New Black Shark Movie "Furious Angels"

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the AI Apache probably won't startup, turn & taxi along the runway as it shuts its door?

A question that comes out of that though is - why does the AI apache model have code allowing the doors to open & close on command ? - Is it a sign that other choppers can be made flyable as for the non-flyables in LOFC?

Ahhh - The joys of speculation aren't reserved for wealthy capitalists :-)

Cheers.

Neat video - someone's spent more than a couple of hours making that one. Great sound effects, too. Tip: if you don't like Lock On's y-axis/no-vertical-extent smoke then turn your wind vector up in the ME. If the AI struggle, just fly the attack into wind and it should work.

I agree with Kula66, Lock On doesn't look so good down were the helicopters fly, but I guess if you have AAA and Stingers coming your way you might be too busy to notice the terrain.

What do the soldier damage models look like?

DPS.

My guess - there are no bodies, Black Shark eats them all, MUHAHAHA!!! :devil_2:

I have recognized one sound effect, that was taken of from the all time classic game CS.

If my memory still serves me correctly, there was mentioning of making other choppers flyable, with an Ka-50 cockpit, the same way as with planes in v1.12.

I hope that the smoking babe will be left in the LOMAC as an eastern egg, just like RV team had done for their F4. Eastern eggs make a game so much more appealing, after you've done everything to it and they do open up new dimensions of playing (remember the two seater in v1.02?) :animals_bunny:

Watched it five times in a row, this morning, it's that good - story, smooth camera, suspense, action, the horror, ... I LOVE IT :yay:

mt-2003-sun-corona.jpg

At the end of the video, we can see a fight over a city with lot of buildings and units. Runs very good, with lot of fps, i hope we have same smooth in our computers...

Greetings

Only applicable if it was FRAPSed.

Most movies tend to be produced from tracks with everything cranked up - i.e. taking longer than real-time.

I agree with Kula66, Lock On doesn't look so good down were the helicopters fly, but I guess if you have AAA and Stingers coming your way you might be too busy to notice the terrain.

Agreed. I was hoping for a few more graphical tweaks... and also an end to those 'orrible cloned smoke plumes. But hope doesn't pay for programming time.

Never mind, it's a very nice movie indeed, and the editing style often leaves clips just as you're wishing you could see a little more... which is exactly what you want in a promo movie for BS! No fancy effects to spoil the view, just BS as we can expect to see it on our PCs... eventually! ;-)

Andrew McP

few tips from SuperVasia for better understanding this movie:

1) Apache was flown by author in few episodes, by swapping models with Ka-50

2) you can differ AI Ka-50 from player's Ka-50 by looking to the blades - AI blades are straight

3) some audio and FX were altered and don't represent original game's footage.

4) there ARE ballistic projectiles, all of them ;)

5) scene at 0:33-0:36 is pure self-made fiction.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

Excellent Movie - well worth the wait for the Final Product. Using Buildings as Counter-Measures is priceless, although saying that I'd bet the tenants would'nt agree:)

Well Done SuperVasia :thumbup: - another couple of those will go down very well Indeed :smilewink:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I see that BS will give the "airfield vulching" the new meaning :P

That's if the SAMs and AAA don't eat you ... any airfield housing NATO aircraft that doesn't have a multi-layered air defense setup around it isn't realistic, and ... no, you're not getting through said realistic setup with a single heli, or even a small group of them :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

A little off topic, but how will do helos vs fighters in visual range combat? If the helicopter hovers only, the radar guided missile can not distinguish it? Once I read that in a training fight, a single heli could handle three fighters only by flying in vertical. If Kamov will be armed with AA heat-seeking missiles, it can be dangerous opponent down low since it can really "turn on a dime" and hide behind the structures.

Unless you are facing a pilot who doesn't have a clue, the heli might not even see the aircraft that kills it ... your only hope in the helo is to stay out of sight. Engaging an AI fighter is possible because AI has zero understanding of how to fight against a helicopter.

Engaging a player with half a clue will get you killed every time, unless he doesn't see you. But then again ... if he has half a clue, he won't be where you can shoot him at all to begin with.

The Ka-50 will carry no A2A missiles - the real one doesn't, and with good reason: The only thing they're useful for is making you think you can actually do A2A ... you can't. Period. Heli v fighter = fighter wins.

There are exceptions, but these are exactly what they are ... exceptions.

While this is not the case in LOMAC, modern western radar will detect the motion of the rotors, so, you can hover all you want, and you can even be landed with rotors spinning, you'll still get picked up and killed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

that was a pretty neat movie. I guess my constructive critisism would be AI heli...as now we know it was a model swap.

2) damage model for vehicles. Its soooo UNSATISFYING to see like a PLOP and fire....models were revamped soo much. IMO...more than a model..its the act of blowing it up that is important and gives u the satisfaction. Kind of like kratos imapling a enemy with his own weapon in god of war. I know these are diff genres...but....I hope u guys know what I mean. When you guys are doing sooo much detail for even ground and AI vehicles. Whats the point if the biggest point of COMBAT doesn't seem satisfying. :(

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

A little off topic, but how will do helos vs fighters in visual range combat? If the helicopter hovers only, the radar guided missile can not distinguish it? Once I read that in a training fight, a single heli could handle three fighters only by flying in vertical. If Kamov will be armed with AA heat-seeking missiles, it can be dangerous opponent down low since it can really "turn on a dime" and hide behind the structures.

AFAIK, no, that's impossible. Radar missiles - track doppler. The helicopter's rotor - constant source of doppler. So if a helicopter does evade a radar missile, it's not because it can't see it.

NOTE: I am not sure if this applies to LOBS.

sigzk5.jpg

The Ka-50 will carry no A2A missiles - the real one doesn't, and with good reason: The only thing they're useful for is making you think you can actually do A2A ... you can't. Period. Heli v fighter = fighter wins.
Oh, good, then the Ka-50 will be no problem in missions... the USMCs AH-1W will hunt them down easily :thumbup:

cobras03qb6.th.jpg

and actually... any US produced helicopter can accommodate ADU-299 adapter with LAU-7 launcher, even the SH-60:

1193141vw1.th.jpg

BTW what's up with the AMASE pod on the US Army AH-64D ? Only Netherlands got those :huh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If a place needs helicopters, it's probably not worth visiting." - Nick Lappos

Have you by any chance wondered why only the USMC AH-1W is the only helicopter to actually equip air to air missiles, DESPITE the fact that the possibility -certainly- exists for other helicopters, but they don't use it? ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is not the only one to have a2a missile, it is the only one to fly operationally with Sidewinders. OH-58D, MH-60 and AH-64 use ATAS - shorter range, but twice the missile count.

The USMC AH-1W, just like the Taiwanese Super Cobras fly with Sidewinders simply because they usually do not have enough fighter jet cover... something I see all the time in this game :smilewink: .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If a place needs helicopters, it's probably not worth visiting." - Nick Lappos

I think I wasn't very clear. No other helicopter /equips/ air to air missiles - that means, even though they -are- available, they're never mounted on those aircraft. Operational requirements may of course change, but, AFAIK, the Ka-50 for one doesn't have the R-73 nor Igla-V integrated with its WCS anyway.

And yes, you're right. ;) So, if you're facing fighters, the best thing to do is hide ... as I said, AI fighters might be easy enough to deal with because the AI has no brains. But fly against a player with half a clue, you may well never see him, or you might only see him for a moment and then he'll be out of your engagement capability!

The life of a helicopter pilot in such an environment is tough! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]