F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

zhujiammy

I hope you are not seriously annoyed and appalled. Again with the literation (Banal - Boring , Appalled - Annoyed) Assume you speak this way as well. Now that would become annoying. And nothing new age about me nor sensitive. All in good fun. Seriously, lighten up dude. Non of this is serious. On the other hand, if you truly are as you say - appalled - annoyed or offended. My apologies. Won't poke at you anymore.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really??Why??:cry:

For instance, they modeled the screws in the virtual cockpit to look rusty. While an F-14 cockpit should absolutely look heavily weathered from daily operations at rough sea, it doesn’t necessarily have to look like it is on its last flight headed to the graveyard.

I think they gathered some feedback on this from people who worked with the Tomcat back in the days and decided to dial it back a notch. It’s going to look fantastic.

For instance, they modeled the screws in the virtual cockpit to look rusty. While an F-14 cockpit should absolutely look heavily weathered from daily operations at rough sea, it doesn’t necessarily have to look like it is on its last flight headed to the graveyard.

I think they gathered some feedback on this from people who worked with the Tomcat back in the days and decided to dial it back a notch. It’s going to look fantastic.

I can understand polishing up some things before release but to me this would be something that could just be patched in rather than hold back for release.

I hope you are not seriously annoyed and appalled. Again with the literation (Banal - Boring , Appalled - Annoyed) Assume you speak this way as well. Now that would become annoying. And nothing new age about me nor sensitive. All in good fun. Seriously, lighten up dude. Non of this is serious. On the other hand, if you truly are as you say - appalled - annoyed or offended. My apologies. Won't poke at you anymore.

Not appalled by your strange attitude towards basic vocabulary, I mean, you do realize that Naval Officers are evaluated on communication skill and writing ability? I’m astonished by the general inability here of some to accept and deal with minor adversity.

The people here making threats and calling people fanboys ans such, seem very young and or very sheltered. Some say that it is the mindset of a generation used to instant gratification, unchallenging lives and throw away technology. I don’t know and don’t care, but there is no question that a lack of reasonable perspective is evident in these endless release date discussions. It makes them seem small.

Edited by Victory205

Viewpoints are my own.

Shows attention to detail. I like it.

I like the attention to detail as well, but if things like this are holding off EA i sorta question the importance of it. I can understand systems work and the rio spot, just not adjusting weathering of the air frame.

No but it is on the list of things they are working on at the moment. This thing is going to take some time to learn so at this point I am ready to sit down with the manual and start learning things. I do not expect it to be perfect day one.

No but it is on the list of things they are working on at the moment. This thing is going to take some time to learn so at this point I am ready to sit down with the manual and start learning things. I do not expect it to be perfect day one.

While the show-stoppers are being implemented/fixed, why not polish up the artwork if it needs it...

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I'm not having a go at anyone here, but please fellas, most of us have been eagerly waiting since 2015, when this module was first announced, for it to be released. It was supposed to come before December 2018 or so, but the HB guys couldn't meet that deadline, tough luck I guess. We are just a month and a half from their release date, even less, I mean, it isn't that bad, isn't it?

only 2 months to wait, give heatblur some cred guys, do you want a buggy mess, or release now, and constantly hit this forum with your childish complaints, you can never please some people.
Though I am not complaining, as Heatblur was pretty clear about the release window, my preference would have been a start of early access in mid December where I had two weeks to already try familiarisation with the flight model, basic carrier ops and flying around, even now I have more time to spare on weekends than I will have when the release window is coming to an end, so I had rather enjoyed to fly it, than to have a quick look and mostly shelve it, for a couple weeks or months, what is likely to happen now... but I don't blame Heatblur for that. :)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Once you have done de work, why not just giving an option to choose between more/less weathering so all people will be happy...I think the HB F-14 looks so good in fact because it looks properly weathered as oposed to the rest of the modules so "de-weathering" doesnt seem a good idea to me. Looking at used F-14 cockpits (pretty much all of them living in the sea) show how weathered they are so not sure why are they trying to remove part of that.

Take a look at my MODS here

Looking at used F-14 cockpits (pretty much all of them living in the sea) show how weathered they are so not sure why are they trying to remove part of that.

Because they overdid it a little bit. It is still going to look weathered like the work horse it was, don't worry.

Having rusty screws in a cockpit was always a no-go, no pilot would have flown with something like that, it's unrealistic, a former carrier repairman on hoggit noticed it as well.

Maintanance would have replaced those screws long ago.

Because they overdid it a little bit. It is still going to look weathered like the work horse it was, don't worry.

Having rusty screws in a cockpit was always a no-go, no pilot would have flown with something like that, it's unrealistic, a former carrier repairman on hoggit noticed it as well.

Maintanance would have replaced those screws long ago.

Ok, thanks, hope you are right and there is a lot of weathering where it should.

Take a look at my MODS here

You don’t believe that rusty screws are holding them up, do you?

That's literally like one or two divs being off by 1px in IE6, but the customer definately wants it to look perfect in there as well or he isn't going to pay up otherwise. Takes ages to fix without breaking it in any of the other gazillion browsers. And yes, such retards still do exist today, those are very common actually #hardestbuckingworstpaidjobever

Though I am not complaining, as Heatblur was pretty clear about the release window, my preference would have been a start of early access in mid December where I had two weeks to already try familiarisation with the flight model, basic carrier ops and flying around, even now I have more time to spare on weekends than I will have when the release window is coming to an end, so I had rather enjoyed to fly it, than to have a quick look and mostly shelve it, for a couple weeks or months, what is likely to happen now... but I don't blame Heatblur for that. :)

Same here... just that I didn't have my rig around in the holidays rdlaugh.png

Just one note: Winter is not going to be in the claws of the Cat when it arrives at Winter Wrap Up since Winter is just over by then rainbowdashwink.png

And even if it's gonna be later. I've yet to see a human being actually to fulfil his or her promises, mankind is totally incapable of doing so. Two weeks is something like 8 hours at the stick for me at the moment, not too much to worry about... don't blame HB, blame real life and and the never-satisfied society you have to deal with in there dealwithit.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Soon! :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

thx

thx

thx

hang in there bro, soon! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control