Coolie Switch down short

dcs76

At the moment it is Coolie SW UP SHORT to switch to HUD when HUD is not SOI and switch to HMD if HUD is not SOI. This is also what the Dash-1 from 2012 is describing. In

Wags mentioned that this will change in the November update. Then we need to use Coolie SW DOWN SHORT to make HMD SOI. Was this change introduced in a later suite update for the aircraft in real life or is ED just "optimizing" the switchology for the player base? How will I be able to swap MFCDs in the future? This was usually the function of Coolie SW DOWN SHORT.

I could very well do without these changes! It was alreday a pain to re-learn the HOTAS for the current version of A-10C-2, and I don't need any more of this!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Hardly a raft of new changes is it? TGP boresight gone and Coolie down for the HMCS SOI which replaces a funct few used I'm guessing?

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

I wonder why they dropped swapping MFD's?

I guess most pilots found it less usefull then having a distinguished button for making the HMCS SOI, which I can relate to, as I often found myself having the HMCS selected as SOI when I wanted the HUD and vice versa. The display swap function on the other hand is something I use extremely rarely.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

yes but don’t ever expect a pure suite version in DCS.

Yes, i'm not that foolish. :) I was just wondering if what we have is new enough to get the new coolie assignments.

ED wants everything to be realistic. Am I wrong in saying the real Hog can't change laser codes in the air? If so, that should have been fixed a long time ago.

Buzz

Am I wrong in saying the real Hog can't change laser codes in the air? If so, that should have been fixed a long time ago.

The in-game JTAC informing the pilot of his laser-code should have been corrected a long time ago. It should be the other way around.

I wouldn't expect a fix for the ability to change laser-codes from the cockpit until the JTAC is updated, or else ED would be breaking functionality that is currently working, even when it's working the wrong way. ;)

I currently use Coolie Switch Aft with regularity - sometimes makes an easier flow switching display pages on each individual screen, sometimes to swap MFD for quick press of an OSB while keeping the right hand on the stick, sometimes to assist with some glare as another stated.

That being said, I also look forward to having that functionality change for the HMCS SOI command. It would be cool to replace Coolie Switch Aft long with the former functionality that Coolie Switch Aft short commanded, as the current Coolie Switch Aft long command is not something I ever use - but to each their own for things like this!

Off topic, but I am looking forward to seeing how the incoming CMS functionality change works out. Very very use to how it has functioned for years now - this is the one that gives me the most "worry." But like all things, adapt or die - in this case quite literally could be the situation :lol:

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Off topic, but I am looking forward to seeing how the incoming CMS functionality change works out. Very very use to how it has functioned for years now - this is the one that gives me the most "worry." But like all things, adapt or die - in this case quite literally could be the situation :lol:

Good point. :)

I'm also kind of worried about how long it takes my muscle memory to catch up with this.

Then again, something like this is the way I used to remember the functionality of the CMS switch in other sims and with previous generations of Thrustmaster HOTAS gear, and it did take me a long while to get used to the A-10C way. Maybe the transition back will be smoother this time.

Except I think I'll be confusing CMS Left Short and CMS Right Short for a long while ;)

• ED Team

Hi

It was done to support a more recent OFP software suite.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi

It was done to support a more recent OFP software suite.

thank you

Is the former command for coolie switch aft going to be performed by a different command (like coolie switch aft long) or is it going to be removed from functionality completely?

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

it is not

Copy that, will just adapt and assign some different systems to the MFDs. Thanks Snoopy!

Cheers,

Ziptie