Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

Not necessarily a fighter, the possibility is the C-130 series, there are variations anyway, fat albert c-130 / ac-130 gunship

Now that would be most awesome.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

"(...)that one would melt your brains... and we have too much work to do on our current crop to deal with any melted brains :D"

additionally, this is from YT comment:

"The next big announcement is huge, but we are very laser-focused on what we have to finish right now, when we get some more breathing room, you will hear what is coming :) -NineLine/Norm"

Perhaps we're barking up the wrong tree. Perhaps what's so astoundingly mind melting isn't so much the airframe itself....it's...

Wait for it...

Wait for it....

A module released not in early Access, but as a complete bug-free fully fleshed out aircraft with all systems fully functional on day 1. It would take the "laser focus" he mentioned :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

laser-focused on what we have to finish right now

Completed, a bug-free module would not be a huge announcement nor it would melt my brain if it was completed paraglider...still a module, right?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Source?

MiG-29 was included in the 2020 trailer so not this bird. To be anounced plane was not included in this trailer.

Got anything form ED to support this?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

MiG-29 was included in the 2020 trailer so not this bird. To be anounced plane was not included in this trailer.

Thats true but maybe its just a question of wording, the module itself that they're building wasnt included but the fc3 one was, maybe its just a different variant. I'm probably just dreaming too much :pilotfly:

Got anything form ED to support this?

I believe NineLine or someone said it on discord or in the youtube comments, I remember reading it as well.

OK, thanks.

If comments on Reddit and YT are anything to go by, it is going to be an important announcement it seems.

Well, it is going to hit the news one day, so for now, back to my beloved Hornet.

Hi all, newbie here on forum, Mitsubishi A6M Zero since we getting the new map, or the A-7E Corsair II, or maybe an Apache or Jaguar, Tornado would be a good one and F-14D Super Tomcat.

Pretty much all those have been mentioned already, in development by someone else, or ruled out entirely.

Tho this might be the first the jaguar has made the list, I think

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

MIG-23

Razbam already has it. This announcement is ED's show

System:

Hello

Hi all, newbie here on forum, Mitsubishi A6M Zero since we getting the new map, or the A-7E Corsair II, or maybe an Apache or Jaguar, Tornado would be a good one and F-14D Super Tomcat.

Welcome to the crowd.

Honestly this topic poses an unexpectedly tough question. Two years ago you could easily get a consensus for the Viper and the Tomcat. Running through the previous 11 pages of posts there really isn’t much agreement anymore on what an “eagerly anticipated” aircraft could be. Yes, everyone, including myself, wants a full fidelity modern Russian fighter, any full fidelity modern Russian fighter, and this is a problem that ED absolutely needs to solve. The F-4 also repeatedly comes up, but I’ve always suspected the obsession with the Phantom is limited to a vocal minority here on the forums and the aircraft has limited broader appeal. The F-15C would’ve made sense if RAZBAM weren’t developing their own variant. As others have mentioned it would be a slap in the face to RAZ for ED to announce their own F-15 so quickly. Personally I know I wouldn’t buy both.

So yeah, the front runners all have strong arguments against them. ED aren’t allowed to/can’t get a license (Red Air), have repeatedly said its on permanent hiatus (Phantom), or there’s already a 3rd party variant in development (Eagle).

That just leaves a scattershot of minor European aircraft and random rotorcraft, a couple of which have already been confirmed as in development.

A tough question indeed.

F4 phantom? vocal minority? Bahhh.

This is one of the most prolific aircraft series of the 3rd generation for the western side of aviation. It would be like saying Mig21bis or Mig23MLA is not relevant for redforce and only for vocal minority. Yea thier not gen 21st century gen 4 jets, but some of these older era jets are still anticipated.

Although i agree, to an extent somone thats anticipated is still subjective depending on what a person wants, and for the time period. At one point the F/A18C was the most highly anticipated module, then until a year ago It was the Viper and Tomcat. So at the end we will just have to wait and see.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

F4 phantom? vocal minority? Bahhh.

Hey I’d buy the Phantom. My only point is that while there’s a lot of passion for it among enthusiasts I don’t think it has much appeal for a more casual audience. It’s not a Viper or Hornet blockbuster. I don’t know if that’s why ED shelved it or not, just a general impression I have.

I’m hoping its a modern Russian fighter. This literallly has to get done to keep the game healthy.

And if I had my personal pick I’d want ED to branch out into the logistics and special ops roles.

C-130 would make me giddy. CH-47, Mi-26, M/AH-6 also.

6) No chance of a modern fighter, too much classified data, forget about Typhoon, F-22 and the likes.

There actually is a change, as fighters like JAS 39 Gripen is fairly open platform by flight dynamics etc. But its weapons systems becomes more complex (those are btw separated computers in the Gripen so that you can rapidly test new weapons, sensors etc without ever affecting the flight characteristics and so on require to re-test those after code changes to weapon systems) by the parts that includes weapons like Meteor, IRIS-T etc.

But, now you actually are suddenly in the exact same position as with F-15, F-16, F/A-18 etc. Because we do not know about AIM-120C, we do not know about R-27ER, R-77, R-73 etc. We do not know about lots of weapons in DCS, all based to educated guesses, public sources that varies etc (and yet we have people pulling melons to their noses when ED takes well known factual systems and puts them together to KA-50, that has never shown to been carrying even bombs or Kh-25 missiles and yet they are in).

I would guess that if someone would contact Saab with proper and valid proposal, they could get Saab to participate to develop a JAS 39 Gripen C or even NG model (latest are E and F, a lot different from the C model).

And why so? As Saab has in history been fairly good in the simulator businesses and they would benefit a lot from a publicity they could gain with the "DCS: Gripen", even if only giving the public source material to the developers and withholding the classified true capabilities (as is done with all the modules if not some special cases by some parts).

This is as well possibility because Saab is one of these "modern weapons manufacturers" that are using more of a new generation research, development and design types. As example the Gripen doesn't really utilize the "stealth" technology as traditionally is with aircrafts like F-117, F-22 etc. Instead it uses "electronic stealth" that can't be even begin with in DCS to be simulated.

But no...

We do not see it.... (would yet be amazing surprise).

And anyways it is far interesting when aircrafts are from 60-80's era, not from 90's or especially 00's!

That is something why the Hornet, Viper and Thunder are considered by many out of the scope that DCS World should be about.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

F-15C hi fidelity, as good as the F-18C!:thumbup:

Yawn. Ordinary. :sleep:

System:

I believe NineLine or someone said it on discord or in the youtube comments, I remember reading it as well.

I saw a comment by Glowing Amraam on reddit saying the same. If true, the MiG-29 and F-15 are out, but the Su-27 is in (barring that ED said before they can't do it).

Hey I’d buy the Phantom. My only point is that while there’s a lot of passion for it among enthusiasts I don’t think it has much appeal for a more casual audience. It’s not a Viper or Hornet blockbuster. I don’t know if that’s why ED shelved it or not, just a general impression I have.

I’m hoping its a modern Russian fighter. This literallly has to get done to keep the game healthy.

And if I had my personal pick I’d want ED to branch out into the logistics and special ops roles.

C-130 would make me giddy. CH-47, Mi-26, M/AH-6 also.

I think the popularity of the 4th gen aircraft is highly overstated. They have their followers, but pretty much any aircraft that played a major role in a serious conflict is going to be popular. The F-4 was the mainstay of the US during Vietnam, you could build a simulator around just that plane and it would probably do well. Branching out beyond the hardcore flight sim audience, the Phantom isn't an unknown. It's popular enough in a couple of other casual flight games.

On another note I don't see why the F-15 C would be discounted either, outside of the fact that it's in the trailer. The E is vastly more AG capable, so the C won't cannibalize sales for AG centric players. The C has the FC version to build on, which could potentially lead to it being a lower cost module. Getting the C and E together could very well only cost 120-150% of normal module price. Of course it's only speculation for now, but the same can be said of the C and E hurting each other in the market when the F-16/(J)17/18 all arrived so close to each other. The two Fw's are an even better comparison as they're basically equivalents of the F-15 C/E in relation to each other.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

F-16

UH-1H

MiG-29 & F-15C???

KA-50

F/A-18

F-14

JF-17

Mi-24P

M-2000C

A-10C

F-15C

That is the modern fighters presented in the "2020 and beyond" video and in order (not counted duplicates).

So if we go for the logic that the major aircraft that everyone would have wanted is not shown on the video, then there are only couple really that wasn't there, that already are in the DCS.

Su-27

Su-25

And then some that hasn't announced but wanted badly, AH-64.

Almost all the fighters in the video are Western, only special is the MiG-29 in couple scenes. All rest are Hornet, Viper, Eagle, Warthog and Mirage.

So why only one RedFor aircraft, the MiG-29 is in the video, and otherwise heavily western side weighted?

There wasn't either Mi-8, Gazelle, Kiowa etc, but just the UH-1H and KA-50 from current ones and then upcoming Mi-24P.

So if we go by the logic that the video does not present the upcoming mystery aircraft, then it is not F-15 at all as it is included in it at least on one scene, if not in two. It can't either be a MiG-29 as it is in multiple ones.

If we go by the logic that it can be a Full Fidelity module from the current offerings in FC3, then there are Su-25 and Su-27 only possibilities.

And if we go by the logic that it is already non-confirmed, not presented in the video, and it can be helicopter too, then the AH-64 is major candidate. But it is known for years that ED was developing such, that they couldn't give it to public as it went to the military. And then there were mentions that AH-64 is not about "if" but "when". And since then AH-64E has been announced long after it, and so on making AH-64D even possible, if not just AH-64A, as those could be seen as "public" enough by the military (like the A-10C with little older suite).

If we go by the logic that what was the balance of the presented BluFor and RedFor, then the upcoming module should be RedFor, likely the fixed wing, or then a Bluefor rotary wing.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

F/A18E block 1? ;)

Ok jk i know that probably wouldn't be nearly as big of anticipated release given not only its a multi-role fighter but a host of similarities to the Legacy Hornet.

That being said, it would be the quickest way for ED to churn out another module in faster time for a quick buck if you could just copy paste nearly all the coding aspects needed for avionics like the radar or software aspects for the MFD pages, and weapons employment procedures.

If going for two seat F/A18F that would be more work ( but still same displays as front seat within block 1) because of dual cockpit but would offer a 2 seat experience for a modern multi role navy jet, one that could still be fully operated without a human backseater, and not requiring development of an AI for singleplay.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD