F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

zhujiammy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They officially cancelled the F14 due to lack of interest

Darn it! that's it.... done... :lol:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

That's literally like one or two divs being off by 1px in IE6, but the customer definately wants it to look perfect in there as well or he isn't going to pay up otherwise. Takes ages to fix without breaking it in any of the other gazillion browsers. And yes, such retards still do exist today, those are very common actually #hardestbuckingworstpaidjobever

Same here... just that I didn't have my rig around in the holidays rdlaugh.png

Just one note: Winter is not going to be in the claws of the Cat when it arrives at Winter Wrap Up since Winter is just over by then rainbowdashwink.png

And even if it's gonna be later. I've yet to see a human being actually to fulfil his or her promises, mankind is totally incapable of doing so. Two weeks is something like 8 hours at the stick for me at the moment, not too much to worry about... don't blame HB, blame real life and and the never-satisfied society you have to deal with in there dealwithit.png

We get snow into April here in Ohio, so winter is over whenever Ohio says it's over.

I can smell the kitty coming faster & closer !!!
Stop eating beans and onions... ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Today?

I really hope you know something I don't...

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Considering Cobra promising everybody to notify them of the end of the pre-order in advance and the fact he just told us about compiling a release candidate, that usually needs to be checked by internal testers first, I would be baffled if they release the Tomcat this week... just my two cents.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Considering Cobra promising everybody to notify them of the end of the pre-order in advance and the fact he just told us about compiling a release candidate, that usually needs to be checked by internal testers first, I would be baffled if they release the Tomcat this week... just my two cents.

Unless he's decided to troll the player base right back haha

Edited by Horns
Changed tense

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

Unless he's decided to troll the player base right back haha

not going to happen. he said the team will be sitting down to decide on a release date and will then later tell us when that date is. The manual, which they said would be released well in advance, hasn't even been completed or passed out yet.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

not going to happen. he said the team will be sitting down to decide on a release date and will then later tell us when that date is. The manual, which they said would be released well in advance, hasn't even been completed or passed out yet.

I agree. I could just imagine Cobra sitting at his pc, thinking of the ways he’d like to mess with us, so I thought I’d share.

EDIT: In all seriousness, Cobra has been clear that he would give a lot of notice before the start of EA so people could buy knowing both the EA date and that they could get the discount. Apologies if my joke made it appear otherwise.

Edited by Horns
Added edit

Its in a hurry to get to you...

F-14+Tomcat+wallpaper+1.jpg

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

some people just dont understand, 21st march is the release date

Yeah - after reading the post about Heatblur wanting to make module as good as possible within the time they have left, it became quite obvious. HB would have probably been better off by saying that was the release date from the get go, would have saved them a couple of headaches maybe :D

And I got no objections F-14 coming out that date - I'd rather fly more finished module anyway.

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer

I'm sure it's going to be an aircraft that's loved by many but I hope Heatblur will let me refund my preorder. I got caught up in the hype train and just don't think this module is going to be a good fit for me.

I'm not an expert but I think "caught up in the hype train" isn't in the terms and conditions when you parted with your money? Again I am no expert so.......

All the best.

:thumbup:

I'm not an expert but I think "caught up in the hype train" isn't in the terms and conditions when you parted with your money? Again I am no expert so.......

All the best.

:thumbup:

It sounds a lot more like buyers remorse to me. The "Caught up in the hype train" excuse is what he is using to rationalize it to himself or someone close to him.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

I agree. I could just imagine Cobra sitting at his pc, thinking of the ways he’d like to mess with us, so I thought I’d share.

EDIT: In all seriousness, Cobra has been clear that he would give a lot of notice before the start of EA so people could buy knowing both the EA date and that they could get the discount. Apologies if my joke made it appear otherwise.

A lot of notice is running out. We are now at 8 weeks. :music_whistling:

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Yeah - after reading the post about Heatblur wanting to make module as good as possible within the time they have left, it became quite obvious. HB would have probably been better off by saying that was the release date from the get go, would have saved them a couple of headaches maybe :D

And I got no objections F-14 coming out that date - I'd rather fly more finished module anyway.

More or less this... There is a hard stop deadline, and if they get it out before then its a bonus IMO.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).