please add client setting "disable auto radio/communications menu popup"

D4n

please add a client setting "disable auto radio/communications menu popup upon airfield landing", to let players chose if the menu opens by itself upon landing on an airfield

• Like 5
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

1+ from my side since I find popping up of the comms menu SUPER ANNOYING since it does so (hundred years or so ...).

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

What!?!??? I just thought my system was bugged for the past 6 months. I spent hours trying to fix this. This is 'programmed' to pop up automatically??

Get Rid of that!! I hope real pilots don't have annoying radio menus popping up while landing.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

...I hope real pilots don't have annoying radio menus popping up while landing.

Erm .. they have ... its called ATC :noexpression:

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

And this is a problem.... why? You want to land in silence without any communication... ? Because that’s realistic?

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Because no pilot talks right when he touches the ground. You talk on final and after / just before leaving the runway.
This.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

It doesn't matter if ATC IRL does speak or not, or even in DCS speak or not, just PLEAAAASE get rid of this nasty popup menus.

my computer:

Because no pilot talks right when he touches the ground. You talk on final and after / just before leaving the runway.

Sure. DCS says “taxi to parking area” or whatever. But that’s after you land while rolling out. Not entirely real but why such a buzz kill?

Some of the DLC campaigns like Red Flag have good custom ATC audio.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Sure. DCS says “taxi to parking area” or whatever. But that’s after you land while rolling out. Not entirely real but why such a buzz kill?

Yeah probably a simple algorithm of "when player is within x meters of Airfield-Center (defined by airfield-icon) then popup radio menu" :cry:

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

And this is a problem.... why? You want to land in silence without any communication... ? Because that’s realistic?

Land in silence... well, that should depend on whether you tune your radio correctly. ;)

But to get a UI pop-up overlay magically appear on your screen... even if you're in a warbird? No thanks. Because that's not realistic. :)

Buddy, stop trolling please for a minute. My sides need a break. Seriously. :megalol::helpsmilie:

Gone for good.

Buddy, stop trolling please for a minute. My sides need a break. Seriously. :megalol::helpsmilie:

I don’t understand why this is a such a problem but ok whatever. If you don’t like seeing it simply press the comm button and make it go away.

AFAIK ATC is getting reworked anyways.

Edited by SharpeXB

I don’t understand why this is a such a problem but ok whatever. How else would you expect ATC to function and what’s wrong with the menu popping up vs you having to bring it up yourself? If you don’t like seeing it simply press the comm button and make it go away.

AFAIK ATC is getting reworked anyways.

Easy, the keyboard command I wish to enact doesn't do what I think it does. I want to press F2 to look at the outside of the airplane and F1 to look at the inside. I understand if I bring up a comm menu that the F-keys will do other things but only if I bring it up.

I also notice things on the screen. I don't want it. Have you ever had someone watch a video with a mouse cursor in the corner? That might bother you but to lots of people it's like a crying baby or a ringing telephone.

Even in situations where a comm menu is already open it's common for DCS to change where I am in the menu tree automatically. I was about to talk to ATC, tanker, AWACS, ground crew, etc. and suddenly I'm whisked away to another part of the menu tree.

Easy, the keyboard command I wish to enact doesn't do what I think it does. I want to press F2 to look at the outside of the airplane and F1 to look at the inside. I understand if I bring up a comm menu that the F-keys will do other things but only if I bring it up.

I also notice things on the screen. I don't want it. Have you ever had someone watch a video with a mouse cursor in the corner? That might bother you but to lots of people it's like a crying baby or a ringing telephone.

Even in situations where a comm menu is already open it's common for DCS to change where I am in the menu tree automatically. I was about to talk to ATC, tanker, AWACS, ground crew, etc. and suddenly I'm whisked away to another part of the menu tree.

Honestly I can’t understand what your complaint is. You press a button and a menu comes up and then you press more buttons for commands. Why is that complicated and how else would would it work? Every flight sim has something similar for radio or squadron commands. Without the menu on the screen it would be more difficult to know what the commands are.

You can actually click on the menu instead of using keys too.

Edited by SharpeXB

Honestly I can’t understand what your complaint is. You press a button and a menu comes up and then you press more buttons for commands.

That is exactly the problem: it doesn't work the way you think it works. In fact, it works the exact opposite to how you think it works.

Oh, and +1 obviously. There's no reason to ever pop up the command menu unless prompted by the player.

• Like 1

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Honestly I can’t understand what your complaint is.

Guy, you are just testing us, are you?

I'll give it one more try.

We are talking about the comms menu, which should NEVER pop up, no matter if somebody is talking to us or not. Not IRL, not in DCS. Nowhere, and never.

When we press the comm button, it should then appear in the highest level / menu, not in a sub menu.

For this I wish to have an option in DCS, to turn this nasty behavior OFF, because some users (like you), are obviously fine with how things work.

Got it?

Edited by TOViper
  • Like 3

my computer:

Guy, you are just testing us, are you?

I'll give it one more try.

We are talking about the comms menu, which should NEVER pop up, no matter if somebody is talking to us or not. Not IRL, not in DCS. Nowhere, and never.

When we press the comm button, it should then appear in the highest level / menu, not in a sub menu.

For this I wish to have an option in DCS, to turn this nasty behavior OFF, because some users (like you), are obviously fine with how things work.

Got it?

Edit: I don’t see this coming up automatically. I have to initiate using it myself.

It comes up in sub menus when it’s likely that’s what you will need. Imagine talking through air to air refueling or a JTAC instructions and having to constantly drill down through the menu. That would be frustrating.

Edited by SharpeXB