F4 PHANTOM

thaihorse

On 1/13/2022 at 6:09 PM, Nexus-6 said:

I too, have wanted an F-4 in DCS for a long time now, and am honestly baffled by the fact that ED didn't add one years ago.  It's such an iconic part of military aviation that one would think it would have been a self-evident choice.

If they had the Phantom and not the Hornet/Tomcat/Eagle etc you'd be saying the same thing about them. It's almost like they can only do so many things at one time @@

• Like 1

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

5 hours ago, The_Chugster said:

OK so which of all the current modules would be the best to learn to prepare for the various systems on the F-4?

I get the excitement, but I've never understood this concept. Each jet is it's own beast. And the F-4E is going to be a unique one at that. It's like an analog Hornet. Lots of switches. It's from the same ear as the Viggin, Tiger, Fishbed, Tomcat A model, and Mi-24. It will be interesting. 

5 hours ago, FlankerKiller said:

I get the excitement, but I've never understood this concept. Each jet is it's own beast. And the F-4E is going to be a unique one at that.

Yes, but it's a legit question and both F-5 and F-14 will get you more familiar with non-FBW jet handling, some common systems, weapons, cockpit gauges and their placement. Tomcat will have you get grips on 2 crew workflow, Sparrow, A2G weapon and systems, 2 engine supersonic big fighter jet operation, similar canopy view, etc...

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• ED Team

As this wish has been granted we can close this thread, please see the new section in the heatblur forum area 

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/919-dcs-f-4-phantom/

Thanks

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2