banned member?

Jessica Biel frowns upon you.

jessicabielworkoutplanao8.jpg

who the h**l is Jessica Biel? :huh:

She apears in "Stealth" film...but before that "landscape" WHO CARES?!! :D

I think the bans are fruit of frustration. There has been alot of frustration going on in the community, wich translate into alot of naggin posts. Everybody is frustrated including MOD's. After all they are only human and may get into people just like everybody else do all over the boards. I confess its getting into me as well. I have been finding other interests, and not comming back as often as I used to, not only due to my busier life but because I find less and less reasons to prioritise LOMAC into my scarce free time when I got so much I can do in it.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

the 120 is already partialy unporked in BS. It could be enough to prevent frustration of missing all 8 missiles on 1 target sortie after sortie. To me its enough... for now.

My PC specs below:

yeah, we need the Sidewinder fixed as well. Im using Sparrows for the same role. :eek:

My PC specs below:

Do not go off topic on this one, guys, you're hiding from the real discussion here. If you start banning people like Iguanaking, you are banning a whole community. There is a BIG unease about where this product line is going and ED neither the mods have found a decent way to communicate about it. Will we do Red Flag IV with choppers or what?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The worst thing that happens is that some very interesting parts of deleted threads go away as a collateral damage. I do not question mods decisions, I just think there is room for them to do a better job keeping the forum under control, but saving all the valuable info. There IS a split option ;)

And to show that I'm not just naggin', I even volunteer to do the job :) (of a mod with just split/move permit)

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

I don't know why moderator banned these users, but I know something that people we must stick to the forum rules. I got the same warn from Alfa and quickly resized my signature.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

At first I wasn't even sure if I should write a reply in this post, and I'm aware that I might be stepping on some toes here, but I couldn't resist. So here goes.

Why does this thread even exist (yes, I know that I'm adding to it by answering)? Not to play a mod or anything (I thank whatever gods I have left that I'm not, since I'd go postal 18 times per day), but is forum-moderation discussable? Last time I checked, the Internet, and this forum, wasn't a democracy, and freedom of speech doesn't exist in a private forum like this actually is. You can say what you want, but don't expect to not have a mod drop a 2000lbs JDAM on you if you break the rules. That's the way of things.

Yes, frustrations are easy to come by. As all of us know, there's frustrations all around us in general and in Lock On more specifically. Sucky day + stress + being edgy from lack of sleep/sex/food/beer/good weather/money/peace&quiet/whatever + forum-post read the wrong way or written the wrong way = mental Kaboomery. Many, myself included, aren't always on-topic and constructive when posting stuff, and sometimes we push the envelope too hard. Sometimes we also fire off broadsides randomly because we're angry. For that we get a slap over the hands, or in some cases: a boot to the head (aka ban). Unfair? That depends on the point of view. In the end, what we as users of this forum actually feel about getting banned/having other people getting banned/general rules/forum moderation is, quite frankly, irrelevant. The mods/owners make the rules, and when we signed up we accepted the terms of use and thus also the rules as they are.

The general feel of the forum has lately become, at least to me, more hostile and on-edge. People have strong opinions about how and what direction both LO:FC and BS should take, which doesn't always coincide with what other members, or the devs/mods feel. Thus triggering angry responses and in some cases flaming. Even though we don't NEED to do this, we sometimes do because of frustration. And get banned for it. Sometimes with reason, sometimes without (to us, that is).

My point is pretty much this (I'm long-winded, I know. Someone tell me to shut the hell up): That we get banned/get warnings is our own damn fault, and there's not much to do about it than to step away from the computer when/if anger/frustration grow to uncontrollable proportions. Nothing good will come of it. Bitching about it is about as useful, as I've said earlier, as taking a piss in your pants in the dead of winter to keep warm.

There are things they could fix that seem like it wouldn't be to hard...like unpork the 120. But spending all this time on things that are less important things to 90% of the people that fly and neglecting the important stuff that really counts.

Those things that are less important to 90% of the people that fly are quite possibly the 90% of the things that will allow ED to give out patches/new software. If you were the Boss who has to answer to the shareholders, what would you pick? Spending money you don't neccesarily have, or making money? Besides, are you so sure of how easy it is to fix these issues?

• Like 1

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

Whoa, IK got banned?

I guess I missed the bitter end of that thread then . . . . bits I saw he seemed OK.

Things do seem to be degenerating rather - a clear statement from ED could help a bit.

Fundamentally, though, Black Shark's the future and that's what they're working on. Every week they'd spend on a patch for FC, every week the Beta Testers would spend testing it, every week ED would spend tweaking the patch . . . . that's a week they can't work on FC. You can't split the development and testing effort in two.

Did I gather that the Blue Force won Red Flag, by the way?

I haven't been keeping up, but that implies that both FC and the F-15 work well enough to be enjoyable and even still win . . . . for any more realism the F-15 guys will just have to be patient. As will the guys who want the Ka50 . . . .

Did I gather that the Blue Force won Red Flag, by the way?

I haven't been keeping up, but that implies that both FC and the F-15 work well enough to be enjoyable and even still win . . . .

BlueFor fortunate to secure Victory this time, yes.

F-15's on Both Sides. RF 02 won by RedFor with amongst others Flights of F-15's so the Eagle Drivers are definitely performing :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Okay okay, here's what I think. Yes STFU and instead of discussing the Pythagorean Theorum of somebody getting banned, what do you propose as a solution? Have the moderators here be more accountable? For what? From what I notice everytime about banning threads, it's the same crap same and same again "Oh he got banned because of no reason" Okay, the obvious solution, Moderators, is to start letting it be known that they're crossing the line, rather than all of a sudden warning levels appear on your profile here. Half the problem is that you don't take the time so say "Hey guy, watch yourself or you're gonna be banned/warning level will increase." That's pretty much 90% of the complaining here. While in a sense he who controls the forum controls much of the opinion, the poor masses do have a say dollar-wise, and that's what's going to hurt. Sure we can't have posters running amok legitimately out of control, but you gotta realize some of the people that got nixed, won't buy the product due to the handling of the forums, and they didn't get an explanation why (Of course obvious out of controlism needs to be stomped quick). If anything PMing the offender is better than nothing. It keeps these retarded threads from going on and on and on.

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

Wish we could see the figures for BS when it comes out then. Price they spent making it vs what they get back. BS has been "in the making" for how long now. And if it's a stand alone when it comes out :tomato:

Agree on that one, yeah. Would be very interesting to see :beer:

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

....BS has been "in the making" for how long now...

'Lest not Forget that Black Shark was shelved for a Jolly Good While due to the work carried out for the USNG - all that time now stands to be made up.

On the other Hand I would Kill for monthly Progress/Dev reports, even superficial broad summaries of progress to date so that I can at least satisfy myself that the end is in sight :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

On the other Hand I would Kill for monthly Progress/Dev reports, even superficial broad summaries of progress to date so that I can at least satisfy myself that the end is in sight :)

Actually, this could be a good idea. But instead of the devs, why not one of the beta testers, given ED's permission of course.

Actually, this could be a good idea. But instead of the devs, why not one of the beta testers, given ED's permission of course.

That would be up to ED - personally I would have NO Problem receiving updates from ED through an appointed representative (beta tester).

Who knows - might go a long way to quelling any "winds of unrest/uncertainty" that seems to be blowing through the Forum :)

Just a Thought.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guys ... remember, Matt still has an announcement to make. Please wait until it's made, it shouldn't be horribly long, I think (but then, that's an assumption on my part)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda