F-105 Thunderchief

The_Pharoah

They'd need to get data to model AIM-120 capability, as they only have/had access to the 1998 and 2002 TACMAN which is well out of date.

what do you mean.... The Aim120 is already present in DCS. in various other platforms and the radar fitted into that harrier is basically from older surplus former F/A18 Hornet radar , the AN/APG 65s that were available after the AN/APG 73 replaced them.

In eseense they dont need a newer Harrier manuals. they can fill in the blanks with regards to radar buy relying on Hornet documentation for the AN/APG65.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

what do you mean.... The Aim120 is already present in DCS. in various other platforms and the radar fitted into that harrier is basically from older surplus former F/A18 Hornet radar , the AN/APG 65s that were available after the AN/APG 73 replaced them.

In eseense they dont need a newer Harrier manuals. they can fill in the blanks with regards to radar buy relying on Hornet documentation for the AN/APG65.

I think they may get the basics right, but some of the other details and nuances may be incorrect or left out completely. The Hornet air-to-air radar display made use of the 'dugout' for instance, is this available for AMRAAM capable AV-8B's?

I would just like to make it known that I love that a thread for the BEST AND COOLEST AIRCRAFT EVER EMPLOYED IN A WAR is so active in this subforum

d9u33wu-f6d57bcd-3f6a-416b-95cb-313f91f64015.png

I hope and pray that Razbam think about this thing every single night before bed and what joyous prospects it has for DCS

• Like 1

I would surely buy the F-105G, but I wouldn't fly it very often. I would much prefer one of the F-105D blocks that served in Vietnam, the earlier the better. I enjoy historical missions from 1965-1967 over North Vietnam. To date, the Wings Over Vietnam/Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam series is the only worthwhile sim for recreating Rolling Thunder. I would love it if DCS World had the maps and assets to surpass WoV/SF2, especially if it could be delivered in my lifetime.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unless your 95 years old...I suspect you will see it

I will be 51 years old in February. Assuming I will live to be 75 to 85 years old, I am not sure that I will ever see DCS World: Vietnam.

1. Other than MS FS, X-Plane, and Flight Gear, no flight sim has lasted for decades.

2. Not one major Vietnam era aircraft presently exists in DCS World.

3. The time it would take to create a useful Vietnam environment, complete with flyables for both sides at the present pace of development could exceed 20 years.

First, there needs to be a terrain covering form Thailand to Hanoi for the USAF side of the war, though the map could be much smaller if it was just from Yankee Station to Hanoi. Preferably, the map would cover from Thailand to Yankee Station allowing both USAF and USN operations over North Vietnam.

Second, the map would need all the appropriate ground objects for North Vietnam and preferably Thailand for the 1965-67 time frame, better yet to cover all the way to the fall of Saigon in 1975.

Third, the initial red flyables would need to be the MiG-17F and/or MiG-21F with numerous versions of the MiG-21 all the way up to the MiG-21MF being optional and the Chinese version of the MiG-19S being a nice to have option (readily within RAZBAM's grasp!).

Fourth, the initial blue flyables would need to be the F-105D and/or F-4C for the USAF and/or the F-4B for the USN. Optionally, it would be nice to have the F-100D, A-4, and A-1.

Given the upcoming late F-4E and existing MiG-21bis, it might be easier to start in 1972. But the effort required to make downgraded F-4E and MiG-21MF variants wouldn't be too much less than creating new aircraft from scratch. This is where RAZBAM's MiG-19 adapted to the Chinese knockoff would have a great fit, though. The overwhelming similarity between the F-4B and F-4C might still favor the Rolling Thunder time frame, which is a great time for the F-105D as well.

I would be really surprised if DCS World was able to implement Vietnam in my lifetime given the tasks already on their plate.

Given the incredibly long development times for DCS modules, I will take what I can get. If RAZBAM delivers an F-105G, so be it. But I would still much prefer the F-105D blocks that served 1965-1967.

Edited by streakeagle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Would buy the F-105 in a blink of an eye.....great aircraft.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Would buy the F-105 in a blink of an eye.....great aircraft.

Indeed. Would love to fly century series fighter in DCS -- and F-105 would be THE century series fighter for me.

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer

• 5 weeks later...
Indeed. Would love to fly century series fighter in DCS -- and F-105 would be THE century series fighter for me.

Greetings, first time on the forums.

I would jump out of my socks to see an F-105D (yes the D model) in DCS World! You can't have Vietnam without the F-105! It is by far the meanest machine you will ever fly, not to mention speeds exceeding 800 knots on the deck!

I am really excited about ALL the aircraft coming to DCS and I must say we are really lucky to have such great modules and maps from ED and all parties involved. You all make us dream!

