[NEED TRACK] EW system sometimes swaps contacts when in "offset" mode.

Sgt_Baker

How about you just fix reported bugs, eh, buddy?

If I were ED then I'm sure I would be on it, unfortunately your bug cant be one of those reported bugs as the information you have provided doesn't detail how to reproduce and doesn't include a track to help understand the situation.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

If I were ED then I'm sure I would be on it, unfortunately your bug cant be one of those reported bugs as the information you have provided doesn't detail how to reproduce and doesn't include a track to help understand the situation.

No probs. Carry on as you were. ED's problem, not mine.

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

Whats with the attitude? He just suggested you added a track or a video showing the bug happening as it makes it easier for the testers to pin it down and forward it to the dev team to be fixed. Seems reasonable to me. :dunno:

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Whats with the attitude? He just suggested you added a track or a video showing the bug happening as it makes it easier for the testers to pin it down and forward it to the dev team to be fixed. Seems reasonable to me. :dunno:

Yeah, this attitude.

I can't imagine that many people use the F/A-18C Lot 20's "OFFSET" button given that it's hidden behind the in-cockpit joystick (unless one uses the "remove joystick" function).

If "lit up" and fired upon by an S-300 site, you're being "painted" by three radars; all on the same bearing: Two search radars and one fire-control radar.

You might possess four AGM-88 HARMs per aircraft with which to counter this action. However, since you've blundered in to the catchment area of an S-300 battery, how do you most effectively shoot back? Self-Protection mode.

In Self-Protection mode, you can fire the AGM-88 HARM at any given emitter detected by your RWR apparatus. Yet how does one ensure that one places one missile on each of the detected emitters? Or even know there are multiple emitters (other than education regarding S-300 sites)?

OFFSET MODE!

OFFSET mode allows you to fire an ARM at each of the threatening emitters without the guesswork.

That's why and how I know OFFSET mode is broken. The screen symbols go out of whack, while in OFFSET, and swap this or that or the other emitter. Yet the missiles and underlying sim are unaffected.

It's easiest to reproduce if you set obviously-different radar emitters at great distance from each other then click in and out of OFFSET mode. The F/A-18 will frequently swap emitters at random.

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

Now, as for the "attitude".

You don't pay people money only to perform the horse-work yourself.

and just to give you more horse-work Hornet's RWR updates at a slide show rate during maneuvering. Sometimes it takes 3 seconds after the turn for the spikes to catch up. It's reported multiple times already.

I take it that's it's not possible that there are two search radars? One in front and one to the left? This is why we need more information, we need to know the exact situation in order to determine if the behavior is correct or not. We need a track, a mission file, anything more can only help, and your attitude certainly doesn't.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Cannot reproduce on 2.5.5 stable... Tried making a mess of friendly and hostile RADARs - didn't see any swapping, all I saw was offset mode doing what it should be doing...

And Sgt_baker, no amount of petulance is going to fix this problem, and is hitting escape, then pressing save track, then uploading it really doing the 'horse-work'?

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

"My attitude doesn't help"

I've only been helping all of DCS since 2014 you arsehole mother****ers.

Do you know what would help?

A TRACK FILE

How hard is it baker? I mean basically every other bug thread has things like videos, logs a detailed description, a track file... But yeah sure a screenshot with 2 arrows with some petulance lumped on is all super helpful...

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I think you've misunderstood my question; I'm asking if there are 2 radars that are showing up as 'S' (AWACS is not the same as a search radar), but since you've shown no ability to clearly and calmly convey any particular point to this thread, and have resolved to spouting nonsense, I'll take my leave.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

I get the impression rage quitting is still a thing. Track file would be nice as it may have information as to WHY it happened in the first place -ie what systems were turned on, what units were where, if you had a certain system set up in a weird manner..after all, a track file is a recording of every single switch flipped in the cockpit at what time and space it took place in every single vehicle in the mission...but obviously OP knows this?

Or maybe he can assist and take the 10 seconds or so to post a track file instead of bickering and complaining about something that nobody else seems to be able to recreate. Sooo...how about instead of complaining about it, you put in a little bit more motivation, a little less attitude and just post a track file? Dont be "that guy".

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Yet "LA LA LA LA CAN'T HEAR YOU". How /very/ military of you all.

I cannot reproduce your problem. Suggest you post a track file, so I can watch it through and see if its doing the same thing.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Tried as well and cannot reproduce. I set up a couple of friendly flights, a friendly AWACS, 6 hostile SA-10 batteries packed together and two hostile MiG-29s coming from the direction of the SA-10 batteries. OFFSET correctly separates the RWR signals and keeps them as close to their original azimuth as possible.

Bonus, when the six SA-10 batteries are firing at you, the critical threat stems of the firing radars also offset correctly and align to the offset of their respective search radars.

A track would help a lot in illustrating this issue, since it's difficult to reproduce.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro