Yet another warthog slew upgrade

Deltaalphalima1

Hey guys!
I just have recieved the device, but not installed it yet.. however i would like to thank Damien for his efforts really much! The matter was i had ordered the device, but chose the 'not tracked' shipping option instead of 'tracked one', so my parcel was lost (f***ing russian post).. i had been ready for the worst thing and informed Damien the package was lost, but he was so kind to send me the replacement set!! For free... much appreciate this..

i highly recommend you this guy and his service. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2020 at 9:05 AM, Gravi_39 said:

Hey guys!
I just have recieved the device, but not installed it yet.. however i would like to thank Damien for his efforts really much! The matter was i had ordered the device, but chose the 'not tracked' shipping option instead of 'tracked one', so my parcel was lost (f***ing russian post).. i had been ready for the worst thing and informed Damien the package was lost, but he was so kind to send me the replacement set!! For free... much appreciate this..

i highly recommend you this guy and his service. 

Now that's service! :thumbup: 

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 2 weeks later...

There any discounts for this product I just cant see 67 bucks for this upgrade which is the price after exchange.   If there is and someone wouldn't mind to Pm me discount code or replay it here would be appreciated.  

Edited by Gumbie

The guy that builds these does it as a sideline, so no, I don't believe there have ever been discounts.  The slew upgrade is well worth the $ IMHO and I don't begrudge the maker any of them since he hand builds them and from what I've seen is very good with support.  The fact that TM puts the original in the throttle that costs as much as it does is a whole different story and they deserve scorn for shipping a device that needs to be modded right off the bat.

7 hours ago, Gumbie said:

There any discounts for this product I just cant see 67 bucks for this upgrade which is the price after exchange.   If there is and someone wouldn't mind to Pm me discount code or replay it here would be appreciated.  

I have the deltasim upgrade. Not cheap but worth it.

Edited by Zoomer

17 hours ago, Gumbie said:

I don't offer any discount unfortunately- I charge what I think is a fair price but also well compensates me for the amount of time I spend on them.

It would be unfair to offer discounts to some individuals and not others. I hope you understand (but fair play for trying 🙂)

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

www.deltasimelectronics.com

On 1/23/2021 at 7:20 PM, guimcdo said:

Just purchased now, I hope this will help me to use the Kamov 50 Shkval 😉

Any idea for the delivery time, for France ?

Thank you @Deltaalphalima1

Thank you for your order!

Once sent, delivery to France takes around 1-3 weeks. All shipping is still very busy so the time things are taking is a bit random at the moment.

Edited by Deltaalphalima1
  • Thanks 1

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

On 1/27/2021 at 9:19 PM, HeavyGun1450 said:

Just ordered a few days ago, Order #5724 because the standard slew sensor on my new WH throttle sucks. What is typically the average waiting time right now for one to ship?

Currently waiting time is aprox 30 days, so yours should be shipping around late Feb!

We are working hard to get the wait down as much as possible - I really want to have stock at some point this year 🙂

• Like 1

I just received the throttle slew upgrade. I ordered it way back in December or something but I knew I had to wait for January for any shipments already then.

So, I had it ordered from brexit covid britain, and I live in Finland. So it took a bit longer to arrive than I even expected. Order was shipped on 18th Jan, and delivery process took in its entirety about 13 days. But that included the slow as hell Finnish customs holdup when I had to pay the customs fee. The delivery from Brexit Britain to Finland took about 10 days from shipmment to arrival. I used the royal mail standard untracked option which had me a bit worried for some time whether or not they lost the package. But the package arrived well.

My only criticism is that the installatoin guide maybe could have had some tips for removing the original sensor it was tricky as hell to pinch out the plastic thingys. I had to watch this guy's tutorial video for the installation.

Beware that your SRS profiles for hotas will become invalidated with the slew upgrade. so you gotta remake the SRS profiles with your throttle button presses for the SRS functions. But it was qwuick enough to remake those profiles.

Im super excited to test out the warthog slew upgrade in planes like A-10cii. I was able to use the original low quality nipple slew somewhat good in the A-10cii and also the F-16 for radar cursor. But in the F-15 I could never manage to properly use the original low quiality thrustmaster nipple slew no matter which axis I used for the F-15 eagle radar TDC, which was what prompted me to seek out this product.

It appears that my DCS profiles managed to stay intact for F-16 controls atleast, so the slew upgrade did work after calibration and at least my F-16 axis controls in DCS seem to have been saved and retained.

for the price. Consider the  price of the customs fee separately from the actual produict. products actual price was around 59€ on paypal for me.

For a comparable product if you were to make this on your own.

• same higher quality sensor
  • 3D printed slew cap
  • arduino or some other board that fits inside the throttle
  • coding the arduino to receive I2C from the sensor and communicating it with the warthog throttle
  • you need to select a compatible arduino or otherwise design the circuit so that the voltages are compatible as the arduino would draw power from the throttle.
  • there might be a need to use logic analyzer to see what exactly the throttle was doing  to the original  nipple slew before replacing it. I havent researched the warthog throttle this much myself. I could probably do it since i did stuff like this in school but  i dont even have logic analyzer at home lol. It would be a big hassle.
  • 3D printed housing which fits exactly the hole of left by original slew nipple
  • 3D printed or otherwise plastic wash plate to hold the housing in place
  • screws etc

I mean theres a good bit of work in this still to make a comparable product for cheaper cost.

I was about to place a order for one but the expected delivery date can be a month out just curious as to why this is not that it makes much of a deal.   But I am curious to know if its shipping issues, getting parts/components to produce them or if its the time to make one.   Sorry to ask this question and if I missed somewhere you explained it I do apologize now.   

Just get one Gumbie, you won't regret the waiting time.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

6 hours ago, Gumbie said:

I was about to place a order for one but the expected delivery date can be a month out just curious as to why this is not that it makes much of a deal.   But I am curious to know if its shipping issues, getting parts/components to produce them or if its the time to make one.   Sorry to ask this question and if I missed somewhere you explained it I do apologize now.   

No worries - the long lead time is mainly caused by the backlog of orders we need to make. We can make around 200 units per month - but we currently have 170 outstanding orders needing to ship 🙂

By the time we have made them, another few hundred orders have been placed, so it takes time to get the number down.

It is slowly coming down - I really want to get it near zero outstanding at some point this year.

We always try to have all parts in stock for outstanding orders, so we shouldn’t have extra delays from parts availability issues.

I hope that helps.

On 2/7/2021 at 6:08 AM, Deltaalphalima1 said:

No worries - the long lead time is mainly caused by the backlog of orders we need to make. We can make around 200 units per month - but we currently have 170 outstanding orders needing to ship 🙂

By the time we have made them, another few hundred orders have been placed, so it takes time to get the number down.

It is slowly coming down - I really want to get it near zero outstanding at some point this year.

We always try to have all parts in stock for outstanding orders, so we shouldn’t have extra delays from parts availability issues.

I hope that helps.

Are you still on track to ship some at the end of this month? Cant wait to get mine! Thanks 🙂

Order #5724

On 2/15/2021 at 4:07 AM, HeavyGun1450 said:

Are you still on track to ship some at the end of this month? Cant wait to get mine! Thanks 🙂

Order #5724

Yes! All of the Feb batch is on track to ship by the end of the month, #5724 should be shipping mid next week.

18 hours ago, ROSS_Zlyden said:

I made an order on February 15th. Delivery to Russia, St. Petersburg. I hope it won't take very long to wait until the order is sent. I would be grateful for information on the timing of sending the order. Thanks @Deltaalphalima1

We are currently taking order for half way through the March batch, so your order should be shipping around the week of March 22nd.

Once sent, shipping to Russia takes around 2-4 weeks.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2021 at 4:09 PM, Deltaalphalima1 said:

Yes! All of the Feb batch is on track to ship by the end of the month, #5724 should be shipping mid next week.

We are currently taking order for half way through the March batch, so your order should be shipping around the week of March 22nd.

Once sent, shipping to Russia takes around 2-4 weeks.

Hi Damien. I am #5734. Is that shipping this week also? FIngers crossed because i am on holiday for 7 days and I will have lots of time to set it up and play.

Thanks in advance

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.

On 2/21/2021 at 1:24 AM, parxuk said:

Hi Damien. I am #5734. Is that shipping this week also? FIngers crossed because i am on holiday for 7 days and I will have lots of time to set it up and play.

Thanks in advance

Yep - the last 20 or so in the Feb batch are shipping tomorrow! (Tue 23rd)

Should be with you Wednesday 🙂

Received and installed mine. Ordered it in early January. Installation was easy (no springs to worry about! 😄 but that is a different hobby).

This is how the warthog should come from the factory!  Thank you!!!

Now, off to retrain my left middle finger....

Hi Damien

I read on your website that you can send items via couriers like DHL. How does that work if I want to place an order, and how much does it cost if sending to South Africa via DHL?

I'm ready to place my pre-order for the slew mod, just waiting on pricing and instructions from you on how to proceed please. Can't do normal mail to South Africa since our postal service this side is not up to scratch and I would have to be very lucky to actually receive it through our normal mail channels. So way too risky. I'd rather pay more and use a courier. I sent you an email as well, sorry for that, please ignore the duplicate message