DCS World roadmap update

Kate Perederko

Tomorrow we will deliver the update with significant changes to performance. However, we cannot predict if it will work for everyone. We will monitor again and see how good it is.

We are already blamed that we deliver OB without testing. Well, we just cannot cover the number of tests the community can have. Internal testing showed that it is a significant update. Tomorrow's Open Beta will show the truth.

Don’t worry for that people will whine and complain whatever you decide.

Anyway if you need more testers for closed beta i am here

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

And we thought that we will use this period to improve the software. We didn't experience the multiplayer issues that we have right now.

Just for clarification, are the issues with the SC module, or multiplayer itself?

My understanding as has been mentioned in the thread already, was that the carrier was ready for an EA release pending the end of the sale, which I wasn’t excited about, but understood.

If the issues are related to the current SC build, was it not possible to release the last known stable build such as the one that would’ve released had the sale not delayed it? :huh:

Edited by beaniejosh

• ED Team
So you're telling me that the Hornet is going to be complete by the end of this year but the FLIR is not. Which tells me that the ATFLIR will not be ready since you are waiting on the FLIR engine. So how exactly is the Hornet complete by December?

FLIR already exists in DCS and ATFLIR will be implemented.

We work on an enhancement to FLIR that we have now, to extend it to the modern level of technologies.

• ED Team
What about the Data cards for the hornet and viper and the aircraft customization showcased last year?

I will have a complete roadmap for 2020 for Hornet and Viper published soon in the section of the products to keep updating you.

We have one team working on both products and we need to agree on the resource management plan first.

I will have a complete roadmap for 2020 for Hornet and Viper published soon in the section of the products to keep updating you.

We have one team working on both products and we need to agree on the resource management plan first.

Ok thank you sounds perfect!

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

([ Mid Term ] Modern Air Combat. )

Why not just call it FC4 ???

Can't believe it you guy's going to release a package with the same airplanes and charge us again for the airplanes we already own in FC3...

Talking about being greedy!

Man, you need to inform yourself, before making weird, and wrong accusations!

1) MAC is planned as a separate GAME not an FC3 like aircraft package.

2) Nobody said they charge you for the planes you already own in DCS. Last I heard if you own FC3 and the F-5E for example you still have your FC3 planes and get the MAC Version of the F-5E free...

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Dynamic Campaign

I know this is a long term project, but I would love any kind of update on the progress. This is by far the future module I am most looking forward to.

Thanks!

Intel i7 9700K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E, Zotac GTX 2080 TI AMP, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, Corsair H60 liquid cooler, EVGA 850W PS, Cooler Master: Master Case H500, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD | Virpil CM2 Throttle, F-16: Thrustmaster F-16/A-10 Stick, F-18: Thrustmaster F-18 Stick | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | G2 Reverb, J-PEIN Desk mount Throttle, VIRPIL VP-L mount Stick, Cougar MFDs, Generic Custom Built Front Panel, Left Panel and Right Panel, 32 Button Steam Deck.

Considering the indignities of the last month (a national dialog on bidets because everyone panic-bought toilet paper qualifies I think) and the widespread suffering and worry around the world, the delay of Supercarrier is the last thing I'm upset about.

The odds are pretty good that this pandemic is represented somewhere in the neighborhood of anyone who might be reading this forum, frankly it's pretty absurd to think the employees at ED could go on unaffected or without distraction to their work when you've got coronavirus screwing so many things up in your own backyard. Anyone playing the "you set the date, not me" card over this needs to get real. A global pandemic is beyond the scope of ED's timeline estimations and if you've been around DCS long enough to be so cynical, you know better than to think that date was set with an abundance of time to fix a nagging bug or two.

Very much appreciate the update and the efforts at communication and transparency. I'm as anxious as anybody to get on the TR and thoroughly test the new holdback arms, but while I can't do that today it really does help to see good faith efforts at fixing the DCS development process. Thank you and best wishes to you and the rest of ED, Kate. Hope everyone is healthy and getting by just fine.

There was no dishonesty, sorry if you feel that way.

The post by Wags explained about the sales, and even mentioned it gave us some more time to deal with with super carrier tasks.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=266705

thanks

Not following your logic on this.

If it was delayed for a sale, that clearly indicates completion and waiting for the to sale end to deploy. The current delay shows it wasn’t and isn’t ready to deploy yet.

Deductive reasoning leads to a conclusion that the first statement was untrue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• ED Team
Dear Kate:

Thanks for the update!

In the reddit thread you linked you posted somewhere that multiplayer architecture will be reworked. Could you elaborate on this?

The base problem for multiplayer is the delivery of packets. One user play with high-speed LAN, other plays via Wi-Fi, different countries, different providers, suddenly my neighbor started to play a game as well, or U2 started to stream the concert via youtube and networks started to manage the packets in a different way and my provider equipment decided to give more bandwidth to somebody else.

If I use a browser it might be okay or if I use a strategic computer game it's fine and easy to manage. But if I use dynamic world with 100K+ objects and possibly to switch many miles away by jumping from one high-speed aircraft to another that's a different story because my computer and the server I work with need to transfer a lot of data with milliseconds. And we really cannot predict if suddenly one of the users starts to receive the packets a bit slower than the others... and everyone is desynced.

We have an approach to handle such situations. It worked for us for some time. Now it's not working and we started to create a new approach and test a new mathematical model for it. I cannot tell the deadlines.

• ED Team
That's nice! As real pilot, one big thing I always pray for improvement is the circumference os the world in the maps instead of the flat ground.

Any plans for change this in a future?

Thanks for the updates and take attention with the customers!

Yes, we have it in plans.

• ED Team
As many replies said, there are many Solo-play-focus players.

If the main issues of Supercarrier being related to multiplayer is ture, release a single player version at first(within this week) should be a reasonable option. Check this:https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4288099&postcount=1495

We consider the single-player release as a plan B.

The base problem for multiplayer is the delivery of packets. One user play with high-speed LAN, other plays via Wi-Fi, different countries, different providers, suddenly my neighbor started to play a game as well, or U2 started to stream the concert via youtube and networks started to manage the packets in a different way and my provider equipment decided to give more bandwidth to somebody else.

If I use a browser it might be okay or if I use a strategic computer game it's fine and easy to manage. But if I use dynamic world with 100K+ objects and possibly to switch many miles away by jumping from one high-speed aircraft to another that's a different story because my computer and the server I work with need to transfer a lot of data with milliseconds. And we really cannot predict if suddenly one of the users starts to receive the packets a bit slower than the others... and everyone is desynced.

We have an approach to handle such situations. It worked for us for some time. Now it's not working and we started to create a new approach and test a new mathematical model for it. I cannot tell the deadlines.

Thanks a lot! I was just curious about it, I'm happy to hear this is something you are working on.