[REPORTED] Spitfire propeller with motion smoothing/ASW

Reflected

Not sure if this archive is right Gavagai. The files need to go into the SpitfireIX.zip folder in here:

\CoreMods\WWII Units\SpitfireLFMkIX\Textures\

The new zip is 51mb because we have to keep everything else in that zip file in addition to the changes. The forum will not let me upload it here.

Here it is on google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7rJZYGbtCMXZjBBSzVHV0hQdE0/view?usp=sharing

Edited by gavagai

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps it is possible to just do the same trick as for the terrain mods? Have a folder name the same as the zip file and just have the modded dds files in there and they will be loaded in preference to those in the zip file?

<edit> yes it does seem to work doing a quick test and also this allows easy use of JSGME

Edited by Stonehouse

Honestly I just gave this mod a shot, maybe its my rig - but I see better FPS with the stock propeller textures... might just be my setup, will need to do some research. I do use a GTX 1070 8GB on an i7 with 32GB DDR4 RAM, so I'm... I dunno.

I'll whip up a no-normals cockpit texture set and see what that does. FPS hit appears to only really happen when the sun is low on the horizon and DCS is computing a ton of shadow work. It ALSO seems that 1.5 is STILL behind the performance curve on handling shadows and graphics smoothness overall vs. 2.0, maybe thats just me...

Honestly I just gave this mod a shot, maybe its my rig - but I see better FPS with the stock propeller textures... might just be my setup, will need to do some research. I do use a GTX 1070 8GB on an i7 with 32GB DDR4 RAM, so I'm... I dunno.

I'll whip up a no-normals cockpit texture set and see what that does. FPS hit appears to only really happen when the sun is low on the horizon and DCS is computing a ton of shadow work. It ALSO seems that 1.5 is STILL behind the performance curve on handling shadows and graphics smoothness overall vs. 2.0, maybe thats just me...

Similar performance for me as well both with and without mod, on GTX780, at least in mid-day conditions. Seems to be dependent on hardware and settings, but as long as it helps some guys out there, it's worth doing.

1.5 doesn't utilize gfx card as well as 2.0 does, even my old one, but I doubt anyone's going to loose sleep over it with 2.5 coming up soon anyway.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Similar performance for me as well both with and without mod, on GTX780, at least in mid-day conditions. Seems to be dependent on hardware and settings, but as long as it helps some guys out there, it's worth doing.

Without the mod at maximum zoom 40-45 fps anywhere and if I use the mod I got a constant 60fps.

Apply pls it to a texture the cockpit Tyger was definitely an additional bonus boost.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

I set affinity to 2 cores, and my FPS picked up a bit.

• Like 1

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

After updating the mod with the latest 1.5.6 is not compatible. Performance of the propeller was already fixed.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

• 1 month later...
After updating the mod with the latest 1.5.6 is not compatible. Performance of the propeller was already fixed.

Not really :( I still get around 10 FPS less in the Spitfire than in any other plane, including the MIG-21. 20-30 in the Spit on the ground, 30-40 in other planes. Much more in the air.

EDIT: as soon as I look away from the prop, my FPS jumps. Can we please have the option to have a prop like the Mustang? I think it's much more realistic too.

Specs: i7-920 @ 3.2, 16GB RAM, WIN7 64, GTX950 2GB

Edited by Reflected

• 3 weeks later...

I too lose a lot of FPS in the Spitfire when the prop is in view, slows to <25fps with lots of stutter during the instant action dogfight mission -whereas P-51 and Dora are fine with a lot of fighters in the air - FPS high enough for me to not care about FPS!

My rig isn't the most modern by today's standards, but it still performs well enough in all other DCS modules, jets especially, at 1080p.

Hopefully this will be fixed. They fixed the FPS drop in the P-51 when the guns are fired, so I'm sure they'll sort this too.

Fractal Define R4 Case | Core i7-9700K @ 4.9GHz| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi | Gigabyte RTX3080 Gaming OC 12GB | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD (OS) | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (DCS) | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (Steam library) | 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD | Corsair 750W Gold PSU | Corsair H60 Hydro Series CPU Cooler | [TrackIR 5 unused] | Meta Quest Pro | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Win 10 Home 64-bit | Asus PG348Q 34" 3440x1440 Monitor | Bose Companion 3 2.1 Sound

Hi,

in the module of DCS 2.1 is the fault of the rearview mirror is showing nothing, yet eating unnecessarily performance.

I made a mod that mirrors actually turns off just for the Spitfire and you don't have to globally turn off in the settings.

JSGME File: https://uloz.to/!euOGmmiHPpvU/spitfire-rearview-mirror-off-rar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...