DCS MiG-29A

Krippz

45 minutes ago, Mike Force Team said:

@NineLine and @BIGNEWY We read the responses saying ED is thinking about the mig-29. As a virtual pilot, i will buy as a full-fidelty module should it be offered. My comments as an interested buyer. 

Mike Force Team

I will buy multiple,  first two already reserved;) 

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

The interest has been well established and for quite some time. It'd be a pre-order, day one, for me.

But, it's not something to get too excited over until the world situation changes or until something changes at ED.

EDIT: Forgot third party, third party is the better avenue here.

Edited by MiG21bisFishbedL
  • Like 2

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Please make it for RED Force players they need it bad way.    If not the MIG 29 see if the SU-33.

• Like 1

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

1 hour ago, MiG21bisFishbedL said:

But, it's not something to get too excited over until the world situation changes or until something changes at ED.

I honestly struggle to understand your point, but let us NOT derail this thread please. Share a nice photo of Fulcrum instead 🙂

• Like 2

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

4 hours ago, MiG21bisFishbedL said:

The interest has been well established and for quite some time. It'd be a pre-order, day one, for me.

EDIT: Forgot third party, third party is the better avenue here.

IDK I figure if it happens it will be a german/polish etc "model" cuz ED can claim no russian docs were used, and maybe like BST type shell company. 

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

6 hours ago, Gierasimov said:

I honestly struggle to understand your point, but let us NOT derail this thread please. Share a nice photo of Fulcrum instead 🙂

My point is don't get excited over something that's not realistic to expect a Fulcrum from ED at this point. We all know why.

3 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

IDK I figure if it happens it will be a german/polish etc "model" cuz ED can claim no russian docs were used, and maybe like BST type shell company. 

Honestly, that would be my expectation. At this point, a non-Russian MiG-29 is the most likely. That would be cool to get a Luftwaffe MiG-29G. It really begs the question of "How far along was the 9.12?"

Edited by MiG21bisFishbedL
  • Like 2

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

23 minutes ago, DD_Fenrir said:

Personally I see this as ED generating a level of commercial intelligence to attempt to inspire a 3rd party developer to take the reigns on the DCS: MiG-29 development, given that they have stated it's something they are unable to touch.

Oh man... 

They literally said they will do it. 

First it was Simon, then it was Kate in that interview, then it was BigNewy and NineLine... What else do you need apart from newsletter announcement? 

It will come when the time is good. 

Look how many things they have to get done still with F5/16/18. 

ED will deliver. I always trusted them, I do and I will unless they do me wrong. 

There are phases to each project too. 

Getting the reference documents, planning the project resources, securing means, then announcing. 

Look at the recent announcement about Deka, few years they been planning it before it made it to the newsletter. 

Finally, in case you have not noticed, plans shifted by roughly 2 years. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, MiGCap1 said:

If it helps: I have the original German Air Force manual for the G. 😉

Is it not the one that was re-printed and sold commercially? The one I posted image of?

IMG_20230215_102209.jpg

Edited by Gierasimov

Long time no see, bort number 70, originally delivered in July 1989, currently assigned to 41.elt, 22 Tactical Aviation Base, Malbork.

20230215_141518.jpg

What would be the point to a FF Mig 29 if ED won't upgrade the weapons ?. They don't have the full specs for BluFor weapons and are happy to guess at them but flat refuse for RedFor planes.  Tells you all you need to know about what ED think of RedFor fans. I love the 29 but won't be buying an FF until the weapons issue is addressed.

Edited by tsonagoat
  • Like 1

Hi Eagle Dynamics, I saw that on Tiktok you guys asked anyone who wants a Mig-29 to comment. I don't have Tictok but let me comment here. I would buy a Mig-29, especially an A or G, on Day one. I would even pre order it at full price. Cold war Soviet aircraft are vary interesting to me in general. The Mig-29A is especially interesting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1