Problems Firing Laser with Trigger

flyco

I am not sure whether it is just my stick or a bug, but when I want to lase, and press and hold the trigger fully on, the LTD stops lasing after about 1 second. If I just hold the trigger half-way (i.e first press), this doesn't seem to happen.

Is anyone lese experiencing something, similar or is it my Warthog Stick that has a fault?

Sounds like you've bound both trigger stages of the Warthog stick to the second trigger stage in DCS. Can you check if that's the case?

Also, I too think that the first trigger stage should fire the laser.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• ED Team

It should be on and off with the trigger press however some users are seeing different.

Some users are having to press and hold the trigger.

This will hopefully be fixed for the next patch.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

For me it's just one press (2nd trigger), I don't need to keep holding the trigger to lase (TM F/A 18 grip with either TMWH or Virpil's WarBRD base both exhibit same behavior).

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

I am having the same issue. When I lase the target with the TGP and slew/lock the mawerick seeker to it, I press and hold the laser (trigger) untill I get a Mav Launch cue on the HUD.

Problem is, when I press the launch button, Maverick won't launch (I still keep the trigger/laser pressed).

It's driving me crazy to be honest...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

I am having the same issue. When I lase the target with the TGP and slew/lock the mawerick seeker to it, I press and hold the laser (trigger) untill I get a Mav Launch cue on the HUD.

Problem is, when I press the launch button, Maverick won't launch (I still keep the trigger/laser pressed).

It's driving me crazy to be honest...

:megalol: Calm donw man, Im sure that you`re just forgot to pres cage/uncage button for MavE. If you dont uncage MavE seeker, it cant find where the spot is. Thats it.

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

^^Once the TGP locked on to the target I did just that. The Mav seeker was uncaged and it slew directly onto the TGP diamond/locked on to the target. I even get a launch cue on the HUD (while holding the lase/trigger) but once I hit the weapon launch button, nothing happens...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

^^Once the TGP locked on to the target I did just that. The Mav seeker was uncaged and it slew directly onto the TGP diamond/locked on to the target. I even get a launch cue on the HUD (while holding the lase/trigger) but once I hit the weapon launch button, nothing happens...

Don't know what hotas you are using but I had the same issue with my x52. All my programming is done through software. I had to delete trigger function in software and bind it ingame leaving weapons release to the software. Now it works for me.

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

Don't know what hotas you are using but I had the same issue with my x52. All my programming is done through software. I had to delete trigger function in software and bind it ingame leaving weapons release to the software. Now it works for me.

Apparently, I had the same issue with Target software for TM Warthog. Thanks for the tip, it works now!????

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

For me it's just one press (2nd trigger), I don't need to keep holding the trigger to lase (TM F/A 18 grip with either TMWH or Virpil's WarBRD base both exhibit same behavior).

I wish it worked that way for me. I'm getting cramp trying to hold in the TM Hornet stick 2nd detente trigger in for that long!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I have solved some of my problems with the Gun Trigger and toggling LTD on/off. I had both first and second pressures enabled. With just pressure 1 enabled, the LTD toggles on and off with a single press - there is no need to hold the trigger throughout the flight of the Maverick.

However, I am still getting Mavericks missing the target with the laser on and the solid square showing in the centre of the Mav Graticule.

There also appears to be no input assignment for any of the three Sensor Panels inputs - presumably these will come in time.

For laser guided bombing i have set the trigger to my EAC switch on the warthog throttle. So there is no need to hold a button or the trigger until the impact of the bomb. And i can switch to the weapons view without losing the laser firing.

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A| Case: Thermaltake Overseer RX-I | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 80+ GOLD, 1300W| Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | CPU: Intel Core i9 9900KS @5 GHz | CPU-Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Tower Cooler | RAM: 32GB G.Skill F4-4133C17-8GTZR | GPU:NVIDIA GeForce RTX4090 OC 24GB |SSD: Samsung SSD 860 M.2 1TB | Keyboard: Logitech G110 | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Gaming Devices: Hotas WW Orion 2 Stick&Throttle, Thrustmaster MFD, Pimax Crystal, Stream Deck XL

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It should be on and off with the trigger press however some users are seeing different.

Some users are having to press and hold the trigger.

This will hopefully be fixed for the next patch.

thanks

I understood Wags' instructions we have to hold the trigger until impact to lase... but I might be wrong (and have no access to DCS at the moment) twi-notbad.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• ED Team
I understood Wags' instructions we have to hold the trigger until impact to lase... but I might be wrong (and have no access to DCS at the moment) twi-notbad.png

Yes, but some users are seeing a latch on / off this should be fixed in the next patch

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Sometimes I have to hold the trigger, and sometimes I don't...not sure why.

The difference appears to be that when using white hot the laser latches and black hot it doesn't. I haven't tried lasing in CCD mode so I don't know what the behavior is there. I also don't know what the correct behavior is supposed to be.

I latched a point tracked a moving tank. Pickled a GBU-12. Latched laser on in white-hot and got a hit.

Can someone else try to replicate?

Im getting the same with my VKB kosmosima grip. I get nothing at first trigger and it just latches on when I press to 2nd point and it just stays on.

Sometimes I have to hold the trigger, and sometimes I don't...not sure why.

same here!!:smilewink:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

• 2 weeks later...

I had to press it once in my first tries now, used WH as well.

The bigger problem though was that LTD/R switch always spring loading back from ARM to the center position, basically killing off the laser designator when I did absolutely not need that thing to go off for whatever reason...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I had to press it once in my first tries now, used WH as well.

The bigger problem though was that LTD/R switch always spring loading back from ARM to the center position, basically killing off the laser designator when I did absolutely not need that thing to go off for whatever reason...

I've only known the side panel switch spring back like that if you haven't got A/G master mode selected.