Important Announcement

Ice

169th Panthers is proud to announce we have a new Server for Eagle Dynamics Simulators.

Having run a dedicated Lock On sever for 2 years now it seemed like a good time to upgrade. With thanks to the efforts of fellow members allways prepared to make contributions to the running costs. Weve gone ahead and invested in a high end server.

All areas are vastly improved.

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor @ 3.2GHz

2 GIG of DDR2800 RAM

FAT PIPE: Optical Fibre 80MB/s upload

Currently going through some testing.

We expect this to easily handle complicated missions with 60+ players.

Special thanks goes to "Rabbit" for supplying the Internet connection for this awesome machine.

• Like 1

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow, COngrats, thats certainly good for online community. Cheers!

This is timely, I will upgrade in a couple of months also. :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

nice one guys, its nice to see this development! One question, how do you guys finance it? Do you guys take money to be a member of the squadron?

Flip

madrebel.png

sig.jpg

"Imagine the reason that people hold on to

hatred so stubbornly is because if the hate

is removed, the pain will set in. Do not follow where

the path may lead. Go instead where there is

no path and leave a trail."

Will you guys be running combined A2A/A2G missions as well or solely A2A?

Nifty equipment:thumbup:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Nice server but what does that change?

What a comment! Thanks again Cali. This will mean lots of new changes for the 169th and many others who love FC online play such as more pilots on the server, lower latency and a better overall online experience. For you it may not change anything, but we still hope you get to enjoy improved play on the new Panther's server regardless of your tude.. :thumbup:

Out

Umpety Bumpety

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Congrats on the new connection, will be interesting to see what comes of it. The server may be able to handle 60 people, but not sure each individual will. Something to think about.

There are no membership fees. I can say however all existing members have been very generous in their contributions over the years. Of time, unique skills and finances.

Interesting way to put it. Its not only existing members who have been generous, but previous members also.

I did see some warping on you ruggbutt while we were on the ground... don't know if it was your or my end... or maybe something else. I checked your ping and it was showing around 59ms and for me around 190ms.

No longer active in DCS...

I did see some warping on you ruggbutt while we were on the ground... don't know if it was your or my end... or maybe something else. I checked your ping and it was showing around 59ms and for me around 190ms.

Thank you for the heads up on this I will look into it just to be 100% sure it is not the server or a connection setting I need to change. Happy Flying.:pilotfly:

I first tried your server in friday with some of my squadmates from the =RvE=. We had indeed a blast! I suppose because it was the first day of the new server running you had externals on. I hope you've fixed it. It was really the best online performance I've ever seen. Congrats on you for creating that public server and I believe it will be the most popular arena from now on.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Just flew again tonight on 169th and it is indeed very stable... again I only saw bit of warping on two occasions, both times just for a 1-2 sec duration... compared I was on this server for about 4-5 hours and this happened only twice for a very short time (and I think this warping had to be on end of one of the players) this is great. I can say the server is really good :D

The only "downside" is there were externals on... but I guess no one flies / engages from externals :music_whistling:

Nice machine there :thumbup:

No longer active in DCS...