Bankler's CASE 1 Recovery Trainer

Bankler

In your c:/users/username/saved games/dcs world/missions folder

When I install it. Where do I go to play the mission? In Campaign, Missions, or Instant Mission?

[Phanteks Enthoo Elite Case, Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 MOBO, Intel Core i9-9700K OC 5.1, G SKILL Ripjaws DDR4-3466 RAM 64GB, 3 x Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 x 4TB HDD, 2 x Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition 11G, Corsair AX1600i Modular Power Supply, 7 x Cooler MasterFan Pro, 7 x Phanteks Fans, Koolance Cooling System, Custom Lighting, Windows 10 Home, Alienware AW3418DW Curved Monitor, TrackIR 5, Warthog Hotas, MFG Rudder Pedals.]

Not at my DCS computer right now, but I believe you Select "Missions" from the DCS Main Menu and then "USER MISSIONS"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

Not at my DCS computer right now, but I believe you Select "Missions" from the DCS Main Menu and then "USER MISSIONS"

Thanks TWC, that was right. Thanks for your help!

[Phanteks Enthoo Elite Case, Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 MOBO, Intel Core i9-9700K OC 5.1, G SKILL Ripjaws DDR4-3466 RAM 64GB, 3 x Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 x 4TB HDD, 2 x Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition 11G, Corsair AX1600i Modular Power Supply, 7 x Cooler MasterFan Pro, 7 x Phanteks Fans, Koolance Cooling System, Custom Lighting, Windows 10 Home, Alienware AW3418DW Curved Monitor, TrackIR 5, Warthog Hotas, MFG Rudder Pedals.]

Score window not longer fully visible...

Hi Bankler,

first of all: Thank you so much for designing this great mission! Make's a lot of fun - but it's hard to be successful... :)

After doing approximately 30 traps (during different sessions) suddenly the results window doesn't show all of the necessary informations. Two or three lines at the bottom of the window are missing.

I'm flying with the Oculus Rift CV 1.

Any help for me (and maybe for others)?

Kind regards

Robert :thumbup:

After doing approximately 30 traps (during different sessions) suddenly the results window doesn't show all of the necessary informations. Two or three lines at the bottom of the window are missing.

I'm flying with the Oculus Rift CV 1.

Any help for me (and maybe for others)?

Have you tried tweaking the font size? It's a new option they added a month ago or so. Unfortunately I don't have a CV1 to test with (only O+). Let me know if it helps. A screenshot could also be helpful.

Have you tried tweaking the font size? It's a new option they added a month ago or so. Unfortunately I don't have a CV1 to test with (only O+). Let me know if it helps. A screenshot could also be helpful.

Hi Bankler,

checked my font size. It was 1.0. Changed it and as a result I could read less than before. Set it back to 1.0.

Attached some screenshots. What I'm irritated of is the version info (4.1) in the first message right when I'm in the range of the vessel in the south of the Stennis. I downloaded the miz.file right once more and put it in the right folder. No change.

Kind regards

Robert

Screen-4.thumb.png.b6c90396aaf8b7c0470b51005b891602.png

Screen-3.thumb.jpg.5cdf585dbad66888f7f7780ae9b9017c.jpg

Hi Bankler,

checked my font size. It was 1.0. Changed it and as a result I could read less than before. Set it back to 1.0.

Attached some screenshots. What I'm irritated of is the version info (4.1) in the first message right when I'm in the range of the vessel in the south of the Stennis. I downloaded the miz.file right once more and put it in the right folder. No change.

Kind regards

Robert

Btw: will try two things

1. Download latest Nvidia Driver, If any

2. Go back to the Former DCS stable Version

Will Report results

Gesendet von meinem moto e5 mit Tapatalk

What I'm irritated of is the version info (4.1) in the first message right when I'm in the range of the vessel in the south of the Stennis.

That's most likely just me forgetting to bump the version number in that message. If you downloaded the last version it should be 4.2.0. Sorry for that.

Edited by Bankler

That's mostly just me forgetting to bump the version number in that message. If you downloaded the last version it should be 4.2.0. Sorry for that.
Thank you! I guessed it to be the right version.

The issued ist still remaining... Opened a Support ticket.

Gesendet von meinem moto e5 mit Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my hands on this today. I think this is an outstanding training tool. I only wish the text messages were voiced. On a 3 screen setup and the messages are on the far right. Landing is hard enough without looking and reading text messages. The report at the end is great as well. This is just a great tool. Thanks!!

Im fairly new to scripting and Im sure this question is answered somewhere but i cant find it. I have a training mission now that includes a bumch of different elelments and Id like to add this to the mission. How can I get it to work within an already existng mission? Im sorry if its an ignorant question but I am basically, ignorant to the whole idea. Once I get a clue I'll be able to add scripts in other areas as well. Id like to use this in conjunction with the LSO script from Alereax....

Im fairly new to scripting and Im sure this question is answered somewhere but i cant find it. I have a training mission now that includes a bumch of different elelments and Id like to add this to the mission. How can I get it to work within an already existng mission? Im sorry if its an ignorant question but I am basically, ignorant to the whole idea. Once I get a clue I'll be able to add scripts in other areas as well. Id like to use this in conjunction with the LSO script from Alereax....

You have two options:

1) Copy every asset (make sure the aircraft names are intact, or hack the script to account for it) and script in the mission to your new mission (you'll need to be careful, and know what you're doing with the ME and miz file structure. No support line available) :)

2) Start with my mission, and add whatever you need to it.

In regards to Alerax's mission/script, I'm not sure. Last time I checked, he used obfuscation on his lua script so that you cannot change them (which I understand, even though I opted to keep my scripts open). On the other hand, maybe you don't need to change anything in them. I'm not too familiar with how it works, but maybe you can start with my mission and try to add Alerax stuff to it?

If you distribute it in some way (other that sharing it with a friend or two), please leave the stuff in the briefing intact, for credits purposes. Check if there are any such terms/conditions in Alerax's mission as well.

Final note: Please be aware that this mission is a living (free) product, meaning I sometimes come out with a new version containing improvements and bug fixes. As you understand, I have no possibility to help out with merging these fixes into your own home-cooked version.

Good luck! Cheers!

Wooohooo!!!

Best landing yet with a 3 Wire!! Thanks again for this trainer Bankler, it certainly is helping me improve.

Cheers!

Screen_190830_154159.thumb.jpg.5b8048054edf598638f7d81789ef9ef8.jpg

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Great case 1 trainer by Bankler. My favorite.

I really do wish those results can be logged and saved into some notepad format for future reference and analysis.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Fun times, managed a 71 tonite. Great little mission
Nice.... "Sign him up.." lol

Well done Tony

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Fun times, managed a 71 tonite. Great little mission
That is a very good score TonyG.

Highest I have achieved is 67.

Keep at it, could just get that 75 mark.

Again I would really like to have a hard copy of all my trap records. So my wish is a tools to pull all this score and reference later.

Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Trying your mission with the Tomcat for the very first time, thank you!

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for this; it's been a huge help. I only hope that the Nimitz release has a debrief as good as yours. The *only* thing I would ask is an option to turn off the text notifications during the pattern. They're great when learning, but I tend to come to rely on them too much (like timing my turn from downwind based on seeing the abeam notification pop up).

Love it - in decades of sims, flying your script in an F-14 is my favorite. Thanks again.

. 1 foot low away in the early break from a 75 ;-)

Also, huge thanks to Lex for his on-speed videos and Victory205 for the case I manual. I've watched/read those about a thousand times each.

Edited by grcooper

I apologize in advance I think it has been asked. I've switched to VR recently, now when I complete a trap I only see one line of the summary on the bottom right on my headset. Is there a setting that I need to change to get the complete summary?

This is such a great tool that has helped me more then I could tell you.

Thanks

I apologize in advance I think it has been asked. I've switched to VR recently, now when I complete a trap I only see one line of the summary on the bottom right on my headset. Is there a setting that I need to change to get the complete summary?

This is such a great tool that has helped me more then I could tell you.

Thanks

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3989740&postcount=261

Seems like it is an open ticket and still a work in progress, unless there is information that is not been shared since this ticket was submitted and responded to.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Thank you so much for this! Really wonderful trainer. The feedback makes a HUGE difference in both learning as well as building up confidence in what you have learned.

Do we have to call the ball using a radio menu or something? I see "CLARA ..." on my scoresheet summary (which BTW shows up fine in my VR view).

(p.s. would LOVE to see something like this for A2A refueling --- maybe calling out station-keeping feedback!)