[FIXED] Radar elevation problem after update

Solid84

This is being discussed here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=214881

It seems to be a bug, affecting multiple people.

Various descriptions of problem:

•  
  • "There is a huge delay in antenna repositioning. Try this: leave the elevation at the center. Move your nose up 10deg while watching the elevation caret. The center of the scan will move with the nose and after 2sec. it wakes up and realizes that it's supposed to remain level and snaps back down."

• "it appears related to controller input, as if there are many presses of elevation to compute and it can freeze if you move it far and it's trying to catch up."

• "(1) When assigned to button: pressing and holding down, and sending several clicks, results in radar freezing for a LOOONG time while antenna position moves glacially tick by tick by tick. Takes forever. When it reaches its commanded elevation, radar sweep unfreezes. It might be a "feature" (i.e., as in IRL) that the sweep freezes till the radar elevation position commanded is reached ... but it surely cannot take soooooooooooooo long for this to happen. I mean, sometimes 30 seconds or more! (2) When assigned to a slider: same."

• "My min/max values change with each single press, but there's no doubt that the sensitivity of the elevation of the marker has drastically changed...holding the elevation up or down is now a mistake...you need to apply single taps (button presses) or it goes ballistic in either direction...which means it's no good assigning a slider axis to this...you need discrete steps...I can use it, but do not like it"

Video:

Track files:

That video is mine and simply shows the track file playing correctly in x.400 and was uploaded for comparative purposes. The original post has the track file the video was made from.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

yes. bug still present

I5-7600K@4,8Ghz - G Skill TridentZ 16Gb 3200 CL14 - Aorus GTX 1080TI - Samsung 950 PRO 512GB NVMe M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 - Lenovo 24'' 1440p - Hotas Warthog - TrackIR 5

DCS 2.5 OB - M2000C - Mig21Bis - A10C - FC3 - AJS37 Viggen - F5E - AV8B N/A - F/A18 C - L 39 Albatros - Bf109 - Spitfire - P51D - Black Shark 2 - Nevada - Persian Gulf - Normandy

Same issue antenna elevation is bugged.

Same here

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

yes. bug still present

Same here

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Id didnt watch the vids so not sure its mentioned there.

This thing still seems to work. Its only the display of the elevation via the bar on the left. If you look at the numbers over and below the caret you can see that the numbers move.

At least its the case for me.

Correct. You will also see the elevation carat jump on the next bar to the new elevation range which seems consistent with the elevation slews you command. I am not sure the behavior itself is a bug. See below:

The radar scans in bars to generate frames. When you adjust the antenna elevation it makes the most sense, to me, to adjust the commanded scan volume of the antenna and then have it update it's elevation between bars. If you directly drive the antenna elevation mid-sweep you would have skewed bars which seems undesirable. Also of note: CNATRA publication on All Weather Intercept training doesn't talk much at all about the elevation indicator. Instead elevation is set via the altitude bracket numbers on the TDC to ensure adequate radar coverage of a particular sector and ultimately the mating of the section radars. I don't think you need to concern yourself much with the elevation indicator and instead focus on the TDC and it's altitude bracket numbers.

Now when it comes to the speed of the update and the fact that the elevation appears to compensate for roll/pitch the wrong way.. that may very well be a bug in the indication of antenna elevation.

I´m sad to say i have to confirm that... Immediately changed to the stable version and everything works fine. I havew the radar elevation control mapped to the wheel on the TWCS... In stable i have a smooth moving caret, in OB not. I have tried mapping it to normal buttons on the TWCS, but that doesn´t work neither...

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

Yep, I have the same problem since the latest update. Still works fine on the release version.

Same here.

Haven't noticed the issue at all, but I don't watch the caret on the left side, just the numbers on the gate. And that works fine in 408 and 411. Though:

The TDC cursor displays the same min/max altitude

That's what I noticed when setting up the radar. min/max are exactly the same at any range/elevation as long as the radar is set to 1B. As soon as I increase the bar count, there's actually a range in between and the bars do have height.

As a side note: I keep seeing the radar azimuth range resetting to 140° every now and then, but haven't quite figured out when this happens. I guess it's when selecing specific a/a weapons and/or the master mode.

But the worst thing IMHO still is the gate spawning in the upper left corner. Don't know the real thing and the NATOPS lacks any weaponry info, but by my wild guess this probably isn't right. I'd expect it to be in the center or at least somewhere on the center line.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 3 months later...

I'm fairly certain that it worked until a few days ago. Now I'm faced with not changing numbers when I alter the elevation. But today it seemed like the elevation still changes in the background, because depending on my manipulations, targets appeared and then faded again...

Cheers

Can confirm, I have the exact same problem, after the first lock on, my radar elevation no longer functions. tested it with my CH Products and Virpil Setups.

I also got a weird glitch after breaking a lock where the center of the B-Sweep got skewed some 40° to the left. if i set the TDC to the right, where the B-Sweep no longer reached, i could perform a spot scan, but no matter what else I did (cycle weapons, modes, turn radar off and back on etc), the center of the B-Sweep was stuck on the left.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team
Hi, with today's update i have noticed a problem with radar elevation control.

In the radar screen, the left radar elevation bar doesn't move at all, or if it moves, with a lot of lag.

The TDC cursor displays the same min/max altitude when i move it.

When i change elevation, radar screen seems to freeze for 2/3 seconds.

Before today's update it worked perfectly.

Anyone noticed this?

From what I have seen this has been fixed internally and should make tomorrows patch. Thanks for all the reports guys.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png