Suggestion on planes specifically for VR

0414 Wee Neal

Hi one and all

I am a very keen VR convert and mostly fly the Spitfire, I also have the A10c, but that is not so good in VR due to resolution. Could anyone suggest another module that works well in VR? I have the Huey and BF109.

Thanks

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

Mi-8 is fantastic, F5 and the viggen are both beautiful in VR both of which I can recommend wholeheartedly. The C-101 is nice in VR but it is a trainer at the end of the day with an armed version available sometime in teh future.

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Harrier. Most things you need to read you can, if not, the zoom takes care of it.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

The Harrier and Mi-8 are great for VR!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

It depends on which qualities of VR you most appreciate. If you want readable gauges and visibility, Harrier is great as others have mentioned. However, for me the Gazelle is the best VR aircraft due to its agility, even though gauges are hard to read. Rapid changes in height and direction coupled with VR's depth perception is a winner for me. Jump in the Gaz and start doing torque turns (hammerheads) and tell me that's not fun.

Rig: i7-6850K, Sapphire 6900XT, 32GB RAM, Asus X99-Pro board.  Gear: VPC WarBRD/MongoosT-50 Stick, VPC MongoosMT-50 Throttle, VKB T-Rudders Mk.IV Pedals, HP Reverb G2.

It depends on which qualities of VR you most appreciate. If you want readable gauges and visibility, Harrier is great as others have mentioned. However, for me the Gazelle is the best VR aircraft due to its agility, even though gauges are hard to read. Rapid changes in height and direction coupled with VR's depth perception is a winner for me. Jump in the Gaz and start doing torque turns (hammerheads) and tell me that's not fun.

Plus 1 for the Gazelle in VR. The Mi8 is also very good in VR.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Plus 1 for the Gazelle in VR. The Mi8 is also very good in VR.

I'll get in on this! Yes Gazelle is fantastic in VR the agility is mind blowing, the close shaves you will have at times just leave you breathless! MI8 also and well you know what buy all of the helicopter modules! I love them all! To be honest I haven't ever regretted buying a single DCS module. Huey is fantastic too. Both M18 and Huey look much nicer due to a larger FOV than modules such as the Gazelle. But yeah for me I find it very hard to break away from the helicopters...

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Bluethornton,

I assume that you prefer WWII planes as you state that you mostly fly the Spitfire.

I have found when using my Oculus Rift that the best WWII plane for clarity in the cockpit is the

FW190, the gauges are quite large and really easy to read. It also has a large cannon and if you get something in your gunsite it will go down.

Jim

• 11 months later...

Most of the WW2 birds give a good showing in VR

I'll echo the MiG 15, MI 8, Viggen and F 5 reccomedations too! I own all DCS modules and and three different types of VR displays and most modules work well in VR. Some are really cool because of the unique cockpit feel, the MiG 15 fits into that category. Something about it's pit just feels awesome and very immersive!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Anyone flying the Yak in VR ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

All pretty good in VR to be fair, even the warbirds since the update. The Mirage is problematic in that you just cannot read the detailing on the cockpit controls even with the VR zoom. The lettering is just tiny. It`s still a great aircraft. The VR difference between modules is not big enough to put one above the other (bar the Mirage), you are better to judge the module on what it can do and whether it`s an A2G or A2A experience you primarily want. Personally the F/A-18 is a great A2G & A2A aircraft with a expanding palette of abilities. It`s the best bang for buck atm, until we see what the F-14 brings to the table. Still the F-18 will be the more versatile when completed. It`s easy to fly and quick to pick up.

Edited by Zoomer

Yes, the cockpit is fairly simple and plain, so there is no wow factor. Best to pick it up on sale.

Thanks . My next module...

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Harrier is probably my favorite, runs really smoothly relative to some other modules. The F5 is good as well. For me the mig21 looks good, but I get really bad frame rates relative to other aircraft with it for some reason. (I have a low end system, so the high end guys may not see this issue). I spent about 5 minutes in the huey, which is much easier to fly/land in VR. But my low settings mean it looks shitty.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).