M-2000C Mid-life Overhaul

Zeus67

I think more or less everyone on ED forums are very patient compared to other games or sim titles. Some like to think that DCS does entitle a form of "holy grail freepass" where players are supposed to fork over 60-70$ and be quiet and grateful if bugs are eventually fixed.

The majority of DCS users are well behaved and giving constructive criticism all things considered. English forums are (in general) well moderated nowdays. The russian side actually has a much "tougher" climate.

I have a feeling that the people who, before a module is released, are like "release it already", "when is the release date???", "release it now!" are the very same people that complain about modules not being finished... "How about you stop developing modules before they're finished!"

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I don't share your feeling.

Most of the members I see (rightfully) complaining are the ones really involved into mastering their plane. I still fly the Mirage exclusively and the last few patches have been really annoying to say the least.

People with multiple planes can always switch to another plane when they're getting bored for whatever reason, but some of us are "stuck" with the chaotic developement of their plane.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

I have a feeling that the people who, before a module is released, are like "release it already", "when is the release date???", "release it now!" are the very same people that complain about modules not being finished... "How about you stop developing modules before they're finished!"

Still wasn't finished when they did declare it complete.

... and the engine sound. Please replace the current engine sound with something better. Thanks. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

The Mirage is awesome... I have all modern aircrafts and spend 95% of flights with it. So beautiful, so maneuverable. Sadly we can't have MICA to balance with others ones...

And a great THANK YOU to developers ! I remember the first release (I was so happy !) and you did a fantastic job since.

Last thing, I also actually run the sound mod to change after 2 year but the original sound is clearly most close to real M2000. I think a mix of two should be the best

Edited by paradox64

ROG Maximus XI Hero / i9-9900k @5Ghz / 32Gb DDR4 @3200Mhz / Samsung 960 Pro M.2 / RTX2080ti / Vive Pro / ROG 3440x1440

• 2 weeks later...
First updates will be available in January 2019.

It's 1st of March.

Mirage has received a couple of updates, but none of those were for the systems. Are there any news about MLO?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's 1st of March.

Mirage has received a couple of updates, but none of those were for the systems. Are there any news about MLO?

Asked that myself this week. But I am waiting for the Update today and lets see then...

1000 flights, 1000 crashes - perfect record

Hopefully we'll see the TWS bugfix by mid-march.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Come on. Their focus is on the most boring module to drop into dcs ever.

You mean the MiG-19??? Mot even close to the most boring module. Many people are looking forward to it

#nextvaeo

That's just harsh.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

You mean the MiG-19??? Mot even close to the most boring module. Many people are looking forward to it

That's just harsh.

Let me clarify, we already have the mig 15, the first mass produced jet mig, and the more advanced mig 21 that is multirole and its rain might span close to a century.

I understand that the dev team of the particular mig is a sub division of razbam and this is their first product, but it a dull module, offering very little that is not covered by the 2 other aircraft from other stables. It has no real suitable adversary, and currently doesn’t really have a spot in dcs.

Something like a mig 23 would be much better suited to DCS.

Point 2: razbam’s recent escapades on social media are well documented, as well as not having a single feature complete product on the market.

A long string of promises were made, none have come to fruition to date. The MLO for the mirage has been promised for close to a year yet we see little to no movement on a product that is quite old now.

Yet module after module is being teased and bragged about. A real sausage machine.

But this is just my opinion and you are well within your rights to disagree.

I for one (owning all other modules) will not be purchasing another razbam product until their ways change, and they finish a product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I for one (owning all other modules) will not be purchasing another razbam product until their ways change, and they finish a product.

+1 - I will buy it first, when the reviews are good and its on sale and AFTER my beloved M2000 is finally patched / got its well deserved MLO

1000 flights, 1000 crashes - perfect record

Let me clarify, we already have the mig 15, the first mass produced jet mig, and the more advanced mig 21 that is multirole and its rain might span close to a century.

Because you don't find it interesting doesn't mean everyone thinks the same. Is the Super Sabre anything close to the Sabre?

No sir. The MiG-15 and MiG-19 may look similar but they are nowhere near identical. You're comparing a sub-sonic aircraft with a supersonic one, which is a whole different ball game when it comes to aerodynamics. The cockpits may look similar, but once again they are much different under the hood.

For me, the MiG-19 fills a gap in a period in aviation where designs were still experimental and aircraft were temperamental to the point where pilots died on a regular basis just flying them. Among the interceptor speed craze of the 60's, the Farmer in itself is an interesting concept: use the manoeuverability of a MiG-15 and add supersonic capabilities with afterburning engines. The Americans learned the hard way in Vietnam that the MiG-17 could still bite after all.

So... for me, the MiG-19 is a completely unique product and I am eager to get some stick time in it.

I understand that the dev team of the particular mig is a sub division of razbam and this is their first product, but it a dull module, offering very little that is not covered by the 2 other aircraft from other stables. It has no real suitable adversary, and currently doesn’t really have a spot in dcs.

Something like a mig 23 would be much better suited to DCS.

Point 2: razbam’s recent escapades on social media are well documented, as well as not having a single feature complete product on the market.

A long string of promises were made, none have come to fruition to date. The MLO for the mirage has been promised for close to a year yet we see little to no movement on a product that is quite old now.

Yet module after module is being teased and bragged about. A real sausage machine.

But this is just my opinion and you are well within your rights to disagree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Completely agree! :thumbup:

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Agree as well,

not happy at all with the way things are being handled by Razbam.Will not buy further products until something seriously changes and the Mirage gets its MLO which is long overdue.

Also despite the various official statements to the contrary I don‘t buy the

-multiple, separate developement teams- argument at all.

It seems to me they are already bogged down completely with the modules they released so far , no to speak of the tons of stuff they tout coming down the pipeline.Really cant see them delivering on all of that in a professional complete manner.

Contrary to what stated in their videos in regard to „ the Mirage was there first...so it gets updated/overhauled first..“ we now see system work done on the AV-8 and the mirage again, nothing but cosmetic optics..

Sorry if this seems like a ranting , but really am disappointed by Razbam right now .

Of course in the end its their business model and they can proceed as they like but I will not be buying in the future unless their released modules get finally fixed.

Regards,

Snappy

Edited by Snappy

Agree as well,

not happy at all with the way things are being handled by Razbam.Will not buy further products until something seriously changes and the Mirage gets its MLO which is long overdue.

Also despite the various official statements to the contrary I don‘t buy the

-multiple, separate developement teams- argument at all.

It seems to me they are already bogged down completely with the modules they released so far , no to speak of the tons of stuff they tout coming down the pipeline.Really cant see them delivering on all of that in a professional complete manner.

Contrary to what stated in their videos in regard to „ the Mirage was there first...so it gets updated/overhauled first..“ we now see system work done on the AV-8 and the mirage again, nothing but cosmetic optics..

Sorry if this seems like a ranting , but really am disappointed by Razbam right now .

Of course in the end its their business model and they can proceed as they like but I will not be buying in the future unless their released modules get finally fixed.

Regards,

Snappy

+1 ---> same for me

PC: Intel Core i7-12700K| Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4| 2x 32GB DDR4 Kingston Fury Beast (KF436C18BBAK2/64)| PowerColor RX 6800 XT Red Devil| 3x SSD-Drive (one for DCS only)| 3x HDD-Drive| Cougar Panzer Max| custom water cooling| Fedora Linux| Windows 11|

Gear: Meta Quest 3| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS| MFG Crosswind v2| Leap motion controller|