Good News From Wags

BuzzU

The news sounds good, and I'm going to stay positive and see how this BIG push for the Hornet progress through December. Hoprfully, good.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Given your impressive ability to place a negative spin on absolutely everything, I'd suggest that you're ideally suited to the job.

Lol'd... :megalol: BTW you owe me for a new keyboard, coffee went everywhere.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

... I however will try to keep pressure on them to complete the Hornet by acting as a counterweight to the overly positive members here...

Wow. Talk about entitled. Do you really think you have that much power? Ohhh you think so because you're a "customer".:lol: Every thread I click on, there's you with the negative. If you really have the power over ED, I would gladly buy EVERY module ED has so they don't have to worry about you and your pressure.:smilewink:

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I don’t think we should suddenly be all sunlight and happiness because ED are finally working on the Hornet again.

Is it good that they are working on it again, yes indeed it is, but let’s not think that all is forgiven and forgotten. I’ll be watching the Hornet vis a vis the Viper for some time yet...

I love imagining cartoon villain voices when reading posts like these. Mr Burns in this case. Or imagine the tearful anger of a distraught wife in a soap opera who's husband has cheated and is now asking to make amends by presenting a diamond necklace.

The forums can be so entertaining!

I prefer to wait before saying that it is good news. Wags has already told us a lot of news but without applying them (vr optimization) or shifting them. Let's be careful to be sure that December will be hornet month.

remenber : Everything is subject to change

Sounds good. I will believe it when I see it but if they deliver than that will be a good step forward. I suspect there has been a degree of getting the Viper up to speed with the Hornet to allow for parallel development to happen. Perhaps we will see a push on Hornet systems for the time being and some more weapons to the Viper (hopefully after we get the SLAM-ER). If they play it right then in the end this parallel development process could pay off in the end.

Sounds good. I will believe it when I see it but if they deliver than that will be a good step forward. I suspect there has been a degree of getting the Viper up to speed with the Hornet to allow for parallel development to happen. Perhaps we will see a push on Hornet systems for the time being and some more weapons to the Viper (hopefully after we get the SLAM-ER). If they play it right then in the end this parallel development process could pay off in the end.

I can see that as a possibility, but it still wouldn’t answer why they had to push so hard on the Viper. Did a couple of months of EA really make that much of a difference?

I prefer to wait before saying that it is good news. Wags has already told us a lot of news but without applying them (vr optimization) or shifting them. Let's be careful to be sure that December will be hornet month.

remenber : Everything is subject to change

Agreed. Most in This forum seems to be on the wholE so ready to believe ED on anything they say, and then forgive them immediately when something changes no matter what. I think if there was more people acting with scepticism and challenge on these forums then it would be healthier.

• ED Team
Agreed. Most in This forum seems to be on the wholE so ready to believe ED on anything they say, and then forgive them immediately when something changes no matter what. I think if there was more people acting with scepticism and challenge on these forums then it would be healthier.

It swings in roundabouts, some are just as quick to be negative about news.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Honestly, some people will always complain. Even when they get what they want, they still complain about not getting those things sooner.

I would like to see two changes for ED:

1) A quick quiz about what EA means. If you fail, you can't buy EA. If you still want to buy, you loose your posting rights regarding everything that includes EA.

2) A "ignore button" for certain users, that you don't get all that negativity ALL THE TIME EVERYWHERE

Thank you.

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

Honestly, some people will always complain. Even when they get what they want, they still complain about not getting those things sooner.

I would like to see two changes for ED:

1) A quick quiz about what EA means. If you fail, you can't buy EA. If you still want to buy, you loose your posting rights regarding everything that includes EA.

2) A "ignore button" for certain users, that you don't get all that negativity ALL THE TIME EVERYWHERE

Thank you.

There is an ignore button.

Buzz

Thank you.

‘Eagle Dynamics and all of our third parties strive to make this period as short as possible’

I think if there was more people acting with scepticism and challenge on these forums then it would be healthier.

I don't, I find the positivity refreshing, rather than the constant whining entitlement of 'I'm a paying customer therefore you must listen to me' bs.

You bought a product in EA that wasn't complete and no one promised you a finish date, regardless if you're a 'paying customer' or not, you don't get to dictate what ED does with their resources.

I've been here for 10 years, I'm not naive enough to think things will change if people become more critical on a forum.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Radar "SPOT" mode yeeeeeesss, finally

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

;4116525']I don't, I find the positivity refreshing, rather than the constant whining entitlement of 'I'm a paying customer therefore you must listen to me' bs.

You bought a product in EA that wasn't complete and no one promised you a finish date, regardless if you're a 'paying customer' or not, you don't get to dictate what ED does with their resources.

I've been here for 10 years, I'm not naive enough to think things will change if people become more critical on a forum.

There needs to be a balance - you did buy an EA product, on the other hand you paid up-front for a finished product too, so you should be able to critique it and it's development process if it's going astray. A fine line between critique and whining/remote management though.

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

I remain skeptical.

LTWS came out 8 months ago for the Hornet. To have this long of a delay in getting TWS functunal on the Hornet, which was a feature that has been strongly pushed by the community for over a year, then to see EA prioritize it for the Viper, was not IMO a wise move.

;4116525']I don't, I find the positivity refreshing, rather than the constant whining entitlement of 'I'm a paying customer therefore you must listen to me' bs.

That is your opinion. But blatant lying on ED's part (Viper development not affecting the Hornet and them having seperate teams) is not ok. They just screw themselves over in the long run with such poor quality management and releases. I personally won't buy anything from ED directly anymore. Not until the Hornet has everything that was/is on the main feture list that was created pre EA release.

Without paying customers they are nothing and will simply run out of business.

I remain skeptical.

LTWS came out 8 months ago for the Hornet. To have this long of a delay in getting TWS functunal on the Hornet, which was a feature that has been strongly pushed by the community for over a year, then to see EA prioritize it for the Viper, was not IMO a wise move.

Thats a myth by the "TWS fans", Wags did a poll about what feature was most wanted. Guess what, TWS was only on the 4th place. By your logic the AG radar guys should be burning down ED because that feature was on place 3! Most wanted was TGP and HARM, thats what they worked/work on.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=219023&highlight=poll

Don't get me wrong, i would also like to have a finished F-18, but people should stay by the facts. ED asked the community what they wanted and adjusted there development accordingly.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Thats a myth by the "TWS fans", Wags did a poll about what feature was most wanted. Guess what, TWS was only on the 4th place. By your logic the AG radar guys should be burning down ED because that feature was on place 3! Most wanted was TGP and HARM, thats what they worked/work on.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=219023&highlight=poll

Don't get me wrong, i would also like to have a finished F-18, but people should stay by the facts. ED asked the community what they wanted and adjusted there development accordingly.

You'll note I said strongly pushed, not number 1. Plus that pole was done almost a year and a half ago, back when people assumed TWS was just around the corner, not when it stalled 8 months ago.