Release date?

Aluminum Donkey

15 hours ago, Zahnatom said:

or maybe release it earlier 🙂 i'd prefer that 

They could just finish the external model, release it into EA and then work on other projects for the next few years. It worked for the Harrier 😜 

Edited by Horns
Typo
  • Like 3

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

9 hours ago, Harry_Bumcrack said:

My money is on 2025...

Along with the recently announced Kola map, that would make a nice 30th anniversary present (anyone else remember DID's EF2000?)

I do, although the graphics weren't exactly "outstanding" (quite the contrary) for its time, I enjoyed it a lot :

- several modern avionics features, tipical of a modern era jet;

- Helmet Mounted Sight & ASRAAM  missiles;

- LGB's with the respective targeting POD, etc.

Grotesque detail I recal: if ejecting the pilot while flying inverted over the runway ... there would be a red spot around the body on the ground !

• Like 1

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

On 8/23/2022 at 5:27 AM, Harry_Bumcrack said:

My money is on 2025...

Along with the recently announced Kola map, that would make a nice 30th anniversary present (anyone else remember DID's EF2000?)

Yes, EF2000 was a blast. It's predecessor TFX was as well. Although I like the Eurofigther more than I like the Raptor from TFX (or the F-117A for that matter).

Along with the Kola map it's almost like a revisit but 30 years later. 🙂

• Like 2

2025 sounds more like a full release date to me rather than early access
Just keep in mind that both the Viggen and the F-14 are still in EA. The latter has been out for almost 3.5 years, the former for longer. I think the Typhoon will be released in EA before 2025, but definitely not be feature complete by then.
  • Like 3

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

2 hours ago, Harker said:
23 hours ago, Zahnatom said:

Just keep in mind that both the Viggen and the F-14 are still in EA. The latter has been out for almost 3.5 years, the former for longer. I think the Typhoon will be released in EA before 2025, but definitely not be feature complete by then.

I agree. When @Cobra847 spoke on the Air Combat Sim podcast, he mentioned that the Eurofighter would be more of a "bare bones" release than HB usually do. At this point, 2023 would be an optimistic EA date, it won't be at Release level in two years.

If I was to guess, I'd say F-4 EA in Q2 '23 (although I'd love to say Phantom Phebruary), with Eurofighter EA following 12 - 18 months later, with at least four years to reach Release.

Edited by Horns
  • Thanks 1

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

5 hours ago, Harker said:
On 8/23/2022 at 8:57 PM, Zahnatom said:

maybe i'm alone on this but i'd prefer anything early over nothing until a couple of years later but then everything.

to me it seems more enjoyable to see the progress from the cockpit and to try it myself rather than getting some pictures every now and then

Edited by Zahnatom
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Zahnatom said:

maybe i'm alone on this but i'd prefer anything early over nothing until a couple of years later but then everything.

to me it seems more enjoyable to see the progress from the cockpit and to try it myself rather than getting some pictures every now and then

I'm not against early access. I was just saying that, based on how long modules take to complete once released in early access, and seeing that the Typhoon probably won't be released until 2023 at the earliest, the 2 years until 2025 don't seem at all feasible for it to reach full module release. It could definitely be released before 2025 (I very much hope so), but it will most likely remain in early access past that.

Or I could be wrong and we'll have a feature-complete Typhoon by 2025. But based on the realities of developing DCS modules, this seems unlikely.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

8 hours ago, Harker said:

I'm not against early access. I was just saying that, based on how long modules take to complete once released in early access, and seeing that the Typhoon probably won't be released until 2023 at the earliest, the 2 years until 2025 don't seem at all feasible for it to reach full module release. It could definitely be released before 2025 (I very much hope so), but it will most likely remain in early access past that.

Or I could be wrong and we'll have a feature-complete Typhoon by 2025. But based on the realities of developing DCS modules, this seems unlikely.

i think its a fair to assume that the Eurofighter will stay in early access for longer than other HB modules due to its complexity so i wouldnt be surprised if it was released in 2023 and stayed in early access maybe even until 2027 or even later. Lets say HB had some "base level" of functionality(not relative but absolute) as in "can fly, is clickable, can do basic combat". This would mean that there would be a lot more to add after its release and thus result in a longer early-access phase

Edited by Zahnatom

4 hours ago, Zahnatom said:

Lets say HB had some "base level" of functionality(not relative but absolute) as in "can fly, is clickable, can do basic combat". This would mean that there would be a lot more to add after its release and thus result in a longer early-access phase

HB said they'll release it as an AA plattform first. I don't know which missiles it will have but for ground pounding you won't have more than the gun in Air to Air mode as far as I know. AG will be added while in early access. I'd say that counts as base level functionality 😄

• Like 1

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Harker:

The last official statement was "early 23". That's why I almost assume that it will come sometime in 23. But we will see...

On 8/25/2022 at 11:02 AM, Cathnan said:

HB said they'll release it as an AA plattform first. I don't know which missiles it will have but for ground pounding you won't have more than the gun in Air to Air mode as far as I know. AG will be added while in early access. I'd say that counts as base level functionality 😄

In the FAQ they say what missiles, IRIS-T and the meteor specifically but it may come with ASRAAMs or AMRAAMs well (which is just speculation on my part at this point).

On 8/25/2022 at 12:47 PM, Germane said:

The last official statement was "early 23". That's why I almost assume that it will come sometime in 23. But we will see...

Where did you read/hear this? There hasn't been any "release date" confirmed by HB/TG as far as I was aware.

Edited by JOYFUL_CLOVR

Specs: i7-11700k, RTX 3070 Ti, 64GB RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD

Squadron:

Capture.PNG

vor 20 Minuten schrieb JOYFUL_CLOVR:

Where did you read/hear this? There hasn't been any "release date" confirmed by HB/TG as far as I was aware.

That was a statement from ED itself. Of course, this is to be taken with a grain of salt, but I think it is more or less reliable and not totally unrealistic. HB will always have to keep ED up to date, I think.

Am 22.6.2022 um 15:45 schrieb Silver_Dragon:

Edited by Germane
  • Like 2

On 8/27/2022 at 9:15 PM, Germane said:

That was a statement from ED itself. Of course, this is to be taken with a grain of salt, but I think it is more or less reliable and not totally unrealistic. HB will always have to keep ED up to date, I think.

Thanks for linking that, good to be able to check the source directly and they certainly said that. I’m surprised they were as specific as they were, but I have no reason to believe they misspoke, so the takeaway is that, as of June, early ‘23 was ED’s expectation.

AS the EF 2000 is still in service currently, how on earth would the Devs get accurate data to make it PFM and the equivalent for the avionics ?

the EF 2000 is like the rafale and we all know thats its currently impossible to make a PFM and accurate avionics due to the lack of data

Rafale is made by Dassault, which is a well known PITA to work with. The Eurofighter is not. The devs evidently have their ways of getting the necessary data, this doesn't mean the data is fully public, just that the team was able to get it. It's Dassault that makes making the Rafale impossible, in fact, I believe they even got a mod team who made one for FSX take it down (although the team in question made it a paid addon, which companies tend to frown upon if they don't get their cut).

6 hours ago, AdrianL said:

Many things said in that interview have turned out to be wrong i.e. no new F-5, no Tornado, etc.

Thanks, I didn't previously know anything from that interview had been clarified, in case I misled anyone here is the Reddit thread where these comments on that interview were originally made by @NineLine. Although NL didn't specifically refute the timeline given for the Typhoon, and did say "it's not that some of that stuff isn't happening", personally I'm going to dismiss everything Simon Pearson said, including the "early next year" comment about the Typhoon.

When I first watched that interview I was surprised SP was so forthcoming. I guess this is why people from ED and our devs are reluctant to give details outside of statements that are specifically prepared and cleared, it's too easy to say something in good faith that turns out to be wrong and it's tough to clean up when that happens.

6 hours ago, cmbaviator said:

AS the EF 2000 is still in service currently, how on earth would the Devs get accurate data to make it PFM and the equivalent for the avionics ?

the EF 2000 is like the rafale and we all know thats its currently impossible to make a PFM and accurate avionics due to the lack of data

I’ve got a little bit on the Rafale’s avionics from someone who worked on it. True Grit is a company of SME so they have a lot we don’t. I am a little concerned about the Flight model though, but the benefit of the doubt is well earned.