Release date?

Aluminum Donkey

My guess: mid to late 2024...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

This comment from HB on the F-4 forum seems to suggest it will be up to five months before the hype campaign starts for the Phantom. Seems prudent not to expect that to hit EA before Q4.

I have to believe they'll give it at least 12 months between releases, and then allowing time for the hype campaign and presale... I'm afraid my guess is the Typhoon hits EA in the first half of 2025. I hope history judges me pessimistic.

• Like 1

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

We believe that 2023 will be a truly exciting year for all, with the introduction of eagerly awaited modules like the DCS: F-4E by Heatblur, DCS: F-15E by RAZBAM, DCS: OH-58D Kiowa Warrior by Polychop, DCS: F4U-1D Corsair by Magnitude 3, DCS: C-130J by the Airplane Simulation Company, new Mirage F1 versions by Aerges, DCS: Normandy 2.0 map by Ugra Media, the DCS: Sinai Map by OnReTech, and more! Please don’t miss to watch our 2023 AND BEYOND VIDEO!

Link

That announcement makes 2023 look less likely. The Kiowa and C130 being possible for 23 were surprises though.

Edited by Scott-S6
  • Like 1

Wow, I haven't posted to this thread in a while. Surprised to see that the Typhoon hasn't been released yet.

My new RTX 3070 will probably be obsolete when it gets released 🙂

AD

Edited by Aluminum Donkey
  • Like 1

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

2 hours ago, Gorn_GER said:

Sorry for the flex but who buys less than RTX 3080 when planning to play DCS with it? 😄 

For me, 3070 already is obsolete for DCS. 

It’s really dependent on the resolution you are using. 

for me, the 3080 is obsolete for me as I fly exclusively in VR and the vram is needed. 

vor 16 Stunden schrieb McCloud:

It’s really dependent on the resolution you are using. 

for me, the 3080 is obsolete for me as I fly exclusively in VR and the vram is needed. 

therefor I use a 3090 to power my HP-Reverb G2 in DCS. And even the 24GB VRAM is not the holy grail in DCS. I had to switch from SteamVR to OpenXR by using opencomposite to get "good" VR results. ED realy has to work on the game engine soon. 

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Harry.R:

Don't worry about your 3070, I'm still on a 1070 and it works fine in VR for me. One day when I want a few more frames I'll update.

idk man. I used RTX 2070 with Oculus Quest 1 + 2 and HP-Reverb G2 and the results felt really bad. I had to turn down everything to low and it was still shuttering. With a system of a friend i tried the VR setup with 3070, too and because of that bad results I bought 3090. That was the first time i was not dissapointed of DCS-VR anymore. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gorn_GER said:

therefor I use a 3090 to power my HP-Reverb G2 in DCS. And even the 24GB VRAM is not the holy grail in DCS. I had to switch from SteamVR to OpenXR by using opencomposite to get "good" VR results. ED realy has to work on the game engine soon. 

Very much this.

Edited by McCloud

4 hours ago, Gorn_GER said:

idk man. I used RTX 2070 with Oculus Quest 1 + 2 and HP-Reverb G2 and the results felt really bad. I had to turn down everything to low and it was still shuttering. With a system of a friend i tried the VR setup with 3070, too and because of that bad results I bought 3090. That was the first time i was not dissapointed of DCS-VR anymore. 

Understood, I have a Rift S which I don't suppose is quite as demanding as a Reverb. When I save up enough and don't have any other commitments then I'll probably get a 3080/3090, but will probably have to upgrade my whole PC by then 🙂

Edited by Harry.R

On 1/13/2023 at 4:27 PM, Harry.R said:

Understood, I have a Rift S which I don't suppose is quite as demanding as a Reverb. When I save up enough and don't have any other commitments then I'll probably get a 3080/3090, but will probably have to upgrade my whole PC by then 🙂

I play on RTX 2070 super on Rift S, and I think it's minimum what you need, on bigger servers it kinda lags.

- legitscoper

My specs:

Windows 8.1 Laptop Lenovo Y50 intel core i7 Nvidia GTX 860M, 8gb RAM, 275GB SSD

The problem is the ever increasing hardware requirements of the game. A very powerful rig built especially for DCS World, that ran the game perfectly fine a year ago should not be struggling to run the same game today. (This is not really apparent in 2d gaming, but it is very apparent in VR)

Also, we have gone way off topic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

9 hours ago, legitscoper said:

I play on RTX 2070 super on Rift S, and I think it's minimum what you need, on bigger servers it kinda lags.

Yeah, AO lags quite badly, the other 4YA type servers not so much.  I still get reasonable frames and manage to do streamed aeros events okay, when it gets bad I'll upgrade. DCS isn't optimised for VR just yet, so it's my CPU and M2 drive which keep it playing nicely for me. I do randomly suffer from 'VR lag' though, which is where I look at the F10  map, and then in cockpit the frame rate drops and becomes super laggy. Doesn't happen all the time, does happen at inconvienient times.. 🙂

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2023 at 8:59 PM, Rick Mave said:

What are you actually talking about. That's definitely not the case ^^

Who knows? Two companies have basically given up on actually developing the EFA for DCS (Truegrit does not do any coding for the upcoming module), I'm still skeptical that it will be released at all.

• Like 1

Well, i think we can all agree upon that Heatblur is most likely capable to code the needed systems for the Eurofighter as long as Truegrit provides them with the necessary information.

Yes the eurofighter would be a challenge to develop for any seasoned developer, which is mostly caused by the lack of access to needed documentation and knowledge (which isn't a problem for Truegrit) and the fact that many systems of the Eurofighter are deeply interconnected building up on each other.

This leads to a situation in which developers will be forced to release the Eurofighter in a very complete state in order to give the user a faithfull representation of what it is like to interact with it. Obviously that leads to a very long development timeframe which most smaller DCS devs simply can't afford to sustain without any additional revenue during that period. This is something Heatblur and Truegrit also don't have to struggle with, due to the nearing realease of the Phantom (on top of that i wouldn't be supprised if Adams Simulation and Training was also still cashing in to support the project).

Overall the Eurofighter development will take considerably longer than that of most other modules in DCS untill it can even be considered read for EA. 

vor 13 Stunden schrieb MRTX:

Well, i think we can all agree upon that Heatblur is most likely capable to code the needed systems for the Eurofighter as long as Truegrit provides them with the necessary information.

Yes the eurofighter would be a challenge to develop for any seasoned developer, which is mostly caused by the lack of access to needed documentation and knowledge (which isn't a problem for Truegrit) and the fact that many systems of the Eurofighter are deeply interconnected building up on each other.

This leads to a situation in which developers will be forced to release the Eurofighter in a very complete state in order to give the user a faithfull representation of what it is like to interact with it. Obviously that leads to a very long development timeframe which most smaller DCS devs simply can't afford to sustain without any additional revenue during that period. This is something Heatblur and Truegrit also don't have to struggle with, due to the nearing realease of the Phantom (on top of that i wouldn't be supprised if Adams Simulation and Training was also still cashing in to support the project).

Overall the Eurofighter development will take considerably longer than that of most other modules in DCS untill it can even be considered read for EA. 

In a very complete state!? No pls not, that wouldn't be a real simulation. The EF need Bugs and missing functions! XD

• Like 1

Intel Core i9 13900K; Palit GeForce RTX 4090; 64GB Kingston FURY DDR5

Steam | Discord | Twitch | YouTube | Instagram

3 hours ago, Butcher868 said:

In a very complete state!? No pls not, that wouldn't be a real simulation. The EF need Bugs and missing functions! XD

thats kind of the entire point of Early Access, no?

If im buying an early access module I'm expecting bugs and missing functions in return for having the module early.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/24/2022 at 3:39 PM, Zahnatom said:

maybe i'm alone on this but i'd prefer anything early over nothing until a couple of years later but then everything.

You are not alone, I actually enjoy early access releases … even the F-16 was enjoyable to me 😍

Edit: Sorry, didnt notice the date of the post I was quoting 😞 

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB