the roll axis.

I do not see any instant action or missions available for the two default aircraft...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• ED Team
Some of the screens from Nirvi shows heavy damage to the city buildings. Is this the result of bombing- or some form of setting/option/trigger?

Done in the editor :)

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

My controls seem to be way out of whack, pull back on elevator and it goes up then snaps back to neutral. Same with the roll axis.

I do not see any instant action or missions available for the two default aircraft...

Did not try the spit, will try tonight, but you need to use the mission editor, im guessing instant action missions just aren't done yet.

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

• ED Team

DId you import your controls or did you set them manually?

Its probably too early for instant action missions right now. Remember, this is an EARLY preview...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

DId you import your controls or did you set them manually?

Its probably too early for instant action missions right now. Remember, this is an EARLY preview...

No, I set them manually.

Will have a look around in the editor, not much familiar with it.

Thanks,

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Sorry if I am stating the obvious but it sounds like you might have more than one axis assigned to your elevator control. I found that with a brand new install DCS will auto assign axis and a lot of time they are doubled up.

EDIT: Oops it appears I did just state the obvious and a bit late I might add.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."

Dogs of War Dedicated WWII Server Thread

Here is the email ED sent us 140+ $ backers. I unfortunately don't have DCS installed atm due to a heck of a busy time in RL, but when I look in this thread I'm happy that I backed Ilya and the Normandy map in the Kickstarter phase. Look what it has become!

---------

Dear Kickstarter Backers,

Honoring our commitment to the DCS: World War II Kickstarter backers that contributed $140.00 or more, we are happy to provide you an Alpha look at the DCS: Normandy 1944 Map! The Alpha is a fully, separate build that will function only until the Normandy Map is available for download as an Early Access to all. Once the Early Access version is released, you will be provided new keys, and the map will be integrated into DCS World 2.1 (the Nevada and Normandy maps will share a common version).

The build is available here: [link]

To gain access, please first generate a key from within WWII Backer Rewards section of our website. Then, use this key when prompted the first time you play the Normandy map. You should then be happily flying over the skies of Normandy!

As an Alpha release, please understand that the map is still under construction, and performance optimization is on-going. We do though look forward to your feedback to make the map the best it can be.

We sincerely hope you enjoy this early look at the Normandy map,

The Eagle Dynamics team.

-----------

Ok so we can scratch my issue. I went back in and lo and behold, had multiple axis assignments. Augh, I knew I had cleared those out don't know what the heck I did - but - I cleared them all out and set up controls again.

Loaded up the Instant Action takeoff mission for the Spit, and off I went!

It is gorgeous gang!! Wow Normandy looks so good flying down low over it in VR, breathtaking!

I had a blast just buzzing around it and then greasing a nice landing in.

Great job on this!!

Finally, after all this time from the early Kickstarter days, it is here! Woohoo!

Thanks so much for giving us this Early Access opportunity for our contributions!

Don B

When I click on the Normandy Early Access icon on my desktop I get prompted for my login details - does anyone get this? I enter in my usual account details and I get a 403 forbidden error so can't progress with the installation.

When I click on the Normandy Early Access icon on my desktop I get prompted for my login details - does anyone get this? I enter in my usual account details and I get a 403 forbidden error so can't progress with the installation.

You are using your E-shop account and not the forum account, correct?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You are using your E-shop account and not the forum account, correct?

The e-shop account - yes, correct.

I've gotten hold of support and they are assisting (10min to respond to the ticket which was impressive).

Thanks for the reply CF

%5B/img%5D

%5B/img%5D

[/img]

While I love these night shots, I have an objection:

There should be no lights in the windows on a WW II map.

During WW II there was heavy curfew and having the tiniest light escape from the windows was a punishable offence.

All should be totally dark.

I hope it is a switchable option in the Mission Editor, or is planned to be?

Edited by NineLine

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use