Why Christen Eagle II?

Dolphin887

The funny thing is, DCS by itself does not mean that FM is great... it is up to developer's competence. Remember Hawk? So getting all wet because of an aerobatic plane in the DCS is naive. M3 cannot even finish Mig21 FM, yet you are so sure this will be the best ever aerobatic plane? I hope you are right ;)

The Hawk had a Simple Flight Model for a long time, the same as the c101. It has an External Flight model now so behaves very differently (edge of stall etc). It is also off topic and by a different developer :)

In their FAQ this is demonstrator for their FM

"Our primary goal with the Eagle was to create a groundbreaking prop-engine flight model to be used for our WW2 aircraft."

The FM is how the module should be judged and I'm guessing it'll be top notch as that's the point! :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

No, I bought MiG-21 to enjoy MiG-21. I do not need to buy another plane to enjoy my "old" plane without bugs, THREE YEARS AFTER RELEASE. :mad:

Exactly :thumbup:

• Like 1

PC spec: i9 9900KS @ 5.1ghz, 32GB RAM, 2 TB NVME M2, RTX 3090

Peripherals: TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, Rift S, Custom UFC

Considering that we already have AI civilian traffic - with its own civilian slider in the options menu none the less - I really do find the behaviour of some babies on this forum appalling.

There are already servers dedicated to NON combat so if you don’t frequent those servers why get tetchy and so hung up on DCS being ‘combat’ only? Bearing in mind this is M3’s and not (as far as I know) ED’s vision to have every aviation type in DCS.

Admittedly I’m not really a massive fan of what M3 are releasing but I see zero reason why people should be pretty bad mannered about M3’s choice either. Don’t like it, don’t buy it, it’s really that simple.

Anyways as M3 say it was an aircraft they used for testing future WW2 aircraft so either way it’s not as if they will lose manpower or money building new airframes because of the CE2 in fact they can only make money whether that will be a lot or a little is probably irrelevant as it may never have been their intention to sell it as a module anyways. Therefore profit will be gained on top of experience of module building and coding etc. Win-win for M3

• Like 1

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

why get tetchy and so hung up on DCS being ‘combat’ only?

Because it's in the name. Might wanna give it a read. :music_whistling:

"Digital Combat Simulator World (DCS World) is a free-to-play digital battlefield game. Our dream is to offer the most authentic and realistic simulation of military aircraft, tanks and ships possible"

It knows it’s in the bloody name hence why I even wrote it!! You’ll be one of those babies then. Lol

• Like 1

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

No, I bought MiG-21 to enjoy MiG-21. I do not need to buy another plane to enjoy my "old" plane without bugs, THREE YEARS AFTER RELEASE. :mad:

You missed the point. If there is no MM3, there is no Mig-21 support. Watch carefully at the 3rd parties collapsing and reforming and ask yourself if the Mig-21 would be supported better with a profitable company behind it that was growing, developing new modules and putting effort into complex FM production, or no company whatsoever. You can read all about that in MM3 statements they made after their split. This new module will help the Mig-21 because they can put revenue into other things like sustained support, research and development and new module work. Simply parting with a three year old module, less staff and hoping new sales of an old product will keep your dinner paid is about as stupid as imagining they could sit down and conjure up a 3rd or fourth gen Russian fighter from nowhere in a year. Have some common sense and a wider understanding of the effort that goes into producing even the simplest of modules for DCS, it will help your expectations be reasonable. As it is, like it or not, reality is hard work (for some).

• Like 1

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

It knows it’s in the bloody name hence why I even wrote it!! You’ll be one of those babies then. Lol

Resorting to name calling, huh? Pathetic.

Shows how thought out your argument is.

You missed the point. If there is no MM3, there is no Mig-21 support.

If there is no contractual obligations for countinued support, then whole DCS 3rd party system is doomed.

Edited by Silvern

The truth is that civil planes can do more good than bad in DCS even I sometimes join aerobatic servers just for fun and i very like it. I could even buy this module, but only if ED was dealing with the flight model.

Since the flight model is so difficult to do, maybe ED could take care of it during product development and leave simple things like 3d modeling to Third Party?

I guess some people here do not understand why we are disappointed, these people probably do not have the mig-21 module or they only fly straight ahead without any maneuvers.

Wish you the best but I would rather have another version of the Mig 21(Cheap to develop having the BIS) than a Non-military aircraft.

Anyway, I think people should vote with the wallet. If we really want to have military aircraft, buy the 21.

I am not in the train of supporting buying a biplane, it can do more harm than good, this is business after all. There will be more

They changed my Mig to a biplane,

who would not complain.

Although now I out-turn F5 Grumman,

they have not installed a machine gun.

Many new modules were laid down,

while we need a bomber to shot down.

I am sorry that I complain.

Just gotta say why not?

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Maybe it was a bad move saying M3 were putting the Mig-21 on the "Backburner"

M3 Should have just dropped the eagle on its release day and surprise us all would have been a subtle way of doing it.

That way less backlash or disappointed hype also.

- Quite why anyone who isn't interested feels the need to voice negative thoughts does make me wonder.

Because egos speak louder than sense - and flight simmers have some of the biggest around ;)

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

I'm not going to stomp M3's/LN's guts out because of their passion. I get it, DCS is an amazing platform. But teasing the community over something that frankly didn't warrant the teasing was not a good plan. You didn't see this level of vitriol over the very understated Yak-52 announcement.

I wish you guys luck.

I agree with that....Ed announced the yak-52 and there were not so bad comments but they didn't try to hype in this way...

The plane could also be fun to fly also if I won't buy.. because I don't buy non combat modules but that week full of hype is not been a good thing in my opinion, if they have announced without all this game probably there should have been much less complains by the community.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Certainly, it was not a much great promoting / introducing the Eagle in the way, they have done that but much more then that I very much dislike all the (continuing) bashing in this forum (they know it in the meantime!).

Edited by wavn

Best regards, Willem

Float this back to the surface. A big reason people are mad at M3.

A-10C Noob - Watch out, I may happen to fly my hog into your car!

Win 7x64 - Core-i7 4770k, 16GB Ram, Titan X, Obutto Cockpit with 3x 27" screens.

Ok, that's 18 pages of bashing now, they got the message, I guess. Just took a nice cold shower. All's washed down. It helps. Move on.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

It won't be on top of my 'instant buy' list, but on the other hand I may end up buying it anyway like I probably will the yak-52.

But that hype though. Maaaaan was I pumped up. Then deflated little by little >.> And then just popped. What a teaseweek.

who would not complain.

Although now I out-turn F5 Grumman,

they have not installed a machine gun.

Many new modules were laid down,

while we need a bomber to shot down.

I am sorry that I complain.

What do you mean they changed your mig to biplane? They weren't working on any new mig, so what did they change??

ED is introducing Yak-52 themselves for example, and that biplane is confirmed by ED. It shows that ED is interested in it. I don't understand why people complain about 3rd devs doing modules they like? ED has migs locked under anyway, mig-23, mig-27, mig-25, mig-29 and etc. So you want them to make something they can't do?

Looking forward to some videos from aerobatic teams and also from mock dogfights with 51/109/190/Spit, should be quite interesting :D

Yes this is going to be hilarious. Good luck trying to out turn this puppy.

With its ridiculous agility it could prove to be one of the best VR experiences in DCS.

Rig: i7-6850K, Sapphire 6900XT, 32GB RAM, Asus X99-Pro board.  Gear: VPC WarBRD/MongoosT-50 Stick, VPC MongoosMT-50 Throttle, VKB T-Rudders Mk.IV Pedals, HP Reverb G2.

Well unfortunately this is only going to continue to get worse since ED sent their latest letter stating that they made a ton of money with WW2 planes... Simple planes such as WW2 planes and biplanes and civil aircraft have very little in the way of systems and can be churned out like an assembly line.. They can probably release half a dozen of them in the time it takes to release one modern warplane.

I have bought every module available as I have been and will continue to be a DCS supporter, but I will not be purchasing thius module as I do not wish to perpetuate the metamorphosis of DCS into the next Xplane or MS Flight Simulator...

My opinion of most of these planes is it is a blatant money grab and I won't support that business model..

Now if they want to ease the sting for customers then they need to at least adjust the pricing. Charging the same money for a biplane that is rolled out in a few months vs the F18 and it's complexity is absolutely ludicrous and smacks of a blatant money grab. Simply looks like taking advantage of the very folks that have kept you in business for so many years.

Disappointing to say the least...

• Like 1

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO