[Later in Early Access] Lightning on Fuselage

RavenFrost

The cheek-station will be implemented, too.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

The F/A-18C will ultimately have two flavors of targeting pod, the LITENING and the ATFLIR, with LITENING just being the first one implemented. Not sure if the LITENING can be cheek mounted? Unsure though. I know it's typically centerlined IRL. ATFLIR, the second targeting pod, is planned and will be cheek mountable definitely.

here you go

The F/A-18C will ultimately have two flavors of targeting pod, the LITENING and the ATFLIR, with LITENING just being the first one implemented. Not sure if the LITENING can be cheek mounted? Unsure though. I know it's typically centerlined IRL. ATFLIR, the second targeting pod, is planned and will be cheek mountable definitely.

50927977_2207418202635909_2847319491954606080_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQmMK-j54mZfaqqRl9zaMYbzflUeRMdaMpBjBFEyEEDo45zUU7V4qoeHd0xlQOSHqZQ&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=e096b02f5b665dc8cd1da88af9bf1f98&oe=5DC886A3

BTW, Why cheek when a squad mate calls it waist and I do not know what the hell he is talking about and he refuses to clarify because it is not obvious at all?

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

• 2 weeks later...
50927977_2207418202635909_2847319491954606080_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQmMK-j54mZfaqqRl9zaMYbzflUeRMdaMpBjBFEyEEDo45zUU7V4qoeHd0xlQOSHqZQ&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=e096b02f5b665dc8cd1da88af9bf1f98&oe=5DC886A3

If that's the case why would a former USMC Hornet pilot say otherwise?

Wasn't it ultimately discredited that the USMC never used pod adaptors for cheek stations for thier Litening 2? only foreign users doing so like SPain for EG?

Some responses that clarified the situation from a former USMC pilot.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3951701&postcount=29

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3952636&postcount=33

Thats this guy

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/21790/f-a-18-pilot-gives-incredibly-detailed-instructions-on-how-to-actually-land-on-a-carrier

SO question being in spite of objections from an actual pilot, why IS ED still going ahead and adding an apparently non appropriate feature for the year and military branches ( USN/USMC circa 2005 ) of a given Hornet version they are simulating?

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

It's a skin i made for fun sometimes ago, i can send it to you if you want

Sorry for the delay.

I would love to if you don´t mind, can you send me please?

Cheers!

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 1 month later...

Makes sense, I don’t understand why everyone wants this feature. ATFLIR is the better pod and only mounts on 4. So either way you’ll get a lpod on either 4 or 5. Don’t know where the fascination with LITENING specifically on 4 comes from.

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Makes sense, I don’t understand why everyone wants this feature. ATFLIR is the better pod and only mounts on 4. So either way you’ll get a lpod on either 4 or 5. Don’t know where the fascination with LITENING specifically on 4 comes from.
I agree. Actually when ATFLIR becomes available I would mount it on the center if its possible because I don't wanna lose one AIM-120. Most of missions in MP don't require you to stay long in the air and I never feel the need to do some AAR. Better fuel management is all you need.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

I don't think anyone cares specifically about the LITENING going on a cheek, but for me the ability to put a pod on a cheek, even though not 100% accurate, opens up the ability to fly double ugly carrier ops with a loadout that's much closer to common real-world loads. Using the LITENING is just a stop-gap while waiting on the ATFLIR.

• 3 months later...
  • ED Team
So now we’re saying it is realistic after all?? Haha

No not at all, not for the Hornet we are modelling, but this is being done as a gameplay option, and the ability to emulate other nations. You dont have to use it if you dont want, its simply an option.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

No not at all, not for the Hornet we are modelling, but this is being done as a gameplay option, and the ability to emulate other nations. You dont have to use it if you dont want, its simply an option.

Oh ok I understand, that’s reasonable. Thanks for the clarification!

To free up another weapons station . With a belly-mounted Litening , i can only carry 4 Mavf's . Cheek mounting allows the carriage of a couple bombs as well , giving 50% more ka-boom .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

To free up another weapons station . With a belly-mounted Litening , i can only carry 4 Mavf's . Cheek mounting allows the carriage of a couple bombs as well , giving 50% more ka-boom .

Yeah I know, it’s just that ATFLIR Is the better pod. The real benefit for station 4 is that you can use the pod in counter air missions for visual IDs, AND carry a centerline tank at the same time. Which is important because the hornet has short legs.

Yeah I know, it’s just that ATFLIR Is the better pod. The real benefit for station 4 is that you can use the pod in counter air missions for visual IDs, AND carry a centerline tank at the same time. Which is important because the hornet has short legs.

This I can't wait for. Well worth sacrificing 1 AMRAAM for I think!

Im not sure about that ATFLIR is better than litening...and I don't care to be honest. I just want full operational TGP who can be mounted on the cheek. Gotcha?

So why the community pressure ed into forcing litening 2 on such a station instead of waiting for the atflir which so is to be mounted on cheek station 4, by the usn and usmc? It was always a matter of when rather than if for a tgp option for station 4 considering the atflir was always going to be a thing.

Are people so impatient to a tgp on cheek asap? We should be happy that we have a tgp to begin with, and even then I am much more anticipating tgp functionality such as working with HUD and jhmcs and auto lasing.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

So why the community pressure ed into forcing litening 2 on such a station instead of waiting for the atflir which so is to be mounted on cheek station 4, by the usn and usmc? It was always a matter of when rather than if for a tgp option for station 4 considering the atflir was always going to be a thing.

Are people so impatient to a tgp on cheek asap? We should be happy that we have a tgp to begin with, and even then I am much more anticipating tgp functionality such as working with HUD and jhmcs and auto lasing.

Yes , for the reason indicated . No telling when we'll get ATFLIR . In fact , i think ED's reversal may be an indication that that ATFLIR may yet be quite some way out .

I'm also looking forward to the HUD interface .

I move mud in VR , so the targeting pod is a godsend ,, and the more functionality ED brings to them , the better .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Im not sure about that ATFLIR is better than litening...and I don't care to be honest. I just want full operational TGP who can be mounted on the cheek. Gotcha?

It’s better then the version of LITENING we have in game, for lots of reasons. Chief among them is: it’s rated for CATOBAR operations. LITENING is not.