Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

Yak-40 ? That would melt a few minds...

leave that for x-plane. yak-38, on the other hand...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Yup this has always been my favorite guess (29K).

I mean why update the Kuz if you aren't going to have something to fly off it in the future? It has operated them, and the 29K is a pretty decent competitor to the ED modern jet stable, and its multirole. So that ticks a lot of boxes. Alternately an upgraded multirole SU-33 is just as likely.

ED IMO are pretty clever about module selections/longer term plans. Look at the PG map, it was made so that you could have credible "blue" on "blue" fights. Iran operates or operated a ton of "blue" jets. I mean the F4 is still on the back burner, and it would "ish" fit pretty well into the PG.

So, now we have SC, a new marianas map, a upcoming Syria map and an updated Kuz… So it makes some sense that perhaps the new module might be a red naval A/C. It ticks a lot of boxes.

Or otherwise some sort of export multirole red-bird.

MiG-29K would be sick. Day one buy for me. Remember seeing screenshots of deck crew on the new Kuz model? And how ED always said no to deck crew on the the Kuz? You could have a point there. Plus it being in service with the Indian Navy it would be a perfect match for the Pakistani JF-17...

Yak-40 ? That would melt a few minds...

Add 1 (or substract 2) from that and it would really melt brains...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Yup this has always been my favorite guess (29K).

I mean why update the Kuz if you aren't going to have something to fly off it in the future? [/Quote]

Reason is new free map, so redair can have Su-33 flying from it next to supercarrier on other side.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

State sekrit

More like extremly old/outdated.

http://www.simhq.com/_commentary/all_037e.html

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Holy cow, 2007 and we're still fwaiting for the one thing we're most waiting for all these years. C'mon, hurry up ffs.

Yeah, where the hell are 4th gen full-fi Redfor fighters!

:D

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

if it's WW2, I hope its a ju-87. If it's modern day, Mig-31B with R-37 pls

I would be split, original MiG-31 has that awesome Gsh 23-6. But I’m pretty sure the BM series can do serious SEAD, KH-31 from Mach 2.8 sounds so sexy, I really can’t complain.

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I would be split, original MiG-31 has that awesome Gsh 23-6. But I’m pretty sure the BM series can do serious SEAD, KH-31 from Mach 2.8 sounds so sexy, I really can’t complain.

BM can also carry R-37s which are the same as R-33s (for the most part) but are fox 3s, not fox 1s. MiG-31 in general is great, super fast super high flying bvr machine to rival the f-15

Considering BST as a 3d-party is a mistake....it was never a real 3d party....

It was the ED main studio left hand.....

Anyway the Apache could be...I hope not as I don’t mind helos...but for the Rotary Heads would be mind melting and a milestone for sure (like the f35 would be for me)...

But a truly milestone and a mind melting project for most,of the community would be a modern russian fighter..

Given that fc3 planes were declared off the table, as the su35 also was....the only think left for this hypothesis is a su30 or mig29k which are exported.....Or really a modern US fighter (f22 or f35...but we know it is unlikely due to being too modern and difficult to find documentation on).

Otherwise the Apache is a real option...but I repeat myself It would make happy only a fraction of the comunity...not the most part...and I think (guess) that the terms “milestone” refers to something considered impossible to do or never done (modern russian fighter, very modern us fighter, ED multicrew) and “mind melting” would refer to something that would be that for 90% of this community..not only 30/40%

to me Su30 or mig29K wouldnt be mind melting. Yes a Redforce aircraft, but just another Multimission aircraft.

After Having thtreee gen 4 Mutlirole fighter,s F/A18 , F16, Jf17 , with a 4th ( the f15E) in the works i don't think a 5th multirole fixed wing fighter from gen 4 is going to be "mindmelting" even if it would be the first Russian full fidelity module.

I dont know if 80-90% want a Russian module, as the whole reason why ED has stuck to western aircraft is because they sell better. IF it was possible for Ed to do modern Russian fixed wing fighters then they would have said so. They would not cosntantly keep denying ever doing one, if it was feasible. Otherwise that would be misleading or outright lying.

I am predominantly a fixed wing pilot but the Ah64D is one of the few attack helos that i would be interested in buying and dedicating some time to. I think its one of those iconic helos that won't only appeal to rotorhead fans but also interest some fixed wing pilots to try out.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

After Having thtreee gen 4 Mutlirole fighter,s F/A18 , F16, Jf17 , with a 4th ( the f15E) in the works i don't think a 5th multirole fixed wing fighter from gen 4 is going to be "mindmelting" even if it would be the first Russian full fidelity module.

In that logic neither is then F-16 needed, or JF-17 or the F-15E as we had F/A-18C already.

Yet all those sells....

What would the first multirole REDAIR fighter do. A Su-27M (the first version) would be very much wanted by many already for the multiplayer balance in mind (meaning that you have similar capable aircrafts in use).

I dont know if 80-90% want a Russian module, as the whole reason why ED has stuck to western aircraft is because they sell better.

That I haven't heard that they sell better so much that it doesn't make sense to make a REDAIR module, but only for BLUEAIR.

IF it was possible for Ed to do modern Russian fixed wing fighters then they would have said so. They would not cosntantly keep denying ever doing one, if it was feasible. Otherwise that would be misleading or outright lying.

ED has never said that they will never be doing one, only that "at this moment". They have always kept door open for future that they will be able to do one. It is just one of these "We cross that bridge when we come to it".

I am predominantly a fixed wing pilot but the Ah64D is one of the few attack helos that i would be interested in buying and dedicating some time to. I think its one of those iconic helos that won't only appeal to rotorhead fans but also interest some fixed wing pilots to try out.

Far more challenging than example F-14B, that really needs already a human RIO with you. And AH-64 really requires that you have a another pilot with you. This was one great reasons why Mi-24 was opted for the P variant, as the pilot can use gun, rockets, bombs etc alone. Only leaving the AT missiles for the AI handling. And when main use is anyways gun and rockets, it does not require two players same time to be in the aircraft so often.

And same thing why KA-50 was so good choice for first full clickable module as it is single pilot helicopter. And even as is, it is less workload than a F/A-18 pilot does have.

But AH-64 is completely different thing, and I can't see any AI to be able perform acceptable manner in the simulator unless made it more like a game mode AI.

So sure thing is that many is interested for AH-64, but if it ends up to be "co-pilot required" kind module to fly, you need to have someone you know to be synced with schedule to get up.

Great things happens when that is possible, but we already know that we can't even get a second pilot to any two-seater jets, and for F-14 it is even challenge.

At least the co-pilot has far more to do in AH-64 than in Mi-24P, where it is basically just navigation and spotting and maybe sometimes get hands on the missile launching.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Well Su-27 just got shot down again for a whole decade....

What, where, why?

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

I think (/hope) it will be one of those:

F-111, Tornado, F-104, su-24, su 27, mig-25

or something more modern like: Gripen or rafale

I think that these are the most awaited aircraft.

what do you think?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think that was a hint at things that shall not be discussed here I read about yesterday as well...

In the Russian thread about rockets?

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!