Real World F/A-18 Pilot Will Test DCS F/18 If Donations for Hurricane Victims Met

Bananimal

False. I had zero contact with Wags or Eagle Dynamics before offering to play the game. I had seen hundreds of comments asking me to play. So, I made a deal with the fans of my channel.

Wags saw that and offered to help, and he did by posting the video. That's as far as his involvement went. He had no official position in this.

Bananimal was incredibly generous in opening up his home to allow me to fly his setup.

Yes, it was my first time playing DCS.

Perspective is important, and it's my fault for choosing to show the most entertaining part of the 6+ hours of testing we did. I'll take the hit on that.

By the time we got to multiplayer with Carl, I had already flown the sim quite a bit with TrackIR and tried out various parts of the sim. I didn't even know we were going to do multiplayer because I had mentioned that I just wanted to test it out in basic flying. The multiplayer was a pleasant bonus.

Carl was a GREAT sport. He's a good dude and that's what made it fun and funny.

This was not a parody. It was lighthearted and fun.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

If only it were clear that this is a two part video...

Your thoughts about the module were announced officially by ED plus the requirement you had as a condition, which was the call for donations. Don't tell me it wasn't official.

"This was not a parody. It was lighthearted and fun." -> Well, turns out many of us don't agree with you there.

"I'm sorry you feel that way." -> Don't be. I'm not here for that.

"If only it were clear that this is a two part video..." -> Part two can be as objective as you want. Still doesn't erase the impression of the first one. Bad excuse.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the sake of a good constructive diskussion please dont be so salty! :( Go ahead with your criticism, if you really like, but being too harsh is not very helfpul for anyone.

It is constructive. And it is very helpful. And yes, critics do hurt sometimes and he wasn't offended. That's what a discussion is there for. "Harsh", you say? You mean direct and honest? Ever played a hallo kitty shitty type of a game? That's definitely for you... Now spare me, please.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

It is constructive. And it is very helpful. And yes, critics do hurt sometimes and he wasn't offended. That's what a discussion is there for. "Harsh", you say? You mean direct and honest? Ever played a hallo kitty shitty type of a game? That's definitely for you... Now spare me, please.

In which case you will find it constructive and not be offended to be told that you are behaving like a jerk.

I am just saying that internet discussions often become unnecessarily long, when someone is arguing too emotionally. I do not say anything against being direct, but I would suggest to keep the discussion more objective.

And please dont offend my hallo kitty shitty games! lol

Your thoughts about the module were announced officially by ED plus the requirement you had as a condition, which was the call for donations. Don't tell me it wasn't official.

It wasn't official. I never claimed any association with Eagle Dynamics, because I have none.

"If only it were clear that this is a two part video..." -> Part two can be as objective as you want. Still doesn't erase the impression of the first one. Bad excuse.

No excuse here. It was always going to be a two part video. The fact that you don't approve of it doesn't change that.

I'm guessing people thought they were paying for a Hornet pilot to review the sim. That was never the case. They were paying to help Hurricane victims. I do not believe Mover received any money for this, but I might be wrong.

Correct. I never received a dime, and if you look at my original video, I started the contributions.

In fact, the VLOG had already raised $5.5k before I offered to play DCS in order to bump it to $7500.

I'll humor it. Pretend part one doesn't exist. What would have been your ideal video?

• ED Team

Mover was shedding light on a great cause and using a flight in DCS to motivate donations, we shared the video to FB and shared it in our newsletter without asking Mover, only to help him hit his goal, and who doesn't want to see a real Hornet pilot fly our stuff. It was never anything official, I think Wags would have had him over to use his stuff if that was the case.

I personally enjoyed the video for what it was, the controls and such could have been set up better for him, but overall it was nice to see him having fun with this sim, and said nothing less than most pilots say about flight simulations vs the real thing.

I appreciate all our fans and love the passion they have for the sim, but let's not beat up these guys just coming into our little world here.

Mover, I personally enjoyed the video, and hope to see you do more. You can see our community takes this stuff pretty seriously, its a bigger investment in time and money than your average first-person shooter. PM me with any concerns or thoughts.

PS I was yelling at the screen to get the man a TrackIR or VR headset until he stated his issues with TrackIR. But come on guys, this was a fun spin in the DCS: F/A-18C by a real pilot lets not chase him off.

"This was not a parody. It was lighthearted and fun." -> Well, turns out many of us don't agree with you there.

"I'm sorry you feel that way." -> Don't be. I'm not here for that.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Your attitude is entitled and self righteous. There are a handful of real experts that choose to share on the forums. When they do show up, every arm chair expert pops out of the woodwork when they don’t like the way the information is presented. Responses like your’s ensures that there will be less interaction between subject matter experts and the community. Why would anyone want to put with this? Designing helicopter events and running a server doesn’t give you license to bray like a jackass. You have offered nothing substantive in your replys. If you want to see something different, try being constructive and specific in your requests. The only outcome of your response is, less interaction with subject matter experts. You're not a firebrand speaking truth to power, you're a petulant child who didn't get his bottle.

I think its clear at the start of the video that its just a fun video, with the goal of helping people victims of the hurricane...Mover has zero experience using dcs nor probably pc gaming stuff like trackir so I can understand why the video is more fun oriented. I hope Mover gives dcs an opportunity and takes his time checking how close it is to the real thing so we can have some "in depth" (or as much depth as possible) videos sharing his impressions...

Take a look at my MODS here

@ Mover, Lex and their fanboys:

Well, where do I start...

Anything you play, fly, simulate, etc. on your computer is not the real deal and I know quite a lot of veterans and even newcomers in the DCS community, and NO one has ever claimed the opposite.

We have some damn good virtual pilots, very skilled and quick with their hands and eyes, who would almost every time win an air battle against almost anyone or do things in their planes/helicopters that not everyone here can. And still, you never hear any of them caliming to be able to do the like or anywheres close to that in real life. It's never been an issue and no one ever speculates on how good they would be in real life. Simply because it'd obviously be childish and utterly stupid. This is not some hallo kitty shitty type of a game where daydreaming boys hiding in momy's basement meet. DCS is not the type to attract such customers. And don't ask me what hallo kitty shitty type of games is, because I don't know what the **** hallo kitty shitty means, but you get the point.

The F-18 module is simply the result of years and years of hard work by ED. I can only imagine the complexity of scripting behind this project, because my imagination is much more capable than my skills when it comes to such a high level of writing a software of such sophistication. No doubt, ED were proud to introduce this module to us like maybe never before. And no doubt many of us were just as proud to be able to get their hands on a product of such a high level of fidelty. The hard work is so much appreciated there. Months before that DCS 2.5 was released and boy that blew us away. So again, we appreciate the work and effort ED pours into their passion which is our passion too.

Now, let me speculate here a bit. I think ED wanted to add something over the top by asking an expert; a former F-18 pilot (Mover) to share his thoughts about the module. Bringing in the expert to sort of have an official confirmation for how good this module turned out to be. I don't think any of us needs an expert for that matter, because we're very appreciative regardless, as you can read that in many comments across the ED forums, but I get it if ED were excited and proud of what they have accomplished and they damn should be. Then this expert is invited by a DCS community member over to his house to use his computer to even make it easier for the expert to just fly DCS and share his thoughts. You don't need to buy a joystick and all that, Sir, just bless us, please. See how DCS and the community behind it care about their virtual world?

Mover steps in, and for the first time he's gonna fly the DCS F-18 module or maybe DCS at all...

Even in our virtual world, a wingman never takes over a flight. But he did that. And he did it to only help our lost guest there who's flying in the virtual world of DCS for the first time. A nice gesture, one could say, because the whole thing was a first impression and merely sharing thoughts only. Mover's response was maybe funny to some and obviousley not to others. Ok, no big deal. But when almost every second or third remark you make is nothing but a joke or some whining critic, then you can surely understand the shitstorm you received there.

The F-18 marks all the hard work of ED, as I've mentioned earlier. The level of excitement on their behalf and ours as customers was immense. If we needed a parody, then by all means.

Moaning about G-forces? What, we're not aware of that?! It's 2D and not 3D like in real life, you say? Thanks for that thought, a well thought one. The stick and the throttle don't feel right? Maybe the chair and the lights in the room too? The list is long as you can see, and if any of us was interested in a feedback regarding Bananimal's set up, we would've told you. In fact, some wish they had half the things he's got.

Your approach to this whole thing was very misplaced. The lack of respect for ED (and I'm not speaking for ED here, it's just so obvious to me and obviously obvious to others too) and the way you handled the situation was not even close to professionalism. You're not the first real pilot of any ED or third party modules we've ever had, but surely the first to disappoint like that. Others, and I know two of them myself, were more respectful and appreciative for being asked to share their thoughts with us. So they looked up the manuals, flew for hours, played with the systems onboad a bit and only then, like an expert should be, shared their thoughts and helped upgrade/modify/change/replace some features they found incorrect to some degree. They simply did it to help. Kudos to you, boys!

Many of us own many airplanes and helicopters here in DCS while using the same set up of hardware. No collective, no pedals, no nothing else for most of us. We read the manuals and learn by heart what is necessary. We do our checklists and write them down. We bind almost everything to our switches and buttons and keyboards. At any time we can fly any airplane, and if we're in a mood for a helicopter, we simply grab one. In a matter of seconds your brain will have to adjust to a new module and remember all the keys and all the procedures and of course the careful touch of the joystick and throttle. Every module is different and still we manage to handle them all pretty damn well. Some have old and messed up hardware, others have better stuff. No one ever complained and used any of that as an excuse for any of his mistakes. We've had thousands and thousands of different war scenarios and pushed our modules endless amount of times to the extreme. Still we don't bang about or even consider it close to the real deal. And if any of us should ever have the chance to fly a real plane with an instructor, I can hardly imagine anyone moaning about the stick being different or the real world is in 3D and not 2D, or the G-forces are in fact a real thing and all that. We'd shut the hell up, or maybe throw up, watch, learn, cry out of joy and be appreciative.

The expectations were very high, and on top of that you had some donations going on, so no doubt the frustration was that big. As to your fanboys here... well, I run a server myself and it's very successful and lots of people enjoy it plus I design the helicopters' events. That's my way of supporting ED. So I'd hate ED to have a word with me over them boys.

I talk/write the way I think. No double standards, no second thoughts, no political correctness, no nothing. So if anyone is offended, well, try to chill out by playing some hallo kitty shitty type of a game.

S!

Specifically,

" I talk/write the way I think. No double standards, no second thoughts, no political correctness, no nothing. So if anyone is offended, well, try to chill out by playing some hallo kitty shitty type of a game."

.. except when Mover apparently did what you have exactly advocated for, express his "no second thoughts, no political correctness, no nothing" opinion, you took exception.

What exactly are you upset at, exactly? because it all sounds painfully anecdotal and relative to your opinion. Not to mention a bit emotional... and hypocritical.

.. not everyone who disagrees with you is a "fanboy".

But many who fail to formulate a logically conclusive point tend to revert to logical fallacies like ad hominum.

Edited by Lex Talionis

Find us on Discord. https://discord.gg/td9qeqg

@ Mover, Lex and their fanboys:

Well, where do I start...

Anything you play, fly, simulate, etc. on your computer is not the real deal and I know quite a lot of veterans and even newcomers in the DCS community, and NO one has ever claimed the opposite.

We have some damn good virtual pilots, very skilled and quick with their hands and eyes, who would almost every time win an air battle against almost anyone or do things in their planes/helicopters that not everyone here can. And still, you never hear any of them caliming to be able to do the like or anywheres close to that in real life. It's never been an issue and no one ever speculates on how good they would be in real life. Simply because it'd obviously be childish and utterly stupid. This is not some hallo kitty shitty type of a game where daydreaming boys hiding in momy's basement meet. DCS is not the type to attract such customers. And don't ask me what hallo kitty shitty type of games is, because I don't know what the **** hallo kitty shitty means, but you get the point.

The F-18 module is simply the result of years and years of hard work by ED. I can only imagine the complexity of scripting behind this project, because my imagination is much more capable than my skills when it comes to such a high level of writing a software of such sophistication. No doubt, ED were proud to introduce this module to us like maybe never before. And no doubt many of us were just as proud to be able to get their hands on a product of such a high level of fidelty. The hard work is so much appreciated there. Months before that DCS 2.5 was released and boy that blew us away. So again, we appreciate the work and effort ED pours into their passion which is our passion too.

Now, let me speculate here a bit. I think ED wanted to add something over the top by asking an expert; a former F-18 pilot (Mover) to share his thoughts about the module. Bringing in the expert to sort of have an official confirmation for how good this module turned out to be. I don't think any of us needs an expert for that matter, because we're very appreciative regardless, as you can read that in many comments across the ED forums, but I get it if ED were excited and proud of what they have accomplished and they damn should be. Then this expert is invited by a DCS community member over to his house to use his computer to even make it easier for the expert to just fly DCS and share his thoughts. You don't need to buy a joystick and all that, Sir, just bless us, please. See how DCS and the community behind it care about their virtual world?

Mover steps in, and for the first time he's gonna fly the DCS F-18 module or maybe DCS at all...

Even in our virtual world, a wingman never takes over a flight. But he did that. And he did it to only help our lost guest there who's flying in the virtual world of DCS for the first time. A nice gesture, one could say, because the whole thing was a first impression and merely sharing thoughts only. Mover's response was maybe funny to some and obviousley not to others. Ok, no big deal. But when almost every second or third remark you make is nothing but a joke or some whining critic, then you can surely understand the shitstorm you received there.

The F-18 marks all the hard work of ED, as I've mentioned earlier. The level of excitement on their behalf and ours as customers was immense. If we needed a parody, then by all means.

Moaning about G-forces? What, we're not aware of that?! It's 2D and not 3D like in real life, you say? Thanks for that thought, a well thought one. The stick and the throttle don't feel right? Maybe the chair and the lights in the room too? The list is long as you can see, and if any of us was interested in a feedback regarding Bananimal's set up, we would've told you. In fact, some wish they had half the things he's got.

Your approach to this whole thing was very misplaced. The lack of respect for ED (and I'm not speaking for ED here, it's just so obvious to me and obviously obvious to others too) and the way you handled the situation was not even close to professionalism. You're not the first real pilot of any ED or third party modules we've ever had, but surely the first to disappoint like that. Others, and I know two of them myself, were more respectful and appreciative for being asked to share their thoughts with us. So they looked up the manuals, flew for hours, played with the systems onboad a bit and only then, like an expert should be, shared their thoughts and helped upgrade/modify/change/replace some features they found incorrect to some degree. They simply did it to help. Kudos to you, boys!

Many of us own many airplanes and helicopters here in DCS while using the same set up of hardware. No collective, no pedals, no nothing else for most of us. We read the manuals and learn by heart what is necessary. We do our checklists and write them down. We bind almost everything to our switches and buttons and keyboards. At any time we can fly any airplane, and if we're in a mood for a helicopter, we simply grab one. In a matter of seconds your brain will have to adjust to a new module and remember all the keys and all the procedures and of course the careful touch of the joystick and throttle. Every module is different and still we manage to handle them all pretty damn well. Some have old and messed up hardware, others have better stuff. No one ever complained and used any of that as an excuse for any of his mistakes. We've had thousands and thousands of different war scenarios and pushed our modules endless amount of times to the extreme. Still we don't bang about or even consider it close to the real deal. And if any of us should ever have the chance to fly a real plane with an instructor, I can hardly imagine anyone moaning about the stick being different or the real world is in 3D and not 2D, or the G-forces are in fact a real thing and all that. We'd shut the hell up, or maybe throw up, watch, learn, cry out of joy and be appreciative.

The expectations were very high, and on top of that you had some donations going on, so no doubt the frustration was that big. As to your fanboys here... well, I run a server myself and it's very successful and lots of people enjoy it plus I design the helicopters' events. That's my way of supporting ED. So I'd hate ED to have a word with me over them boys.

I talk/write the way I think. No double standards, no second thoughts, no political correctness, no nothing. So if anyone is offended, well, try to chill out by playing some hallo kitty shitty type of a game.

S!

Wow. If I were to be charitable, I would hazard a guess that yeast and fermented Barley were doing the talking here.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

This is by far Movers most successful video, over 260,000 views in under a week, I had never heard of him or his books until now.

Great promotional tool for both groups even if we would’ve preferred a more positive spin.

* EDIT - cheers Nine-Line , haven’t been following that closely. Removed my comment about “he should be thanking DCS”

Edited by JAR VFA-113 STINGERS

Safe space anyone? (some are probably unfamiliar with that term)

Instead of writing 2k word essays (I'm dyslexic and can't focus for too long:cry:) just pop off a few direct and specific questions. These 2 Hornet dudes better not come up with "it's classified" answers:smilewink: and if they are still willing to answer them... while flying the simgame.

Time to move forward...:v:

Let me try this again. From a perspective that I know intimately more about. Every time I talk to "paint gun aficionados" the conversation inevitably turns to "we could kick some Airborne/Ranger/SF ass, we're so good" And I have to laugh. Because playing paint gun is ABSOLUTELY different than how Infantry (let alone Ranger/SF) trains. I get that people take pride in what they do. People take pride in DCS virtual squadrons, and people take pride in the mastery of DCS. There's nothing wrong with being good at something. Hell, a pro gamer these days can bring in millions of dollars per year.

The point I'm trying to make is that it's still a game. And when it's a game, you should be having fun. Yes, learning about the details of A10/Hornet/Huey is awesome. But it's still fun. You should be having fun. So how can you criticize someone for having fun with DCS?

Do you get offended when people like me take up the Hornet for the first time and lawn dart it on the back of the carrier? Because I didn't "take it like a study sim?" Let's get back to having fun, shall we?

As for the fanboy comment, I *am* a fan of aviators/pilots. Virtual and Real. I think RalfieDude - even with the constant F bombs - is entertaining to watch. I think Jabbers makes great videos. The Reaper Chronicle guys seem to have a lot of fun. Bunyap makes wonder training vids and I'm a fan. Lex made incredible training videos and I'm a fan. Chuck makes great tutorials and I'm a fan. That doesn't mean I worship them. It just means I like their work product.

In the immortal words of Strips, lighten up Francis.

Edited by hansangb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I think it healthy for the real guys to get some feedback with regards to the video as it’s obviously popular and a great thing. A lot of people I speak to outside these forums say they stopped watching and were disappointed because they felt like Mover was treating it like a joke and not really paying attention to how amazingly realistic DCS F/A-18C is.

I did initially stop watching myself for the same reason but went back later to rewatch the whole thing and he does piece to camera at the end which explains some things.

If I could offer one piece of advice to the real pilots who come to fly DCS, we do know it’s not real life and don’t expect you to instantly be able to fly DCS like you do a real jet.

Please keep in mind that you guys are already heroes to most of us and we just hope you think what we do is cool too.

Come on guy's this was all for a good cause right.

Mover was no simmer and hasn't spent the time in sim like Lex has, so he could create his cool video's to teach us.

Check this video on Mover's channel. Really makes you feel your back there learning a new aircraft with him. Shows you the real pressure of jumping back in after a few years taking it easy as first officer. Funny your not even allowed to taxi when first officer..?

Great video Mover, thanks for filming this after so long out of the seat.

Edit

We have the F-5E in DCS that's loads of fun and back to basics, only TACAN and manual bombing.

and the Mig-28 :D Yea, I know....The F-14 is coming.

attachment.php?attachmentid=198711&stc=1&d=1543228244

Mig-28.thumb.jpg.97d8718ffb7562f6e087517c8919b3ec.jpg

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

This is what I'm doing by building a 3d printed cockpit for the Hornet. I play in VR so it just needs semi-accurate locations and the rest is muscle memory. The various shaped buttons help navigate where you are. I've made mine modular so I can switch it out for other aircraft. The tactile feel enhances immersion even more when in VR.

Extremely impressive work there. I salute your knowledge and dedication. I would not be able to do what you are doing in a month of Sundays.

I will not show my lashed together efforts among such exalted company. :noexpression:

The closest I got was about 15 years ago when someone gave me a free copy of Solidworks. I had fun with that, designing car alloy wheels and various enclosure boxes ect, but got bored after a couple of months because I could do nothing other than design on a screen.

What we need now is solid hand tracking so your VR Hornet pilot moves his arms correctly when you go for the switches. Be nice to be able to lift the arm out of the way to see the consoles too instead of switching pilot off when starting the Jet and back on after fcs reset and obogs have been enabled.

Keep up the good work.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

I'm not insulted a bit, NineLine, so no worries on my side.

I did say that I wasn't speaking in the name of ED.

I did say "let me speculate".

I never said I'm speaking on behalf of the community of DCS, but been around DCS for 7 years and almost 4 years in the forums so I know the general opinion on things.

Never claimed to be in power, only demonstrated how I support ED the way I do it, and I did say that I wasn't gonna write no more to avoid any hard times with ED, becuase again, I'm not that powerful as one of you has claimed I think I am.

I'm only a bit disappointed in myself for making the mistake of starting a discussion on the internet. The very reason why I'm not on facebook, twitter, youtube and whatever is out there for that matter. Heck, the ED forums are the only place where I'm registered and for DCS reasons only. I guess, becuase I do have a life after all. "Get a life", "Amazed people like you exist" and all that is exactly the reason why discussions on the internet are nothing but cancer. Your words get twisted and used against you and people are saints all of the sudden and you're the bad guy. Everyone can "talk" here and only a few these days would open their mouth in public. So that was my strategic mistake here.

I stand by all I've written, because I wouldn't have written it otherwise.

I'm out of this thread here and back to DCS comments only.

Apologies to ED only for creating a mess.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I'm not insulted a bit, NineLine, so no worries on my side.

I did say that I wasn't speaking in the name of ED.

I did say "let me speculate".

I never said I'm speaking on behalf of the community of DCS, but been around DCS for 7 years and almost 4 years in the forums so I know the general opinion on things.

Never claimed to be in power, only demonstrated how I support ED the way I do it, and I did say that I wasn't gonna write no more to avoid any hard times with ED, becuase again, I'm not that powerful as one of you has claimed I think I am.

I'm only a bit disappointed in myself for making the mistake of starting a discussion on the internet. The very reason why I'm not on facebook, twitter, youtube and whatever is out there for that matter. Heck, the ED forums are the only place where I'm registered and for DCS reasons only. I guess, becuase I do have a life after all. "Get a life", "Amazed people like you exist" and all that is exactly the reason why discussions on the internet are nothing but cancer. Your words get twisted and used against you and people are saints all of the sudden and you're the bad guy. Everyone can "talk" here and only a few these days would open their mouth in public. So that was my strategic mistake here.

I stand by all I've written, because I wouldn't have written it otherwise.

I'm out of this thread here and back to DCS comments only.

Apologies to ED only for creating a mess.

Alpenwolf.

Everybody on here supports ED and DCS. Despite the griping when something breaks, there is not one person on this thread that does not think that DCS is nothing other than a fantastic achievement and a technological tour de force that must be breathtaking in its complexity.

Lex and Mover included.

The only thing you did wrong was watch a video of a guy using DCS for the first time and being filmed doing it. It was light hearted fun which you and some others took exception to and thought it was being disrespectful to ED and this community.

All it was was a video of a guy playing a game at his friends house. The fact that he is a steely eyed fighter pilot is neither here nor there. If he was a burger flipper, the result would have been the same... a bloke playing a game and laughing while being filmed.

The expertise he possesses in the subject does not exclude him from having a laugh.

If I were being filmed on a motorcycle simulator and having a laugh, would I be showing disrespect for the makers of the software and the community? I will expand on this statement...

I have been in the automotive industry all my working life, even in an instructional capacity in the engineering, management and driving skill disciplines.

I have the in depth knowledge and expertise, so again if I was having a laugh driving a sim bike or car am I being disrespectful?

Mover is an expert in his field. I am regarded as an expert in mine. We are the same, however I doubt you would see that. What I think you see is that Mover has to be held to a higher standard than I.

You then went on to disrespect the rest of the community who tried to bring a little common sense to the situation by calling us fanbois.

That is where you earned your disrespect.

Edited by Tinkickef