Militariy Aircraft Mod

I placed them in the MAM folder after first renaming the ones that were there already. Now, after telling the tanker that I wish to rejoin, he extends his basket normally but after telling him that I am ready for pre-contact, to which he replies, "cleared pre-contact", my probe just passes through the basket as if it were not there. The only thing that remains "normal" is the tanker's fear of my getting too close - "BREAK AWAY, BREAK AWAY!!".  😄  I am doing this in a Hornet if that is significant.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Urbi, I have tried everything I can think of but nothing seems to work. The basket cannot be engaged by the probe of the Hornet. It just goes right through and more often than not, ends up in my lap LOL! Thanks for the help anyway. Cheers Mate!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Regarding the KC-10.  What I did in the past is to make my wingman tank first (the AI were able to last time I tried, some time ago...)  then when it's apparent he's taking fuel, pause and examine the AI pilots probe position closely.  As someone stated its off by a few feet so takes a bit imaginative vision to get it.  I was able to get the contact call after much jousting, pausing and screenshotting the cockpit views to nail a couple reference points.  Then the tanker went into a turn and I gave up.....

good luck!

Yes, regarding the KC10 drogue tanker , have your wingman tank from the basket first and note the offset when he is "connected".  Pause the sim at that point and take few screenshots from numerous angles.  Its been some time, but I think the spot was a few feet behind and to the right of the the basket.....

• 2 weeks later...

Ok this all got me interested in the KC10 Drogue again, I decided to dig in and think I got it sorted finally.  

First off here are the coordinates for the drogue as reported by DCS modelviewer.  Modify your KC10_Extender_D.lua file with these values.  I commented out  (add -- in front of the line) the originals and inserted mine right below them.

Now....its still a little tricky but at least the probe will contact the drogue in the right place.

Here's what I find and its working:

1. The probe contacts the drogue in the proper location now and you get two calls "Contact" followed right away by "Breakaway".  

2. Once that happens DONT LOOK AT THE BASKET, as it will slowly appear to creep away.  Get a good sight picture, fix it in place.  No /minimal relative movements and HOLD THAT POSITION.  

3.  Disregard the basket.  It will start to creep away slowly and you get the call "You're taking fuel" DONT CHASE THE BASKET. 

4.  The basket will slowly creep back and forth to your probe but DONT FOLLOW IT, hold you sight picture and you'll keep taking fuel. 

Here's my sight pictures and demonstration of the ready precontact, contact and taking fuel views I hold. Note the fuel total increasing.  I've done it 3 times now and works each time holding  position by focusing on the area I've circled in red.  You will likely need to find your own points, everyone's viewpoints will differ....

Cant stress this enough DONT LOOK AT THE BASKET

refueling points.JPG

ready pre contact.JPG

Contact.JPG

taking fuel.JPG

taking fuel 2.JPG

Edited by Reccelow
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, EA-18G_BlockII said:

Looks like someone make a better V-22 mod which have full VTOL transfer animation, worth checking out

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lc3mndm9plxyffg/Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Beta V2.8.0.zip?dl=0

Wow, thanks!

Where did you find this link? Is there a forum thread to follow for development?

Edited by HawaiianRyan

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, crazyeddie said:

Recent game update (Oct 20th 23) has really screwed up the A400m Textures/edm.  Have not figured out why, yet !

Same happens on my system, hopefully you will be able to figure it out, wish you luck. Seems to only affect the A400, the other aircrafts of the Mod works as usual (P3C, C-2, V-22, C-5)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, VictorDavion said:

Nov update killed the mod. Doesn't show up anymore.

Any aircraft in specific or doesn´t show any aircraft at all? i´m asking this because i´m still using the mod with no issues, at least with the aircraft i use most (C-2, P-3, C-5).

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

On 8/7/2023 at 12:17 AM, NoCallsign said:

@HawaiianRyan 

I found that AI V-22 mod in the FrenchPack discord channel.  

Link for the original post on 21/03/2022: https://discord.com/channels/521462736782229525/598661249265565696/1087667957968158740

Link for the FrenchPack discord: https://discord.gg/uQPPRt2r6Z in case you need it.  

The model looks prettier... but it lacks any connectors, it's been given weapons that it could never use (and they're not even set on the model right), doesn't have pilot textures, doesn't actual animate the rotation of the rotors or pull up landing gear when under way, and the high-speed rotor spinning animation isn't centered (so it looks wobbly) and doesn't look very fast.

Basically, despite the prettier model, it's quite unpolished.

Oh, and it doesn't have any LODs.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I really like this mod, especially the KC-10, I discovered it just recently. What I like to understand is, why does it seem to be impossible for any of you nice mod people here to fix the problem with its basket? I would so like to use it for my missions like many others here too... 🤷🏻‍♂️  Is the creator of the MAM mod still around? 🤔 Wouldn't it be possible to copy and adjust the needed things (code, Lua etc) from the KC-135? 🤔 

Does anyone know if there is a L1011 tanker version for DCS? Or can we expect someone that likes to make one? 🤔 

• Like 3