Normandy Early Access Discussion

SkateZilla

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How stable is everyone finding the Normandy alpha release?

Is anyone having any major problems?

I just wanted to check on this before I commit to a major download with Australia's blindingly slow download speeds.

Or would it be better to wait a couple more weeks for the release version?

Cheers, Scream.

Ive been very impressed. I have had an issue where it crashes when exiting a mission, but only in VR and im suspecting something driver-wise because the crashing dll is an nvidia one. Outside of that, I've had maybe 2 bugs occur in 4 days of use, both resolved by restarting. I've also reported all my problems that I've had so most likely they will be fixed soon.

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

Ive been very impressed. I have had an issue where it crashes when exiting a mission, but only in VR and im suspecting something driver-wise because the crashing dll is an nvidia one. Outside of that, I've had maybe 2 bugs occur in 4 days of use, both resolved by restarting. I've also reported all my problems that I've had so most likely they will be fixed soon.

How are things running in VR? Are the visual improvements (lighting, etc) also quite noticeable with VR?

-Nick

How stable is everyone finding the Normandy alpha release?

Is anyone having any major problems?

I just wanted to check on this before I commit to a major download with Australia's blindingly slow download speeds.

Or would it be better to wait a couple more weeks for the release version?

Cheers, Scream.

No problems here. There are some small issues with the new lightning, but I had no crashes or major bugs yet.

Barrage balloons ? Are they present ?

Brgds maks

Not yet.

How are things running in VR? Are the visual improvements (lighting, etc) also quite noticeable with VR?

-Nick

Oh ya, VR is absolutely beautiful, framerates are better, spotting targets seems to be easier. Overall VR is amazing.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

What are your machine specs? MOBO/CPU/RAM/GPU? And Rift or Vive?

CPU: Intel i7-6700K @ 4.5Ghz

Memory: 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB

Motherboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z170 S

GPU: Gigabit 1080 GTX

HMD: Oculus CV1

HDD: OCZ TRION 480GB

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog (12cm extension)

RUDDER PEDALS: MFG Crosswinds

• Like 1

CPU: Intel i7-6700K @ 4.5Ghz

Memory: 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB

Motherboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z170 S

GPU: Gigabit 1080 GTX

HMD: Oculus CV1

HDD: OCZ TRION 480GB

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog (12cm extension)

RUDDER PEDALS: MFG Crosswinds

Thanks!

I forgot to ask until now: any experience with the new damage model for the Spitfire, or other fighters?

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

• ED Team
I forgot to ask until now: any experience with the new damage model for the Spitfire, or other fighters?

Still W.I.P

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Still W.I.P

Does that mean the closed alpha testers haven't seen it yet?

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

The damage model is a seperate project and not linked to the Normandy map itself. They have state that it is underway- and that is all we know. They have never said that it will be released with the Normandy map. Await seperate news on this as the have something more solid.

Hi Vander,

Great to hear that you intend to do some missions again. I really enjoyed your RoF missions!

I tried to make some shots of the objects around an airfield, hopefully this gives an idea:

Thanks a lot, those are some nice screenshots! :thumbup:

It would help if you could go into the mission editor and see which of the objects can be placed (under static objects), but I hope I can find that out soon by myself! :)

Can someone print screen a cockpit of the F-5E in Normandy? I want to see how you got the new lighting. Thank you!

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Can some shed some light on how this marked area looks in the map?

H5SMOPZ.jpg

I am fully aware that this area is not "developed" with cities and roads etc and that is is low detail. I am just wondering if it has some fields or forests or if it is just a green blanket.

I want to make a campaign of a Spitfire pilot before the invasion, so I'd like to know if the area is viable to fly over for planning purposes.

Screenshots apprieciated off course:)

%5B/img%5D

%5B/img%5D

%5B/img%5D

Simply perfect! Thank you!

:thumbup:

Edited by NineLine
removed quoted images

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Can some shed some light on how this marked area looks in the map?

I am fully aware that this area is not "developed" with cities and roads etc and that is is low detail. I am just wondering if it has some fields or forests or if it is just a green blanket.

I want to make a campaign of a Spitfire pilot before the invasion, so I'd like to know if the area is viable to fly over for planning purposes.

Screenshots apprieciated off course:)

It's ugly. Here's the edge of the detailed map.

Screen_170430_220637-1.jpg

• Like 1

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Thanks a lot, those are some nice screenshots! :thumbup:

It would help if you could go into the mission editor and see which of the objects can be placed (under static objects), but I hope I can find that out soon by myself! :)

I have checked the static objects, but for now the only things wwii related objects seem to be the ground vehicles (part of the assets pack maybe?).

The structures that I can choose from look too modern to me (but I don't have much experience with the editor, let alone the objects).

I cannot find the ones that I showed in my pictures.

All WiP, I'd say :)

I have checked the static objects, but for now the only things wwii related objects seem to be the ground vehicles (part of the assets pack maybe?).

The structures that I can choose from look too modern to me (but I don't have much experience with the editor, let alone the objects).

I cannot find the ones that I showed in my pictures.

All WiP, I'd say :)

Thanks for the effort! Hope this changes or we can't have any (static) ground target objectives! :)

It's ugly. Here's the edge of the detailed map.

Screen_170430_220637-1.jpg

Album is private, not working pic.

Anyway, pitty it's uggly though I would like to see myself to decide how ugly it is, or not.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice