ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

Go to solution Solved by ivan-ivanov-1902,

I really like the LA class submarine, but it does have some issues.  For one thing, it doesn't seem to fire its weapons anymore, at anything.  Aside from that and the missiles sticking out of the VLS cells, its main issues are with armament placement.  Currently both Tomahawks and Harpoons launch from the VLS, which is incorrect.  The VLS can only launch Tomahawks.  The Harpoons should launch from the torpedo tubes.  Aside from that it shows up named incorrectly, should be something like "SSN Los Angeles Flight II", not USS Los Angeles Flight II SSN 688.  USS Los Angeles was the first ship of the class, with hull number 688, and never had the VLS tubes.

Edited by Spino
  • Like 1

Website (DCS Content): https://sites.google.com/view/spinossimulationsite/home?authuser=0

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@SpinosSimulations

System Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 3060, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM

DCS Wishlist: F-8E/J Crusader, Kola Peninsula Map, F-14B(U), F-14D/ST-21 Super Tomcat

Hey Spino, i sent you the fix for the missiles appearing. Also, EDs updates will break most mod codes. The mod needs to be completely re-worked! 

Whenever you all have any issues with any of the mods I created. Please send me a PM and i will correct them when i have time!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pantasauras said:

Are there any mods for Cold War era warships like the Spruance class or Charles F Adams class by any chance? We have such a massive gap for naval assets for stuff that precedes the Ticonderoga class for example

There is, the Kidd, Bainbridge, Bowen, and Sacramento are available to download. But I'm not sure if there any bugs from the latest DCS updates.

Edited by navyBtown

Am 24.11.2022 um 05:43 schrieb DerRedMax:

I tried installing Russian Frigate Admiral Kasatonov: Version 1.2.O. I installed it into my Savedgames/DCS.openbeta/Mods/Tech folder. It didnt work for me. Did I do something wrong?

Works fine for me at the Red Side or Russia.

Screen_221201_222149.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First off .... Happy 2023 everyone.

OK to my issues .... I have just installed the latest version (as per Page 1) of your Iranian Patrol boat mod and I am having trouble getting it to fire its missiles. I have attached my test mission for checking.

There also appears to be a graphics "glitch" as per the attached pics.

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers 😎

Screen_230106_124236.jpg

Screen_230106_132319.jpg

Test.miz

Edited by OzCougar

Thanks RWC! I'm quietly working another project as I write this message. Once the Warship mod is close to being complete. I will post it here. 

Although I don't post here always I'm always working on something. 

OzCougar i sent you a PM regarding V2 of the Irainian Patrol Boat refurbished by CurrentHill. He posted it on his Forum! 

Stay tuned guys. Many more AI Ship mods to come in 2023!!! Thanks for your patience!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Admiral189 said:

Thanks RWC! I'm quietly working another project as I write this message. Once the Warship mod is close to being complete. I will post it here. 

OzCougar i sent you a PM regarding V2 of the Irainian Patrol Boat refurbished by CurrentHill. He posted it on his Forum! 

Stay tuned guys. Many more AI Ship mods to come in 2023!!! Thanks for your patience!!

any plan to add USS Gerald Ford model sir ? 😄

7 minutes ago, Shadeslayers09 said:

where do you install these?

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Thanks 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

No plans to create the Gerald Ford. Just not there yet. That's a big project and it would take up a lot of time. If i had a team i would take it on. That's definitely an ED Project! They have the resources and the Team for it. If i do create it. it would be basic without all the bells and whistles. I think the most important parts on it is the CATs and Trap wires which could be completed.

Below is version 2 of the Irainian Patrol Boat by CurrentHill. He did an amazing job recreating it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm running both versions of the Iranian patrol boat and the collaborative version with Currenthill seems to have fixed the backwards missile issue. Or something else I've done has. My only comment would be to have the Osa armed version set off your RWR so they get a missile warning. 

On 1/7/2023 at 1:48 AM, Admiral189 said:

Thanks Admiral ! 👍

So I’ve done some reading to gain an understanding of each ship type. Just to make sure I’m on the right track here and to make sure that DCS does as such; Destroyers are to fight ships, cruisers to fight air targets, frigate to fight ships and underwater? And subs to well fight subs? 

In simple terms, each of the mods that fit into each category can fight as stated above? Just want to make sure I’m putting them in the right role in my mission building

Ryzen 7 5800x w/ PBO on, RTX 3070ti w/ OC, 32 GB RAM @3000 | Quest 2, Virpil Joystick, Throttle, and Rudder

17 hours ago, Admiral189 said:

Your welcome Akitaken!

Lt.Turbo the Osa missile can still be added to the Patrol boat but the weapon scripts will have to be changed to accommodate it.

Your version has the launcher on top fire the Osa missile from the SA-8, but for players there isn't a RWR warning for search, track, or lock from the patrol boat. The missile works properly but I was wondering how to get the RWR warnings to function so players have a chance against it. Or how to replace it with an IR missile.

Edited by Lt.Turbo

SmeagleGoneWild,

Actually the Destroyers and Cruisers can perform the same task. In real life however them may have different duties. Both protect the Air Craft Carriers along with submarines. They also conduct Drug Interdiction Operations as well plus many more duties.

Lt.Turbo the issue in DCS some weapons will not work with certain mods unless we declare a certain weapon for the mod. In that case the weapon performs much better than the weapons currently in DCS.  Example. The weapons currently used by the Irainian Fast Craft are declared. That's the beauty of DCS. We can bring any weapon into the game.  With CurrentHills scripts I have been able to bring an Exocet Missile to DCS and it proves hard to stop in some cases. I hope that answered your question.

Edited by Admiral189
  • Like 3