Having said that, the F-105 is the aircraft I want to see the most in DCS World. Judging by how large the Persian Gulf might eventually be, I would say it would possible to see eastern Thailand, North Vietnam, South Vietnam and maybe parts of China north of Haiphong ( maybe at least one airbase in China).

Keep the dream alive,

Regards,

Hammer_251

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/15/2017 at 5:15 AM, iLOVEwindmills said:

Yeah by the looks of it there is just more options, no capabilities were removed compared to the F or D. Though I guess you're still dealing with the extra weight.

the first Weasel version was the F, the G was basically an F with improved EW gear. My dad trained some in the F but was switched to the EB-66

On 5/14/2017 at 11:39 PM, Prowler111 said:

Guys...this is way overboard...the F-105G is not scheduled yet..it's a picture i posted of a future project, please reffer to our roadmap for info

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Is this part of the 1960's asset pack? I question the chances of actually geting a weasel and I'm not sure if there is enough information about the Thud to get a proper D in DCS. If this is a flyable module, I'm going to buy day 1. 

On 5/16/2017 at 9:52 AM, some1 said:

There are no Vietnam era aircraft in DCS. These are later variants that did not participate in the conflict. Trying to use what we currently have to depict Vietnam War would be like recreating Battle of Britain with Bf-109K and Spit Mk IX.

The next question, is how hard would it be to convert the existing modules into the Vietnam war era variants? 

On 5/17/2017 at 11:33 AM, dimitrischal said:

Exactly, besides it's ridiculous expecting ppl to pay full retail for each separate version of the same type. It'll have to do.

That's the reason I have suggested discounts when you buy different variants. 

1 hour ago, upyr1 said:

The next question, is how hard would it be to convert the existing modules into the Vietnam war era variants? 

In most cases too hard to justify doing it for free, and too easy to justify selling them as a separate product. 

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

19 minutes ago, some1 said:

In most cases too hard to justify doing it for free, and too easy to justify selling them as a separate product. 

That's the reason for the idea of variant pricing. It will give developers a third option a discount if you buy both variants depending on the amount of work. 

On 1/15/2021 at 6:10 AM, jojyrocks said:

ED did say they've got no plans for Vietnam map and its not on the roadmap for them. Maybe some 3rd party devs could make it a reality...

They also said they had no plans for the Phantom II. I don't think we'll see Vietnam until the graphics overhaul is done. All the trees will make your cpu melt. I would expect some sort of Fulda gap cold war gone hot map and period assets first. Razbam is working on a 1960s asset pack I expect the Thud will be ai. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Dragon1-1 said:

No, they said it'll be made by a 3rd party. Which it will be, HB is doing the Phantom, not ED.

Here is a brief history of what ED has said about the Phantom

1. They had no plans for a Phantom II
  2. We may or may not be getting it but they hope to do F-4 everything.
  3. Someone was working on it but not ED.
  4. HB is working on the Phantom II.

So unless we can't assume no one is working on it just because no one has confirmed it officially. 

On 2/24/2022 at 4:41 PM, upyr1 said:

Here is a brief history of what ED has said about the Phantom

1. They had no plans for a Phantom II
  2. We may or may not be getting it but they hope to do F-4 everything.
  3. Someone was working on it but not ED.
  4. HB is working on the Phantom II.

So unless we can't assume no one is working on it just because no one has confirmed it officially. 

You forgot the part in which Belsimtek was actually working on a Phantom and it was meant to be the next module after their last one which I'm not sure now which one it was (Mi-8? perhaps?).

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

3 hours ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

You forgot the part in which Belsimtek was actually working on a Phantom and it was meant to be the next module after their last one which I'm not sure now which one it was (Mi-8? perhaps?).

Then Belsimtek became part of Eagle , work stopped for some reason and Eagle started insisting they weren't working on the F-4 Phantom II. However my statement of don't assume anything still holds true. I just wish that Razbam would put more efffort in the Flogger right now instead of the Eagle since it could be released sooner. 

I was just mentioning it because your sentence, "brief history of what ED has said about the Phantom", they said either about the Belsimtek development, but nothing is written in stone and plans may change which is what happened in the end. Only that.

About your wishes of MiG-23 and F-15 switching positions despite F-15 being obviously a thousand miles ahead of 23 development state, well I would like to see the MiG-23 ASAP either but you aren't being realistic here. I don't think that would ever happen not to mention Razbam always say every project is managed by a different team so stopping one of them wouldn't change the other one current state over night. F-15E is probably close to an about end of 2022 release date, MiG-23 is close to another 3D render picture release.

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice