Good News From Wags

BuzzU

"new targeting pod features"

Does someone know what those could be? Like what are currently missing in the targeting pod?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Does someone know what those could be? Like what are currently missing in the targeting pod?

Hud and map symbology, waypoint slave, making markpoint on map, AA mode, HMD slaving, position/altitude of cursor, and probably more like TGP on A10c

• AA mode (if applicable - someone chime in)
  • HUD symbology as mentioned before
  • Slaving the TGP to a waypoint

Off the top of my head

EDIT: Sniped by hanab :lol:

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Great news! One question for Wags or the Team: Is the current rudder authority on the Hornet a final product? I ask because, in the Viper, I can literally roll the jet through 360 deg with just the rudder (as I can with the Eagle as well). The Hornet, not so much. The rudder seems very limited in comparison. No problem at all if this is realistic of course... just curious.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Agreed. Most in This forum seems to be on the wholE so ready to believe ED on anything they say, and then forgive them immediately when something changes no matter what. I think if there was more people acting with scepticism and challenge on these forums then it would be healthier.

Lol

Yes, making the world a nastier place is the key.

Go be miserable elsewhere

Honestly, some people will always complain. Even when they get what they want, they still complain about not getting those things sooner.

I would like to see two changes for ED:

1) A quick quiz about what EA means. If you fail, you can't buy EA. If you still want to buy, you loose your posting rights regarding everything that includes EA.

2) A "ignore button" for certain users, that you don't get all that negativity ALL THE TIME EVERYWHERE

Thank you.

You will find the ignore list under "User CP". Pic attached. It is quite handy for those very few special people. :D

1892743861_Ignorelist.png.2bd7852c59847dc02a8b9367086984e1.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

• ED Team
That is your opinion. But blatant lying on ED's part (Viper development not affecting the Hornet and them having seperate teams) is not ok. They just screw themselves over in the long run with such poor quality management and releases. I personally won't buy anything from ED directly anymore. Not until the Hornet has everything that was/is on the main feture list that was created pre EA release.

Without paying customers they are nothing and will simply run out of business.

There was no such blatant lie, at the time that was said, there was no intent on the Viper disrupting the Hornet, when it was clear it would happen, we very openly and publicly shared this news, as well as when we decided to keep the radar guy on the Viper for a longer period, we again shared that as soon as it was decided, you are allowed to be frustrated and disappointed, but please do not make false statements.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

It’s not ‘lie’ in all probability, however,

When that was said it was said for a reason because people saw how much was left to be done on the hornet and had expressed a concern that there would be an impact.

ED said that wouldn’t happen (probably with the best of intentions) but in hindsight to ED, was it not obvious? Because it was to us. That is why there is doubt and such strong sentiment occurring.

That ED has had to ‘borrow’ two months of dev time on the hornet just to get the Viper to an ‘acceptable’ state shows it wasn’t a ‘close run’ thing.

What has ED learnt about the balancing of multiple similar modules at the same time is what I would want to know - and what will aeD do differently to avoid a similar situation from happening.

If you’ve learnt nothing from this episode, then this will happen again no doubt.

• ED Team

This is the issue I run into trying to explain this, you chose to ignore anything that has been done on the Hornet over the past few months in order to make it seem so much worse, but the fact that development on the Walleye and associated data link pod, which is part of the steps towards the SLAM weapon system, these are complex systems, even your attempts to downplay the rear antenna on this system, which personally I think is very cool in how it works and what it does as far as immersion in using this weapon, the attempts to downplay this only devalue the hard work these devs put into these modules. Yes, you paid money for all this, but I can promise that the Hornet will continue to bring you joy and excitement many years from now, as have our other flagship products have such as the A-10C and Ka-50. I only ask you to put it into perspective.

Downplaying elements of development leave us with some that refuse to see the steps in development, the complexity and the amount of work each of these takes, not only in creation but testing and improving. Yes, the Viper ended up taking away from the Hornet in the short term, but it doesn't mean the Hornet ever stopped, this is part of EA on a complex aircraft such as the Hornet and Viper, the size of the ED team means it will be part of our workflow to move people around when needed, it happens all the time, its happened in the past, it will happen in the future. The type of work we are doing you can't just go out and find someone one off the street to jump in and help out, these are highly specialized men and women working at ED, so maintaining current projects, future projects, etc requires scheduling, re-tasking and juggling of resources.

We can focus on the short the Viper is going to have TWS or whatever before the Hornet, or we can enjoy the ride and have fun with all the Hornet currently offers, and it offers a lot right now. So while we are trying to be patience and understanding with all these threads, we cant start allowing false statements and redundant posts over and over. We have explained what has happened, we are moving forward, we ask everyone to as well.

And if this has shaken your faith in Early Access, by all means, don't buy into Early Access, we appreciate ALL the help we get in EA, the user reports are invaluable, but the angst towards the time it takes isn't making anything move faster. This is how fast EA moves on a very complex module.

It’s not ‘lie’ in all probability, however,

When that was said it was said for a reason because people saw how much was left to be done on the hornet and had expressed a concern that there would be an impact.

ED said that wouldn’t happen (probably with the best of intentions) but in hindsight to ED, was it not obvious? Because it was to us. That is why there is doubt and such strong sentiment occurring.

That ED has had to ‘borrow’ two months of dev time on the hornet just to get the Viper to an ‘acceptable’ state shows it wasn’t a ‘close run’ thing.

What has ED learnt about the balancing of multiple similar modules at the same time is what I would want to know - and what will aeD do differently to avoid a similar situation from happening.

If you’ve learnt nothing from this episode, then this will happen again no doubt.

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

There was no such blatant lie, at the time that was said, there was no intent on the Viper disrupting the Hornet, when it was clear it would happen, we very openly and publicly shared this news, as well as when we decided to keep the radar guy on the Viper for a longer period, we again shared that as soon as it was decided, you are allowed to be frustrated and disappointed, but please do not make false statements.

First and foremost, I appreciate that you folks have made strides to improve communication with the user base. That does not go unnoticed. However, even if you communicate early and openly about going back on your word, it doesn't change the fact that you went back on your word. I don't know, maybe I'm misremembering the post about "Viper development not impacting Hornet development" being more committal than it actually was.

In any case, I think all but the most unreasonable of us have come to terms with how ED has chosen to handle the F-16 and F/A-18 concurrent development, and that it didn't make sense to force programmers to bounce back and forth between the jets just so the Hornet would get TWS before the Viper. Personally, I'm not going to disagree at this point. But it still felt like a bit of a slap in the face for those of us who committed to the F/A-18 and have little to no interest in the new baby, so to speak.

• ED Team
it doesn't change the fact that you went back on your word.

Everything is subject to change.

This statement isn't meant to be a cute joke, its a fact, in this type of development, anything and everything can change at a moments notice. It would have been ideal to have the Hornet done before the Viper, but that didn't happen. Changes in manpower, development, the business, private contracts, etc can all play parts on an ever-evolving and adapting scene.

This we have tried to convey many many times, and it's not going away. We will give our word to do the very best to get products finished in the shortest amount of time we can, and that we will do what it takes to make sure ED stays viable and healthy. But that doesn't always mean we get everything we want when we want it, and it doesn't mean today's timeline won't change tomorrow.

It just means we are doing our very best, day in and day out to create the greatest combat air sim on the market and make sure it's here for years to come.

64Sig.png

Everything is subject to change.

This statement isn't meant to be a cute joke, its a fact, in this type of development, anything and everything can change at a moments notice. It would have been ideal to have the Hornet done before the Viper, but that didn't happen. Changes in manpower, development, the business, private contracts, etc can all play parts on an ever-evolving and adapting scene.

This we have tried to convey many many times, and it's not going away. We will give our word to do the very best to get products finished in the shortest amount of time we can, and that we will do what it takes to make sure ED stays viable and healthy. But that doesn't always mean we get everything we want when we want it, and it doesn't mean today's timeline won't change tomorrow.

It just means we are doing our very best, day in and day out to create the greatest combat air sim on the market and make sure it's here for years to come.

Fair enough.

And with these posts I will take a step back and wait and watch what happens. I have made my points, I have seen that others are also unhappy.

Yes, my faith in ED at this point is minimal and the relentless push for EA means I will never buy from you again until a product is complete.

I hope after the Xmas break that The hornet is in a much better place and that ED will continue to improve communications and expectation management.

Anyways back to the good news from Wags...I think I’m actually more interested in Spot mode at this point. TWS is novel, but the ability to concentrate scans without moving the nose is going to be to huge for me.

As BVR goes the hornets at a disadvantage against rocket ships like the fulcrum, eagle, tomcat, and viper.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

And with these posts I will take a step back and wait and watch what happens. I have made my points, I have seen that others are also unhappy.

Yes, my faith in ED at this point is minimal and the relentless push for EA means I will never buy from you again until a product is complete.

I hope after the Xmas break that The hornet is in a much better place and that ED will continue to improve communications and expectation management.

Agree... Sad week.

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb