Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

My most wanted would be the Apache but I doubt it, because of the rotary team having plenty on their plate already right now.

The F-15C is definitely possible and I would love to have it.

The only other possibilities I can think of would be century series fighters. We have zero of them right now. Super Saber, Thud, or Starfighter would all be really cool.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

I'm not sure further development of the f-15c makes sense, for two reasons:

A.) It sets a precedent that leaves people clamoring even more loudly to develop existing aircraft out of the FC3 standard to "full clickyness"

There is already a full A-10, granted the FC version is not the same version. Supposedly, Russian aircraft can't be modeled. So once the F-15 is done, there is nothing left to say about upgrading FC3, except maybe a full A-10A.

B.) Development of F-15e elsewhere and -C model by ED would take a bit of wind out of each other's sails, and if I remember correctly ED has worked to avoid those types of conflicts.

The F-16 and JF-17 came out around the same time. The E is also quite a bit different from the C, and quite a bit unique from other AG options in DCS. It will be the biggest and most dedicated deep strike ground attack aircraft available. The E can AA, but the CFT's actually hurt performance compared to the C. Those people who are really interested in historical accuracy would probably want the C if they're interested in air to air over air to ground as well. I guess some people will just say "they're both F-15's" but I think a good number of people will also appreciate them as having different roles and capabilities.

Furthermore, there's bound to be plenty of hurt feelings from FC3 owners if ED charges for a full fidelity model of what they already have. (I base that statement off of what I've seen in the supercarrier threads)
I get the opposite sense. As a FC3 owner all I want is never have to concern myself with FC3 again by having the aircraft included become full modules. I don't think the supercarrier is similar at all either, the issue with that was the carrier being an outlier compared to other modules in how to place in the ME.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Full fidelity F-15C.

• Like 1

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Supposedly, Russian aircraft can't be modeled.
I never totally bought into this. First of all, ED did tease an early Su-27 quite a while back. And also we have the Ka-50. Were the circumstances around the Ka-50 unique? I wasn't around back then so I don't really know its history.

Were the circumstances around the Ka-50 unique? I wasn't around back then so I don't really know its history.

I believe that was a direct collaboration with Kamov back then (you could see Kamov's logo in the old Black Shark menu).

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I never totally bought into this. First of all, ED did tease an early Su-27 quite a while back. And also we have the Ka-50. Were the circumstances around the Ka-50 unique? I wasn't around back then so I don't really know its history.

I can only go by what ED say. I'd really like the Fulcrum and Flanker to be full modules, but ED isn't willing to do this. I don't know what made the Ka-50 possible, but I'm definitely glad it's in the sim.

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Below DCS WORLD | 2020 AND BEYOND video there is a messege:

"Later this year, we are looking forward to announcing an eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World."

Some ideas?

What is eagerly awaited? Some Russian 4th generation full fidelity are, but in AMA many times they stated it is impossible.

F-4 had been announced already, than suspended so i guess not this bird.

What else? Full fidelity F-15C fighter variant - eagerly like Eagle, Apache helicopter or F-111 - this three for sure.

Tornado also but considering it's multi national project i doubt it's even possible to obtain the license.

There is lot of potentially great airplaes to model but is there anything else which is already eagerly awaited? Some ideas?

cheers

Edit: and we know it's something which "melt our brains" and have never been announced before.

So no F-4, no AH-1, no Mi-24.

Nothing 3rd or 4th gen. It might be cool, but I wouldn't call any of them "eagerly awaited".

F-22, F-35, or Eurofighter Typhoon?! Oh F*ck YEAH! :D

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

So going back and watching the trailer again and taking note of ED's comment that the new plane is not in the trailer, we can actually rule out the F-15 and MiG-29. I didn't see a Su-27.

Multi-crew B-17 Bomber

• Like 1

F-14B, F-16, F-18C, A-10C, F-5E, F-86, FC3, BF-109, FW-190, P-51, Spitfire, UH-1,AJS-37 Viggen, MIG-15, MIG-19, MIG-21, AV-8B Harrier, P-47D

Persian Gulf, Caucuses, NTTR, Normandy, The Channel, Syria

Combined Arms, WWII Assets,Super Carrier

TM Warthog, Virpil VFX,BuddyFox UFC, Saitek Pro Flight quadrant & Switch Panel, Odyssey+ VR, Jet Pad w/ SSA, Voice Attack w/Viacom Pro

GeForce RTX2080TI OC, Intel Core i7-7700K 4.5Ghz, 64GB DDR4, Dedicated 1TB SSD

There is already a full A-10, granted the FC version is not the same version. Supposedly, Russian aircraft can't be modeled. So once the F-15 is done, there is nothing left to say about upgrading FC3, except maybe a full A-10A.

The F-16 and JF-17 came out around the same time. The E is also quite a bit different from the C, and quite a bit unique from other AG options in DCS. It will be the biggest and most dedicated deep strike ground attack aircraft available. The E can AA, but the CFT's actually hurt performance compared to the C. Those people who are really interested in historical accuracy would probably want the C if they're interested in air to air over air to ground as well. I guess some people will just say "they're both F-15's" but I think a good number of people will also appreciate them as having different roles and capabilities.

I get the opposite sense. As a FC3 owner all I want is never have to concern myself with FC3 again by having the aircraft included become full modules. I don't think the supercarrier is similar at all either, the issue with that was the carrier being an outlier compared to other modules in how to place in the ME.

True, you have a point on the A-10, but in that case ED owned both variants. It's a little different story with ED and another developer putting out competing full fidelity variants of the same airframe-.theyd be poaching revenue from each other, likely leaving neither module profitable.

With the f-16 and the Jeff, they look similar and fit similar roles, but they're not the same airframe, the way a -e model and -C model f-15 would be. I'm not convinced these are really airframes that interfere with each others sales

I have zero interest in either model, but if my most recent purchases are any indication, I'd probably still buy it.

I would like to see more older aircraft, especially ones designed to do one thing, and do it really well, rather than having yet another multi-role, do-everything, flying Swiss army knife. .

But we've all got our own opinions :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Already been announced , AFAIK..so not the skeeter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

I hope it's anything but WWII era craft. I'm hoping for something modern.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I hope it's anything but WWII era craft. I'm hoping for something modern.

Same here. From ED, I expect a module that shows off their acquired skillset for developing something more along the lines of gen 4+ (at least one can dream). ;)

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I really, really, really hope either MiG-29A or Su-27A.

And I really don't see the problem with either, as long as they are early variants, which are already widely available, even in the civil aviation world.

Other "eagerly awaited aircraft" could be Tornado or Apache, but the multi-crew spoils it for me a bit to be honest. I imagine it can be awesome if you have a good partner, but I'm just not in the position at the moment.

The F-15C could be it, but I doubt it due to Razbam doing the F-15E. Also personally I find the F-15 a bit boring, given what we have already.

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

I really, really, really hope either MiG-29A or Su-27A.

And I really don't see the problem with either, as long as they are early variants, which are already widely available, even in the civil aviation world.

Other "eagerly awaited aircraft" could be Tornado or Apache, but the multi-crew spoils it for me a bit to be honest. I imagine it can be awesome if you have a good partner, but I'm just not in the position at the moment.

The F-15C could be it, but I doubt it due to Razbam doing the F-15E. Also personally I find the F-15 a bit boring, given what we have already.

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

The helicopter team is working on the Hind (which still seems pretty early in development), with a side-order of UH-1 multi-crew.

Hind can't be in early phase in development, more like in the final phases. As they has confirmed the 2020 to be the planned release year, it means that it can't be in early phase as it would take 3-5 years to begin with to make a Mi-24. And it has been in On/Off development for years (7 already or so?) and so on they must be redoing some of the cockpits and 3D models. As well ED told last year (or was it 2018) that reason why Mi-24 didn't come 2019, or why KA-50 upgrade didn't come out 2019 was that ED found a Flight Modeling problem in the helicopters and it requires all helicopters flight models to be revisited.

So that ED would be pulling Mi-24 out in only one year development time? No...

Firstly, ED's desire to leverage and repurpose existing features and tech, and secondly, their prioritising of "big name" aircraft with significant sales potential. The F-15C seems like the most obvious next step:

1. It completes the "teen series" set (the -14, -15, -16 and -18 )

2. It almost certainly leverages many of the under-the-hood features that ED has had to develop for the Hornet and the Viper.

3. It's been the USAF's mainstay for decades, and is truly iconic.

4. Wag's has now used "eagerly awaited" on two separate occasions.

I believe that a modern version of Su-27 has been waited more than a F-15C, especially when thinking that was their first simulator. I read as well (take with grain of salt) that ED has a team in Switzerland, making possible to develop a Soviet Union era aircrafts as that team ain't under Russian law (again, odd thing).

I'd personally much rather see a Flanker, Fulcrum, or Apache, but I'd be pretty amazed if the Eagle wasn't the next big announcement.

I would like to see a Su-27SM, Apache AH-64A or even Saab Gripen C/D. As Saab has been fairly open actually about their aircrafts for marketing as well, but not many is wishing such. So I would say F-111 has even more of the changes to be there a such.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.