Would you want ANY heavy aircraft modules for DCS?

Wing

Would you want ANY heavy aircraft modules for DCS?  

597 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want ANY heavy aircraft modules for DCS?

My dream when it comes to heavies is to get a Vietnam-era MC-130E. The MC-130E is able to do all kinds of things from aerial refueling of other aircraft and helicopters, to getting refueled herself by boom tankers, performing recon/surveillance, dropping bombs, airborne insertion, Fulton surface-to-air extractions, supply drops; you name it. Most of these roles would be carried out behind enemy lines. A Vietnam-era MC-130E shouldn't be overly classified afaik, it was mostly a pimped out Hercules with FLIR, more countermeasures and an A-G radar, all of which was used to fly special operations missions. It's area of use is endless, and it's missions would be more varied than any other aircraft currently in DCS!

Also, for all you people complaining about the maps being to small: Do you think everyone who flies the 777 in civilian sims has to do 16 hour flights around the globe to get enjoyment out of it? You can have just as much fun in any of the DCS theaters, especially when being chased by fighter aircraft. :thumbup:

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

It's 4 to 1 in favor of heavies atm. While the forum is a small population, polls become statistically significant after a few dozen people. I'd say safely there is substantial interest in larger aircraft, though it seems a lot of people share my concerns about forays into ultra large and/or crew intensive aircraft.

Using the other poll as reference as it has nearly the same number of participants (probably most of the same people), the notion of heavies is well received in general, while a majority are opposed to the B-52 specifically.

Forum polls are rather useless. It’s a vote by 132 people out of 83,962 members who themselves are a tiny fraction of the number of game owners or potential buyers.

And forum members don’t really represent the average buyer, they’re all enthusiasts.

There’s they way these polls are worded “Do you want X”? Well most people will be in favor of wanting something if there’s no choice or lost opportunity. If the poll was worded “Would you rather have a B-52 or an F-16” the results would be much different.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

I want to see a 737 where multiple players can work as cabin crew, pushing the food, serving drinks and if someone wants to see some action, then try to persuade a drunk to put their seat belts on and from trying to pinch you from the rear....

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Forum polls are rather useless. It’s a vote by 132 people out of 83,962 members who themselves are a tiny fraction of the number of game owners or potential buyers.

And forum members don’t really represent the average buyer, they’re all enthusiasts.

There’s they way these polls are worded “Do you want X”? Well most people will be in favor of wanting something if there’s no choice or lost opportunity. If the poll was worded “Would you rather have a B-52 or an F-16” the results would be much different.

They're not ''rather useless''. I get your point, these are enthusiasts, but it's a representative amount. Statistically 100+ people out of a core group like that is a relevant sample. Regardless, it still indicates people ARE interested in the idea. 'National' polls typically only involve a few hundred to a few thousand samples randomly taken from around the country, and that's 350,000,000 people in the US, but nobody pretends they're not accurate representations. DCS is a few thousand, meaning that 100+ people is a much larger portion of the population, ergo still valid.

And yes, people will always vote for their personal favorites in a given list, but as I just said, while the B-52 was panned for a variety of reasons, heavies in general were not. So, no people don't necessarily automatically vote to include more stuff, or the B-52 wouldn't have been rejected so soundly.

• Like 1

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Forum polls are rather useless.

They're always useless when the great unwashed prefer something you don't, aren't they? So bring on the heavies, please! And a carpload of Cessnas too, because it'll annoy Sharpe the most :harhar:

• Like 1

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

A Lufthansa 737 please. I'd sure grab some of that free Warsteiner.

I think you would have better luck requesting the military versions of the 737 like the KC-46 Pegasus or P-8 Poseidon. Then you could just reskin it with a

Lufthansa skin. :smilewink:

2019-06-13-kc-46-960.jpg

I think you would have better luck requesting the military versions of the 737 like the KC-46 Pegasus or P-8 Poseidon. Then you could just reskin it with a

Lufthansa skin. :smilewink:

That is not a 737 - frankentanker is mostly based off a 767. Not the best aircraft to want in game given it's ( being polite ) troubled introduction to service.

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

C17 would be nice. Could drop AI units into combat to take control of airfields and setup FOBs? Of course this could also be done by a GCI or similar oversight role and remove the need to fly the heavy at all. Plus the thing about a heavy, are any of the maps big enough to require this, and if they were eventually big enough, wouldn't that make the air combat a little too spread out?

Edited by Idle_Wild

From the point of view of entertainment, I think it would be nice to have a plane of big tonnage, transport and fuel refueling. At first, one of medium size capable of taking off from the aircraft carrier, in DCS there are already. refueling also to other airplanes of the same type that supply other planes. For example two AV 8 I think could be stocked, or two F 18 but I'm not sure I should read up better. I would start from an S 3 Viking or if we want a plane soviet a Su 24 equipped with special pods can refuel other aircraft. A cockpit with a simple extra key, the one that enables the outflow of the refueling tank.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]My dream: DCS Tornado

A heavy, please

Thank you for bringing up this topic. Before this thread existed I noticed thinking quite often that it would be such a joy to fly a heavy in DCS - particularly the legendary C-130 - I was thinking. Now being inspired of this thread I got really excited of the C-2, mixing carrier ops in the equation.

Honestly, if anyone provided anything in heavy category with a quality and detail level let's say F-5 I would just buy it and love it.

I'd like a C-130 for the cargo operations/paratroop deployment. With all the trimmings. Pomme frites... That is like captain sims C-130 with the load master sheet, the effects of cargo on CG/handling, and animated paratroops/ cargo drops with parachutes and cargo hold camera <3 <3 <3

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.